'Nam Op Thai' or Ancient Thai Wet Powder Perfume

    'Nam Op Thai' or Ancient Thai Wet Powder Perfume

    post #1 of 8
    Thread Starter 

    'Nam Op Thai' gives you aromatic, fresh and coolness that is really suitable for tropical country like Thailand.

    It is an ancient Thai knowledge of 'Fragrance Making' and it was formerly wore exclusively by the people in the palace. Now it is available for everyone.

    Thai people in the city have changed their taste to western fragrances, but people in the rural area still use it and we use it on inportant ceremonies like Wedding. There was legend that ancient Thai lady who use this fragrance smell so devine that even she left the room people can still smell her scent.

    'Nam Op Thai' usually consists nutural ingredient like
    - Nutmeg
    - Incense
    - Bergamot
    - Saffron
    - Sugar
    - Virgate (Wood)
    - Musk
    - Various floral notes such as
    -- rose
    -- jasmine
    -- frangipani or plumeria
    -- ylang-ylang
    -- vatica diospyroides syming
    -- pandanus tectorius
    etc.

    'Nam Op Thai' is the ancient authentic Thai fragrance that Thai people still use. If you can to Thailand, you might find it in some survenir shop.
    post #2 of 8
    Very cool! I've never heard of this before.
    post #3 of 8
    Thread Starter 
    It is something most foreigners have not know about my culture.

    This clip shows how to make it.


    The bottles in this blog was from the souvenir shop in a palace whcih is really welknown for its fragrances and the wanderful structure.

    The 2 big bottles can somewhat categorize as Eau de Cologne, while the small flacon is called 'Nam Prung' and it is really potent like Eau de Parfum.

    Nam Ob Thai is more unisex, but Nam Prung has the blust of floral so it is faminine fragrance.

    You can take a tour by watching these clips. Sorry, I can not find English clip.

    and

    and
    post #4 of 8
    Great ! Thank-you very much Wit-Siamese !!!
    My good friend is going to Thailand until January and I asked him to bring me a bottle of Nam Ob Thai. I hope he will find it and that I can smell it. So beautiful it looks, and all the ingredients. Fantastic.
    Thank you again for this information and nice clips.
    post #5 of 8
    Thread Starter 
    Nam Ob Thai is not exacly a perfume, but Nam Prung (small flacon) is basically Thai classic perfume.

    There are so many scents of Nam Prung, they uses Thai aromatic wood, incense, Thai flowers, etc.

    But I am not sure about the longevity and silage because it use only natural ingredients.
    post #6 of 8
    Oh I am not worried, but thank you. I will be happy if he does not forget !
    I would like very much to smell all these natural ingredients blended in a pretty fragrance. Eau de cologne or de parfum, it does not matter.
    I am so excited but I must wait until the end of january
    post #7 of 8
    Can this be purchased on the internet? I would love to try it.
    post #8 of 8
    Thread Starter 
    I have read somewhere that some company export these fragrances, but I can not find the infomation. I believe Thai section of your city might have it.
    class="

    11/7/11 at 1:25am

    Wit_Siamese said:




    'Nam Op Thai' gives you aromatic, fresh and coolness that is really suitable for tropical country like Thailand.

    It is an ancient Thai knowledge of 'Fragrance Making' and it was formerly wore exclusively by the people in the palace. Now it is available for everyone.

    Thai people in the city have changed their taste to western fragrances, but people in the rural area still use it and we use it on inportant ceremonies like Wedding. There was legend that ancient Thai lady who use this fragrance smell so devine that even she left the room people can still smell her scent.

    'Nam Op Thai' usually consists nutural ingredient like
    - Nutmeg
    - Incense
    - Bergamot
    - Saffron
    - Sugar
    - Virgate (Wood)
    - Musk
    - Various floral notes such as
    -- rose
    -- jasmine
    -- frangipani or plumeria
    -- ylang-ylang
    -- vatica diospyroides syming
    -- pandanus tectorius
    etc.

    'Nam Op Thai' is the ancient authentic Thai fragrance that Thai people still use. If you can to Thailand, you might find it in some survenir shop.

    11/7/11 at 1:55am

    rogalal said:



    Very cool! I've never heard of this before.

    11/7/11 at 2:12am

    Wit_Siamese said:



    It is something most foreigners have not know about my culture.

    This clip shows how to make it.


    The bottles in this blog was from the souvenir shop in a palace whcih is really welknown for its fragrances and the wanderful structure.

    The 2 big bottles can somewhat categorize as Eau de Cologne, while the small flacon is called 'Nam Prung' and it is really potent like Eau de Parfum.

    Nam Ob Thai is more unisex, but Nam Prung has the blust of floral so it is faminine fragrance.

    You can take a tour by watching these clips. Sorry, I can not find English clip.

    and

    and

    11/7/11 at 4:30am

    Laureline said:



    Great ! Thank-you very much Wit-Siamese !!!
    My good friend is going to Thailand until January and I asked him to bring me a bottle of Nam Ob Thai. I hope he will find it and that I can smell it. So beautiful it looks, and all the ingredients. Fantastic.
    Thank you again for this information and nice clips.

    11/7/11 at 5:57am

    Wit_Siamese said:



    Nam Ob Thai is not exacly a perfume, but Nam Prung (small flacon) is basically Thai classic perfume.

    There are so many scents of Nam Prung, they uses Thai aromatic wood, incense, Thai flowers, etc.

    But I am not sure about the longevity and silage because it use only natural ingredients.

    11/7/11 at 9:32am

    Laureline said:



    Oh I am not worried, but thank you. I will be happy if he does not forget !
    I would like very much to smell all these natural ingredients blended in a pretty fragrance. Eau de cologne or de parfum, it does not matter.
    I am so excited but I must wait until the end of january

    11/7/11 at 9:08pm

    Partagas said:



    Can this be purchased on the internet? I would love to try it.

    11/8/11 at 1:38am

    Wit_Siamese said:



    I have read somewhere that some company export these fragrances, but I can not find the infomation. I believe Thai section of your city might have it.





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000