Hey everyone. I'm new to basenotes but not new to the world of perfumes. I would definitely classify myself as a perfume addict, although I have yet to find my "signature scent" if such a thing exists.
A few things you should know off the bat:
- I'm 20 years old but I'm not afraid to try intimidating scents.
- I absolutely adore traveling the world and my tastes in perfumes tends to reflect this (and change depending on the climate I'm at)
- I tend to gravitate towards unique and unusual scents. I adore niche perfumery... and, although I do not completely rule out commercial scents, I love using perfumes with more natural ingreds & love roll-on perfume oils.
- I tend to gravitate towards heavy white florals such as tuberose, jasmine and gardenia, which suit me fine in the winter but feel a little too heavy in summer (and I'm also getting a bit tired of constantly smelling of flowers...)
Some of my favorite perfumes (that I own) are:
- KAI roll-on perfume oil -- this smells heavenly! but again, can be heavy during the summer months (especially when in a very humid climate)
- Vamp √† NY by Honore des Pres -- I adore this! actually, this can definitely be a summer scent. it smells a bit like tanning lotion (in the best way possible) to me.† I also love this in the fall (months between Sept and Nov I used it most).
- Mechant Loup by L'Artisan Perfumer -- This is my winter love. It's one of the more unique (aka non white floral) perfumes I own. It's a sweet gourmand, and unisex, which I love. Mechant Loup competes with only one other scent (below) as my signature winter scent, which is...
- Nasomatto's Nuda -- a heady jasmine, pure and simple
The newest perfume I've purchased is Bond no 9's Sag Harbor, which is, admittedly, much fresher than I normally go for but still floral. I do like this perfume, but I would not yet classify it as a "favorite" and, sadly, it does NOT last on my skin!
Though I have amassed quite a collection, I am currently abroad in Singapore and have only a couple of scents with me right now. I am looking for a light, fruity perfume to be able to wear on the daily. It's very hot and humid here, so Nuda and Kai simply feel cloying...
There is a Sephora close to where I live and I am leaning towards Oh Lola! by Marc Jacobs.
I am NOT experienced at all with fruity/ fruit-based scents. I am looking for something unusual, wearable with stronger sillage than my bond no 9 and, of course, absolutely lovely. That's not too much to ask for, right? ;-)