(vent) Noir de Noir: Tom Ford vs Catherine

    (vent) Noir de Noir: Tom Ford vs Catherine

    post #1 of 6
    Thread Starter 
    I've exhausted all my resources now. I have personally emailed:

    The Perfume Court, Beauty Encounter, FragranceNet, Selfridges, Nordstorm, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Lucky Scent, Tom Ford (twice, and with no answer which I find amusing), Harrods, House of Fraser and there might be more but I forget. Of course I've been checking ebay too for the last couple of months and it's never there. I googled every single stockist and even if they didn't stock it, I emailed them anyway asking if they'd be getting it in.

    My question: asking whether they will ship the 250ml Noir de Noir bottle to me in Australia and the answer was a unified 'no'.

    (This goes for all sizes but I specifically want the 250ml because I love it so much and I adore the decanters - beautiful design and it's something I would treasure for it's aesthetics alone)


    I'm beyond frustrated. I think this morning I finally succumbed to my defeat. Something I don't like doing but I tried my best. There is one place I can buy it in Australia for $750 but that is an absurd amount (plus I cannot afford that however much I want it) when it retails for $460 in the US and $400 in the UK (my preferences, obviously). Still very expensive but I'd be willing to give up my coffees and going out to lunch/dinner for a while in order to get it and a bunch of other things. Perfumes and what they do to us. To me. Hunting and researching and taking up hours in the quest to get it. Should it really be this difficult? I think not.

    Anyway, that's my vent. I needed to get it out somewhere. I'm just very disappointed that noone ships internationally and that we can't stock it for a reasonable price here in AU. Crushed would be the right word to describe how I'm feeling if it didn't sound so dramatic.
    post #2 of 6
    Wow! You need to find somebody going on vacation to U.S. and ask them to please bring you back a bottle!
    post #3 of 6
    Thread Starter 
    Tell me about it :/
    post #4 of 6
    Dear Sea, so is the problem that shipping "liquids" internationally is now considered illegal? (Thanks to the absolutely stupid regulations that have been enacted to supposedly help "fight terrorism"?) Or is it something about Australia? In any event, I am starting to think there might be a pretty good niche business lurking here somehow! I mean the other day "a friend of mine" sent some liquid perfume to Europa. There didn't seem to be any law against doing same to the country in question (i.e. The Netherlands) but rather than get himself boxed in, he just declared the contents as "cosmetic powder brush" and off she went! (To a curious xray this small sample bottle would look like one of those portable powder brushes). But back to you and Australia, is it against some regulation to ship fragrances or certain liquids to your country? I have heard some news reports of late that the Australian government has become pretty totalitarian.
    post #5 of 6
    Msg. deleted
    post #6 of 6
    Hey, I posted in your thread in the main forum. Im from Adelaide and got a 100ml bottle of Noir de Noir id be willing to decant some for you. PM me
    class="

    4/24/11 at 3:45pm

    seaofghosts said:



    I've exhausted all my resources now. I have personally emailed:

    The Perfume Court, Beauty Encounter, FragranceNet, Selfridges, Nordstorm, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Lucky Scent, Tom Ford (twice, and with no answer which I find amusing), Harrods, House of Fraser and there might be more but I forget. Of course I've been checking ebay too for the last couple of months and it's never there. I googled every single stockist and even if they didn't stock it, I emailed them anyway asking if they'd be getting it in.

    My question: asking whether they will ship the 250ml Noir de Noir bottle to me in Australia and the answer was a unified 'no'.

    (This goes for all sizes but I specifically want the 250ml because I love it so much and I adore the decanters - beautiful design and it's something I would treasure for it's aesthetics alone)


    I'm beyond frustrated. I think this morning I finally succumbed to my defeat. Something I don't like doing but I tried my best. There is one place I can buy it in Australia for $750 but that is an absurd amount (plus I cannot afford that however much I want it) when it retails for $460 in the US and $400 in the UK (my preferences, obviously). Still very expensive but I'd be willing to give up my coffees and going out to lunch/dinner for a while in order to get it and a bunch of other things. Perfumes and what they do to us. To me. Hunting and researching and taking up hours in the quest to get it. Should it really be this difficult? I think not.

    Anyway, that's my vent. I needed to get it out somewhere. I'm just very disappointed that noone ships internationally and that we can't stock it for a reasonable price here in AU. Crushed would be the right word to describe how I'm feeling if it didn't sound so dramatic.

    4/24/11 at 4:57pm

    Robin-in-FL said:



    Wow! You need to find somebody going on vacation to U.S. and ask them to please bring you back a bottle!

    4/24/11 at 5:02pm

    seaofghosts said:



    Tell me about it :/

    5/1/11 at 10:58am

    Saintpaulia said:



    Dear Sea, so is the problem that shipping "liquids" internationally is now considered illegal? (Thanks to the absolutely stupid regulations that have been enacted to supposedly help "fight terrorism"?) Or is it something about Australia? In any event, I am starting to think there might be a pretty good niche business lurking here somehow! I mean the other day "a friend of mine" sent some liquid perfume to Europa. There didn't seem to be any law against doing same to the country in question (i.e. The Netherlands) but rather than get himself boxed in, he just declared the contents as "cosmetic powder brush" and off she went! (To a curious xray this small sample bottle would look like one of those portable powder brushes). But back to you and Australia, is it against some regulation to ship fragrances or certain liquids to your country? I have heard some news reports of late that the Australian government has become pretty totalitarian.

    5/1/11 at 10:59am

    Saintpaulia said:



    Msg. deleted

    5/18/11 at 11:20pm

    codyau said:



    Hey, I posted in your thread in the main forum. Im from Adelaide and got a 100ml bottle of Noir de Noir id be willing to decant some for you. PM me





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000