A must have scent also notes on my collection...

    A must have scent also notes on my collection...

    post #1 of 14
    Thread Starter 

    This is my first post here and I'm a cologne lover. Been collecting colognes since I was 14, my first purchase was pleasures by lauder and been buying ever since. I have now

    Le male by JPG

    Armani code

    D&G blue andLight blue

    Chrome by Azzaro

    Aqua di Gio by Armani

    Unforgivable by Sean John

    I Am King by Sean John

    Bulgari Extreme

    L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme

    Usher

    Zirh EDT

    Nautica

    Sunset Heat Men by Escada

    I'm Sure I have plenty more but not in my room to name them all and I to know after seeing my list what you would suggest as a MUST have scent to put into my collection?

    Thanks guys

    post #2 of 14

    Polo Black, try that one for your next purchase

    post #3 of 14

    You seem to have mostly fresh, modern style perfumes. Perhaps you could check some darker, warmer things. For instance, Bulgari Black, with its fun rubber note, or, stronger, the gourmandish A*men.

    cacio

    post #4 of 14
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cacioView Post

    You seem to have mostly fresh, modern style perfumes. Perhaps you could check some darker, warmer things. For instance, Bulgari Black, with its fun rubber note, or, stronger, the gourmandish A*men.

    cacio

    I'm thinking about buying A*Men along with Bleu de Chanel and maybe the Bulgari Black to change things up a bit...I can't lie I love fresh scents as I can wear them all the time and still be noticed.

    post #5 of 14

    Certainly Alabama requires more fresh than dark perfumes. A*men in the middle of the summer could be too much. But in other seasons, sometimes fresh can get repetitive, and a little variety could help.

    cacio

    post #6 of 14
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cacioView Post

    Certainly Alabama requires more fresh than dark perfumes. A*men in the middle of the summer could be too much. But in other seasons, sometimes fresh can get repetitive, and a little variety could help.

    cacio

    Yeah from what I'm hearing that it should be good for the late summer, early fall and into winter type of fragrance here in Alabama

    post #7 of 14

    Dior Homme Intense.

    post #8 of 14
    L'Instant de Guerlain
    post #9 of 14

    Dior Homme

    Pure Havane

    post #10 of 14
    Pure Malt may be a better transition into dark scents like A*Men just because it's fruity and doesn't have that heavy tar note like the original.
    Also, why not check out the Creed Line-up, Millesime Imperial, Green Irish Tweed, Aventus, etc. They are mainly fresh but of a little higher quality than most designers.
    I think you should also try Fahrenheit, Gucci Pour Homme 2, L'Homme, and Allure Homme Edition Blanche.
    Lastly, Welcome to Basenotes!
    post #11 of 14

    1 million by paco rabanne

    post #12 of 14
    Thread Starter 

    Anyone know where I can get some samples of these as I don't want to buy blind?...

    post #13 of 14

    Welcome!!

    try out decnatshop or theperfumedcourt - heard great reviews on both from fellow BN.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lefty84View Post

    Anyone know where I can get some samples of these as I don't want to buy blind?...

    post #14 of 14

    a gourmand definitely check out the mugler series

    class="

    6/25/13 at 6:38pm

    lefty84 said:



    This is my first post here and I'm a cologne lover. Been collecting colognes since I was 14, my first purchase was pleasures by lauder and been buying ever since. I have now

    Le male by JPG

    Armani code

    D&G blue andLight blue

    Chrome by Azzaro

    Aqua di Gio by Armani

    Unforgivable by Sean John

    I Am King by Sean John

    Bulgari Extreme

    L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme

    Usher

    Zirh EDT

    Nautica

    Sunset Heat Men by Escada

    I'm Sure I have plenty more but not in my room to name them all and I to know after seeing my list what you would suggest as a MUST have scent to put into my collection?

    Thanks guys

    6/25/13 at 7:03pm

    Katana said:



    Polo Black, try that one for your next purchase

    6/25/13 at 7:06pm

    cacio said:



    You seem to have mostly fresh, modern style perfumes. Perhaps you could check some darker, warmer things. For instance, Bulgari Black, with its fun rubber note, or, stronger, the gourmandish A*men.

    cacio

    6/25/13 at 7:13pm

    lefty84 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cacioView Post

    You seem to have mostly fresh, modern style perfumes. Perhaps you could check some darker, warmer things. For instance, Bulgari Black, with its fun rubber note, or, stronger, the gourmandish A*men.

    cacio

    I'm thinking about buying A*Men along with Bleu de Chanel and maybe the Bulgari Black to change things up a bit...I can't lie I love fresh scents as I can wear them all the time and still be noticed.

    6/25/13 at 7:16pm

    cacio said:



    Certainly Alabama requires more fresh than dark perfumes. A*men in the middle of the summer could be too much. But in other seasons, sometimes fresh can get repetitive, and a little variety could help.

    cacio

    6/25/13 at 8:04pm

    lefty84 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cacioView Post

    Certainly Alabama requires more fresh than dark perfumes. A*men in the middle of the summer could be too much. But in other seasons, sometimes fresh can get repetitive, and a little variety could help.

    cacio

    Yeah from what I'm hearing that it should be good for the late summer, early fall and into winter type of fragrance here in Alabama

    6/25/13 at 8:28pm

    sjg3839 said:



    Dior Homme Intense.

    6/26/13 at 3:41am

    hednic said:



    L'Instant de Guerlain

    6/26/13 at 4:38am

    mccann690 said:



    Dior Homme

    Pure Havane

    6/26/13 at 5:11am

    foughare said:



    Pure Malt may be a better transition into dark scents like A*Men just because it's fruity and doesn't have that heavy tar note like the original.
    Also, why not check out the Creed Line-up, Millesime Imperial, Green Irish Tweed, Aventus, etc. They are mainly fresh but of a little higher quality than most designers.
    I think you should also try Fahrenheit, Gucci Pour Homme 2, L'Homme, and Allure Homme Edition Blanche.
    Lastly, Welcome to Basenotes!

    6/26/13 at 5:32am

    noirdrakkar said:



    1 million by paco rabanne

    6/26/13 at 5:49am

    lefty84 said:



    Anyone know where I can get some samples of these as I don't want to buy blind?...

    6/26/13 at 7:47am

    badarun said:



    Welcome!!

    try out decnatshop or theperfumedcourt - heard great reviews on both from fellow BN.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lefty84View Post

    Anyone know where I can get some samples of these as I don't want to buy blind?...

    7/4/13 at 3:36pm

    Tony T said:



    a gourmand definitely check out the mugler series





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000