Introduction

    Introduction

    post #1 of 15
    Thread Starter 

    Hello, I was sort of accused of being a troll so I thought I'd introduce myself.  I've been enjoying different colognes since I was 13, wearing Polo original, Kourous, even Drakkar Noir (I did mention I was 13), but pretty much stopped wearing when I started working in a cubicle farm and then later joined the service (strong scents were frowned upon in both, close quarters and all).  I've been a civilian for a couple of years now, and have two sons who are becoming interested in wearing cologne so I've sort of been drawn back into scent and basenotes has been an incredible reference.  With all the discussion of Aventus Creed I bought a sample and really enjoyed it so went all in with the 4 oz., and also recently started wearing Guerlain Heritage EDT.  Before these the most recent cologne purchase was about two years ago, a bottle of Set Sail St. Barts by Tommy Bahama, and before that I received a bottle of Burberry Touch as a gift.  Again, the discussion here has been amazingly informative, thanks to all and any recommendations are always welcome (I'm currently on a smoky kick, but still branching out).  Cheers!

    post #2 of 15
    Welcome to basenotes, I hope you enjoy it here. If you're looking for a smoky niche, I just recently tried Amouage Interlude Man, it's very nice in my opinion, although many don't like it a lot. Very smoky and well done.
    post #3 of 15
    Thread Starter 

    Thanks man, I'll check it out.
     

    post #4 of 15

    Welcome & enjoy the "scent"sory odyssey...

    post #5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foughare View Post

    Welcome to basenotes, I hope you enjoy it here. If you're looking for a smoky niche, I just recently tried Amouage Interlude Man, it's very nice in my opinion, although many don't like it a lot. Very smoky and well done.

     

    Another big +1 for Interlude Man, it's beautiful stuff, and as smokey as it gets. Definitely sample.

     

    Enjoy the journey... ;)

    post #6 of 15
    Welcome and enjoy your learning experience here!
    post #7 of 15

    Welcome hope you have a good experience on Bn

    post #8 of 15

    Welcome & enjoy yourself!

    post #9 of 15

    ENJOY YOUR TIME

    post #10 of 15

    Welcome. i definitely know you from somewhere, your username rings a bell.

    post #11 of 15
    Welcome and enjoy!
    post #12 of 15
    Welcome !
    post #13 of 15

    Welcome! You'll find the folks here very friendly and helpful. Egoiste is both creamy and smoky (although not niche) - wonderful stuff!

     

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

    post #14 of 15

    Welcome, Tetsuo!

     

    Plenty of smoky fun to be had around these parts!

     

    Aside from what's already been mentioned, Baque, Bois d'Ascese, and Norma Kamali Incense are all great smoky smoke scents!

    post #15 of 15
    Thread Starter 

    Thanks everyone, appreciate the welcome!

    class="

    6/24/13 at 8:17am

    tetsuo said:



    Hello, I was sort of accused of being a troll so I thought I'd introduce myself.  I've been enjoying different colognes since I was 13, wearing Polo original, Kourous, even Drakkar Noir (I did mention I was 13), but pretty much stopped wearing when I started working in a cubicle farm and then later joined the service (strong scents were frowned upon in both, close quarters and all).  I've been a civilian for a couple of years now, and have two sons who are becoming interested in wearing cologne so I've sort of been drawn back into scent and basenotes has been an incredible reference.  With all the discussion of Aventus Creed I bought a sample and really enjoyed it so went all in with the 4 oz., and also recently started wearing Guerlain Heritage EDT.  Before these the most recent cologne purchase was about two years ago, a bottle of Set Sail St. Barts by Tommy Bahama, and before that I received a bottle of Burberry Touch as a gift.  Again, the discussion here has been amazingly informative, thanks to all and any recommendations are always welcome (I'm currently on a smoky kick, but still branching out).  Cheers!

    6/24/13 at 8:33am

    foughare said:



    Welcome to basenotes, I hope you enjoy it here. If you're looking for a smoky niche, I just recently tried Amouage Interlude Man, it's very nice in my opinion, although many don't like it a lot. Very smoky and well done.

    6/24/13 at 8:35am

    tetsuo said:



    Thanks man, I'll check it out.
     

    6/24/13 at 8:40am

    badarun said:



    Welcome & enjoy the "scent"sory odyssey...

    6/24/13 at 8:46am

    Mick_Trick said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foughare View Post

    Welcome to basenotes, I hope you enjoy it here. If you're looking for a smoky niche, I just recently tried Amouage Interlude Man, it's very nice in my opinion, although many don't like it a lot. Very smoky and well done.

     

    Another big +1 for Interlude Man, it's beautiful stuff, and as smokey as it gets. Definitely sample.

     

    Enjoy the journey... ;)

    6/24/13 at 10:34am

    hednic said:



    Welcome and enjoy your learning experience here!

    6/24/13 at 10:35am

    mccann690 said:



    Welcome hope you have a good experience on Bn

    6/24/13 at 10:44am

    lpp said:



    Welcome & enjoy yourself!

    6/24/13 at 11:03am

    Tony T said:



    ENJOY YOUR TIME

    6/24/13 at 11:13am

    axmaster45 said:



    Welcome. i definitely know you from somewhere, your username rings a bell.

    6/24/13 at 11:34am

    sjg3839 said:



    Welcome and enjoy!

    6/24/13 at 12:32pm

    hedonist222 said:



    Welcome !

    6/24/13 at 8:09pm

    Gary F said:



    Welcome! You'll find the folks here very friendly and helpful. Egoiste is both creamy and smoky (although not niche) - wonderful stuff!

     

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

    6/24/13 at 9:15pm

    deadidol said:



    Welcome, Tetsuo!

     

    Plenty of smoky fun to be had around these parts!

     

    Aside from what's already been mentioned, Baque, Bois d'Ascese, and Norma Kamali Incense are all great smoky smoke scents!

    6/25/13 at 6:15am

    tetsuo said:



    Thanks everyone, appreciate the welcome!