Here's what i want from a fragrance

    Here's what i want from a fragrance

    post #1 of 11
    Thread Starter 
    Hi i'm new to these forums but not new to the world of fragrance in general but for a while now i havent been able to explore my passion for fragrances but i can now and im back to being obsessed with them. I have a long list of fragrances that i want to buy, fragrances that i want to try and fragrances that ive tried and will never ever buy (Amougage Lyric - worst.smell.ever.). Anyway i was wondering if you knowledgeable lot could help me with this list of things i want from fragrances in general: I want to have them project to the point that when i'm standing completely still, the scent i'm wearing is emanating off me to a short radius. I dont want to stink a room out but i certainly want it to be noticeable. I want to walk past people and have my fragrance be noticeable to them but not toooo much. I want to leave a nice trail behind me. That is about it really. I dont really care about longetivity as i can always re apply later on. Right now i spray on my neck and clothes mainly but im not getting what i want from them and it's not because of the scents themself. Allure Homme Sport, Le Male, all those powerhouses. I spray about 6 sprays and i know that i dont leave too much sillage or projection. Any tips, tricks, methods would be much appreciated : )
    post #2 of 11

    Hi there. Have you had any feedback from people around you about your fragrance projection? Our ability to smell a persistent scent attenuates very quickly and you might be projecting OK but not be aware of it.

    Some people use an unscented moisturising lotion to improve longevity. Is your skin very dry?

    I say wear what you want for yourself and let everything else go.

    Enjoy!

    post #3 of 11

    also spraying to pulse points. wrists,elbows,etc.

    post #4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UnifexView Post

    Our ability to smell a persistent scent attenuates very quickly and you might be projecting OK but not be aware of it.
    Very true.
    post #5 of 11
    Thread Starter 

    Hi yeah i've asked family and friends but they can't smell it and i come in and out of where i work and have left absolutely no sillage whatsoever. I'm sure there has to be a way to project well and have nice sillage, like a special way of applying or rubbing a certain oil or something.

    post #6 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dame6View Post
    Le Male, all those powerhouses. I spray about 6 sprays and i know that i dont leave too much sillage or projection.

    If you're seriously wearing six sprays of that stuff, then chances are you've sent people's noses into to shock and their brains have shut down olfactory pathways to protect their CNS.

    ;)

    post #7 of 11

    ^^^ Agree. 6 sprays of Le Male? I am quite certain people in the room are well aware of you and your fragrance - even if they don't say anything. You may not be able to smell it too much after a while, but others will be able to.

    post #8 of 11
    Thread Starter 
    Believe me they never and I know that because I asked them.
    post #9 of 11

    Wondering how many sprays ofPaco Rabanne - Black XSyou found satisfactory on Tuesday?

    post #10 of 11
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lppView Post

    Wondering how many sprays of
    Paco Rabanne - Black XS
    you found satisfactory on Tuesday?

    I sprayed about 5 sprays but mainly on my clothes so I kept catching whiffs of it throughout the day as I moved about. I don't really have a problem with smelling fragrances on my self, it's more that they don't seem to project very far and leave a distinct but not overwhelming presence.

    Until today. I don't know whether it's the fragrance or how I applied it but I went into Boots today and sprayed about 6 sprays of Ralph Lauren Big Pony 3 on me and 5 hours later it's still been projecting and I can smell it really strong. I sprayed behind both my ears, about two shots to my chest and the rest on my neck and it's been a real beast all day. Thank the heavens for that!
    post #11 of 11

    Just don't expect cab drivers to love you ;)

    class="

    6/14/13 at 2:20am

    Dame6 said:



    Hi i'm new to these forums but not new to the world of fragrance in general but for a while now i havent been able to explore my passion for fragrances but i can now and im back to being obsessed with them. I have a long list of fragrances that i want to buy, fragrances that i want to try and fragrances that ive tried and will never ever buy (Amougage Lyric - worst.smell.ever.). Anyway i was wondering if you knowledgeable lot could help me with this list of things i want from fragrances in general: I want to have them project to the point that when i'm standing completely still, the scent i'm wearing is emanating off me to a short radius. I dont want to stink a room out but i certainly want it to be noticeable. I want to walk past people and have my fragrance be noticeable to them but not toooo much. I want to leave a nice trail behind me. That is about it really. I dont really care about longetivity as i can always re apply later on. Right now i spray on my neck and clothes mainly but im not getting what i want from them and it's not because of the scents themself. Allure Homme Sport, Le Male, all those powerhouses. I spray about 6 sprays and i know that i dont leave too much sillage or projection. Any tips, tricks, methods would be much appreciated : )

    6/14/13 at 2:37am

    Unifex said:



    Hi there. Have you had any feedback from people around you about your fragrance projection? Our ability to smell a persistent scent attenuates very quickly and you might be projecting OK but not be aware of it.

    Some people use an unscented moisturising lotion to improve longevity. Is your skin very dry?

    I say wear what you want for yourself and let everything else go.

    Enjoy!

    6/14/13 at 4:39am

    Tony T said:



    also spraying to pulse points. wrists,elbows,etc.

    6/14/13 at 7:02am

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UnifexView Post

    Our ability to smell a persistent scent attenuates very quickly and you might be projecting OK but not be aware of it.
    Very true.

    6/14/13 at 9:37am

    Dame6 said:



    Hi yeah i've asked family and friends but they can't smell it and i come in and out of where i work and have left absolutely no sillage whatsoever. I'm sure there has to be a way to project well and have nice sillage, like a special way of applying or rubbing a certain oil or something.

    6/14/13 at 2:18pm

    deadidol said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dame6View Post
    Le Male, all those powerhouses. I spray about 6 sprays and i know that i dont leave too much sillage or projection.

    If you're seriously wearing six sprays of that stuff, then chances are you've sent people's noses into to shock and their brains have shut down olfactory pathways to protect their CNS.

    ;)

    6/14/13 at 6:06pm

    dougczar said:



    ^^^ Agree. 6 sprays of Le Male? I am quite certain people in the room are well aware of you and your fragrance - even if they don't say anything. You may not be able to smell it too much after a while, but others will be able to.

    6/15/13 at 6:18am

    Dame6 said:



    Believe me they never and I know that because I asked them.

    6/15/13 at 6:33am

    lpp said:



    Wondering how many sprays ofPaco Rabanne - Black XSyou found satisfactory on Tuesday?

    6/15/13 at 12:17pm

    Dame6 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lppView Post

    Wondering how many sprays of
    Paco Rabanne - Black XS
    you found satisfactory on Tuesday?

    I sprayed about 5 sprays but mainly on my clothes so I kept catching whiffs of it throughout the day as I moved about. I don't really have a problem with smelling fragrances on my self, it's more that they don't seem to project very far and leave a distinct but not overwhelming presence.

    Until today. I don't know whether it's the fragrance or how I applied it but I went into Boots today and sprayed about 6 sprays of Ralph Lauren Big Pony 3 on me and 5 hours later it's still been projecting and I can smell it really strong. I sprayed behind both my ears, about two shots to my chest and the rest on my neck and it's been a real beast all day. Thank the heavens for that!

    6/15/13 at 2:19pm

    lpp said:



    Just don't expect cab drivers to love you ;)





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000