We can't rate scents 5 stars in the new basenotes?!

    We can't rate scents 5 stars in the new basenotes?!

    post #1 of 15
    Thread Starter 
    I wrote a review of Royal Oud tonight. Without hesitation, I would rate Royal Oud 5 stars.

    It smells fantastic.
    It isn't linear.
    It's elegant, sexy yet modern and somewhat mysterious.
    Compliments? HELLOOOOOO compliments!
    Longevity? 10 hours.
    Projection? Moderate, which is how I prefer my fragrances.
    Sillage? This sucker has some of the best sillage ever. Hansel and Gretel didn't leave a trail like this thing does!

    Five stars all the way.

    If we can't rate anything with 5 stars anymore, that means the new scale is 0 to 4.5. It makes no sense. Please tell me this is just a bug that will be fixed.
    post #2 of 15

    Agree that this sounds like something worth looking at please.

    Edit: Maybe reviewers could type 'My Rating is Five Stars' or something similar at the end of reviews as a temporary measure?

    post #3 of 15

    Royal Oud is a great scent. Like you noted, it gets many compliments man. One Creed you would want to have in your arsenal.

    post #4 of 15
    Agreed, beautiful wafty fragrance, easily my favourite Creed I have tried...

    Personally I feel it's the angelica note that sets this apart, it's sweet aromatic nature works so well with the dry and spicy woods.
    post #5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc IndividuelView Post

    I wrote a review of Royal Oud tonight. Without hesitation, I would rate Royal Oud 5 stars.

    It smells fantastic.
    It isn't linear.
    It's elegant, sexy yet modern and somewhat mysterious.
    Compliments? HELLOOOOOO compliments!
    Longevity? 10 hours.
    Projection? Moderate, which is how I prefer my fragrances.
    Sillage? This sucker has some of the best sillage ever. Hansel and Gretel didn't leave a trail like this thing does!

    Five stars all the way.

    If we can't rate anything with 5 stars anymore, that means the new scale is 0 to 4.5. It makes no sense. Please tell me this is just a bug that will be fixed.
    Wow, if that is the case I find that strange indeed. Especially because all the thumbs up reviews from the old site were converted (ridiculously, I might add) to 5 star reviews. I have not attempted to give a 5 star rating to any scent I have reviewed since the site was converted as so few merit it, but it is ironic that now you *can't* give a 5 when most of the 5s that are currently on the site are incorrect due to conversion issues. Go figure...
    post #6 of 15
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mick_TrickView Post

    Agreed, beautiful wafty fragrance, easily my favourite Creed I have tried...

    Personally I feel it's the angelica note that sets this apart, it's sweet aromatic nature works so well with the dry and spicy woods.

    I've never been big on Creeds, but a few of my favorite BNers spoke so highly of Royal Oud that I decided to give it a shot, and I'm so glad I did. And yeah, what a perfect word to describe it: wafty! It doesn't seem to project much, but my god, the sillage is impressive. I almost wish I could change my username to Wafty. What a marvelous word.

    Can you recommend another masculine with an angelica note for me to sample? Or two? I'm not familiar with that note, but I have a feeling I'd like to be.
    post #7 of 15

    will sample soon

    post #8 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drseidView Post

    Wow, if that is the case I find that strange indeed. Especially because all the thumbs up reviews from the old site were converted (ridiculously, I might add) to 5 star reviews.
    You would think that this would take no special effort to incorporate.
    post #9 of 15
    Thread Starter 
    Interestingly, when I created my review for Royal Oud, I got an error message telling me I couldn't rate it 5 stars. But I was able just now to edit my posted review and change it to 5 stars, so... either this has been fixed, or that's a workaround.
    post #10 of 15

    Posting here does help things to get fixed, but thanks for the info if it's a workaround :)

    post #11 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc IndividuelView Post

    Interestingly, when I created my review for Royal Oud, I got an error message telling me I couldn't rate it 5 stars. But I was able just now to edit my posted review and change it to 5 stars, so... either this has been fixed, or that's a workaround.
    Progress maybe?
    post #12 of 15

    Yes, they can either waste precious time answering questions or just read it & deal with it is my personal take on the situation.

    So please continue to point out genuine problems, although some may take longer than others to deal with :)

    And confirming fixes must be helpful too.

    post #13 of 15
    Thread Starter 
    I just got this error again today: "Ratings must be less than 5 stars."

    Clearly, this is a bug. It needs to be fixed.
    post #14 of 15

    Oh dear, LHBI - I just edited an existing one up to 5 stars (& back down again) without any problems.

    Must be outstanding still?

    post #15 of 15

    I edited my few reviews as the star ratings looked higher than I had remembered giving them.

    They have returned to what must be the overall site average rating.

    class="

    6/28/13 at 11:28pm

    L'Homme Blanc Individuel said:



    I wrote a review of Royal Oud tonight. Without hesitation, I would rate Royal Oud 5 stars.

