Amber solid perfume

    Amber solid perfume

    post #1 of 4
    Thread Starter 

    A few years back, while in Jerusalem, I bought some frankincense rocks and this weird bright orange thing (pic below). I think the sales person said it was amber perfume, but I have a bad memory. It's solid, slightly crumbly/oily, but appears to look sparkly/crystalized and is very powerful! I would say it smells like your typical strong, sweet, musky amber. Way too overwhelming for my tastes to wear as-is. Does anyone know what this actually may be? I bought it on a whim and was just curious. I may try to dilute a little piece and see if it's anything less than a punch in the face.

    post #2 of 4
    Thread Starter 
    post #3 of 4

    Not to ignore, you, my answer is: I have no clue.

    post #4 of 4

    It could just about be anything. There used to be a base called Ambre 83 which was a solid, similar to your photo, but it wasn't bright orange. Found in the original Lagerfeld for Men; smells like Ambre Sultan. It contained Vanillin, Heliotropin, Musk Xylene, Cinnamic Alcohol, Patchouli and, I think, Coumarin.

    class="

    6/29/13 at 4:58pm

    pelicanesque said:



    A few years back, while in Jerusalem, I bought some frankincense rocks and this weird bright orange thing (pic below). I think the sales person said it was amber perfume, but I have a bad memory. It's solid, slightly crumbly/oily, but appears to look sparkly/crystalized and is very powerful! I would say it smells like your typical strong, sweet, musky amber. Way too overwhelming for my tastes to wear as-is. Does anyone know what this actually may be? I bought it on a whim and was just curious. I may try to dilute a little piece and see if it's anything less than a punch in the face.

    6/29/13 at 5:27pm

    pelicanesque said:



    6/29/13 at 9:14pm

    pkiler said:



    Not to ignore, you, my answer is: I have no clue.

    6/30/13 at 1:16am

    David Ruskin said:



    It could just about be anything. There used to be a base called Ambre 83 which was a solid, similar to your photo, but it wasn't bright orange. Found in the original Lagerfeld for Men; smells like Ambre Sultan. It contained Vanillin, Heliotropin, Musk Xylene, Cinnamic Alcohol, Patchouli and, I think, Coumarin.





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000