Dolce and Gabbana to Jail for Tax Evasion

    Dolce and Gabbana to Jail for Tax Evasion

    post #1 of 10
    Thread Starter 

    Suspended sentence and still appealing but Maybe they can release "The One-Cell Block One" or "Light Blue and Orange Jumpsuit."

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dolce-gabbana-sentenced-jail-tax-145010339.html

    Quote:

    MILAN (Reuters) - Fashion design duo Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana were on Wednesday handed a suspended prison sentence of one year and eight months for hiding hundreds of millions of euros from the tax authorities.

    The designers, who are nearly as famous as the stars they dress, were not present in court in Milan and have denied the charges. Given the complexity and length of the appeals process, they are unlikely to spend any time in jail.

    Public prosecutor Gaetano Ruta had asked for two and a half years. The judge gave them a suspended sentence.

    A company spokesman declined to make an immediate comment.

    post #2 of 10
    They'll probably find a way to wiggle out from this.
    post #3 of 10

    If this prevents the brand from releasing more fragrances, I think the sentance will have done a great justice in more than one way.

    post #4 of 10

    If Guilty hope they get all they deserve

    post #5 of 10

    I used to love L' Amoureux from their Anthology Collection so much, it was me. Since have abandoned it-

    post #6 of 10

    they should be jailed for releasing such pitiful fragrances

    post #7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noirdrakkarView Post

    they should be jailed for releasing such pitiful fragrances
    Lol, yes!
    post #8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SurfacingView Post

    If this prevents the brand from releasing more fragrances, I think the sentance will have done a great justice in more than one way.


    thumbsup.gif and clothes and advertising, I'd add!

    post #9 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iodineView Post

    thumbsup.gif and clothes and advertising, I'd add!
    I agree that the fragrances and advertising are sub par, but their men's suits?
    post #10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicView Post

    I agree that the fragrances and advertising are sub par, but their men's suits?

    Agree. Great shoes also.
    class="

    6/19/13 at 10:37am

    ToughCool said:



    Suspended sentence and still appealing but Maybe they can release "The One-Cell Block One" or "Light Blue and Orange Jumpsuit."

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dolce-gabbana-sentenced-jail-tax-145010339.html

    Quote:

    MILAN (Reuters) - Fashion design duo Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana were on Wednesday handed a suspended prison sentence of one year and eight months for hiding hundreds of millions of euros from the tax authorities.

    The designers, who are nearly as famous as the stars they dress, were not present in court in Milan and have denied the charges. Given the complexity and length of the appeals process, they are unlikely to spend any time in jail.

    Public prosecutor Gaetano Ruta had asked for two and a half years. The judge gave them a suspended sentence.

    A company spokesman declined to make an immediate comment.

    6/19/13 at 11:22am

    hednic said:



    They'll probably find a way to wiggle out from this.

    6/19/13 at 1:28pm

    Surfacing said:



    If this prevents the brand from releasing more fragrances, I think the sentance will have done a great justice in more than one way.

    6/19/13 at 1:50pm

    mccann690 said:



    If Guilty hope they get all they deserve

    6/22/13 at 8:38pm

    blohan said:



    I used to love L' Amoureux from their Anthology Collection so much, it was me. Since have abandoned it-

    6/22/13 at 9:15pm

    noirdrakkar said:



    they should be jailed for releasing such pitiful fragrances

    6/25/13 at 11:13am

    foughare said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noirdrakkarView Post

    they should be jailed for releasing such pitiful fragrances
    Lol, yes!

    6/26/13 at 7:04am

    iodine said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SurfacingView Post

    If this prevents the brand from releasing more fragrances, I think the sentance will have done a great justice in more than one way.


    thumbsup.gif and clothes and advertising, I'd add!

    6/27/13 at 3:54am

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iodineView Post

    thumbsup.gif and clothes and advertising, I'd add!
    I agree that the fragrances and advertising are sub par, but their men's suits?

    9/6/13 at 9:03pm

    adam090273 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicView Post

    I agree that the fragrances and advertising are sub par, but their men's suits?

    Agree. Great shoes also.





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000