    It smells fantastic.
    It isn't linear.
    It's elegant, sexy yet modern and somewhat mysterious.
    Compliments? HELLOOOOOO compliments!
    Longevity? 10 hours.
    Projection? Moderate, which is how I prefer my fragrances.
    Sillage? This sucker has some of the best sillage ever. Hansel and Gretel didn't leave a trail like this thing does!

    Five stars all the way.

    If we can't rate anything with 5 stars anymore, that means the new scale is 0 to 4.5. It makes no sense. Please tell me this is just a bug that will be fixed.

    6/29/13 at 1:39am

    lpp said:



    Agree that this sounds like something worth looking at please.

    Edit: Maybe reviewers could type 'My Rating is Five Stars' or something similar at the end of reviews as a temporary measure?

    6/29/13 at 5:42am

    sjg3839 said:



    Royal Oud is a great scent. Like you noted, it gets many compliments man. One Creed you would want to have in your arsenal.

    6/29/13 at 5:55am

    Mick_Trick said:



    Agreed, beautiful wafty fragrance, easily my favourite Creed I have tried...

    Personally I feel it's the angelica note that sets this apart, it's sweet aromatic nature works so well with the dry and spicy woods.

    6/29/13 at 6:26am

    drseid said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc IndividuelView Post

    I wrote a review of Royal Oud tonight. Without hesitation, I would rate Royal Oud 5 stars.

    It smells fantastic.
    It isn't linear.
    It's elegant, sexy yet modern and somewhat mysterious.
    Compliments? HELLOOOOOO compliments!
    Longevity? 10 hours.
    Projection? Moderate, which is how I prefer my fragrances.
    Sillage? This sucker has some of the best sillage ever. Hansel and Gretel didn't leave a trail like this thing does!

    Five stars all the way.

    If we can't rate anything with 5 stars anymore, that means the new scale is 0 to 4.5. It makes no sense. Please tell me this is just a bug that will be fixed.
    Wow, if that is the case I find that strange indeed. Especially because all the thumbs up reviews from the old site were converted (ridiculously, I might add) to 5 star reviews. I have not attempted to give a 5 star rating to any scent I have reviewed since the site was converted as so few merit it, but it is ironic that now you *can't* give a 5 when most of the 5s that are currently on the site are incorrect due to conversion issues. Go figure...

    6/29/13 at 12:12pm

    L'Homme Blanc Individuel said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mick_TrickView Post

    Agreed, beautiful wafty fragrance, easily my favourite Creed I have tried...

    Personally I feel it's the angelica note that sets this apart, it's sweet aromatic nature works so well with the dry and spicy woods.

    I've never been big on Creeds, but a few of my favorite BNers spoke so highly of Royal Oud that I decided to give it a shot, and I'm so glad I did. And yeah, what a perfect word to describe it: wafty! It doesn't seem to project much, but my god, the sillage is impressive. I almost wish I could change my username to Wafty. What a marvelous word.

    Can you recommend another masculine with an angelica note for me to sample? Or two? I'm not familiar with that note, but I have a feeling I'd like to be.

    6/29/13 at 12:20pm

    Tony T said:



    will sample soon

    6/29/13 at 12:25pm

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drseidView Post

    Wow, if that is the case I find that strange indeed. Especially because all the thumbs up reviews from the old site were converted (ridiculously, I might add) to 5 star reviews.
    You would think that this would take no special effort to incorporate.

    7/1/13 at 12:06pm

    L'Homme Blanc Individuel said:



    Interestingly, when I created my review for Royal Oud, I got an error message telling me I couldn't rate it 5 stars. But I was able just now to edit my posted review and change it to 5 stars, so... either this has been fixed, or that's a workaround.

    7/1/13 at 12:16pm

    lpp said:



    Posting here does help things to get fixed, but thanks for the info if it's a workaround :)

    7/1/13 at 1:32pm

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc IndividuelView Post

    Interestingly, when I created my review for Royal Oud, I got an error message telling me I couldn't rate it 5 stars. But I was able just now to edit my posted review and change it to 5 stars, so... either this has been fixed, or that's a workaround.
    Progress maybe?

    7/1/13 at 1:42pm

    lpp said:



    Yes, they can either waste precious time answering questions or just read it & deal with it is my personal take on the situation.

    So please continue to point out genuine problems, although some may take longer than others to deal with :)

    And confirming fixes must be helpful too.

    7/22/13 at 4:38pm

    L'Homme Blanc Individuel said:



    I just got this error again today: "Ratings must be less than 5 stars."

    Clearly, this is a bug. It needs to be fixed.

    7/24/13 at 1:34am

    lpp said:



    Oh dear, LHBI - I just edited an existing one up to 5 stars (& back down again) without any problems.

    Must be outstanding still?

    7/28/13 at 11:30am

    lpp said:



    I edited my few reviews as the star ratings looked higher than I had remembered giving them.

    They have returned to what must be the overall site average rating.





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000