Dulcis in Fundo help please ?

    Dulcis in Fundo help please ?

    post #1 of 7
    Thread Starter 
    Hi I'm new here but not totally new to perfume I am a member of fragrantica too.
    I blind buy most of my perfume and that's the reason I have this question I hope someone can help me with . I bought profumum dulcis in fundo having read on most reviews it's a sweet orange vanilla cake/ ice cream scent . My problem is after the first 10 mins of lovely sweet orange / citrus I'm getting a bitter herbal smell . Has anyone else come across this ? Thanks
    post #2 of 7
    Although I don't own this scent, I have tried it on a few occasions. Haven't had this experience of which you speak personally.
    post #3 of 7
    Thread Starter 
    Hi hednic thanks for replying , this is my problem I have yet to come across anyone who has experienced it as I have . I did try the perfume on husband, sister & niece and was the same on them so that rules out it being a problem with my skin chemistry. I'm clutching at straws and hoping maybe its better worn in winter
    post #4 of 7

    I hae not smelled it. However, bad batches do happen. Perhaps you can contact the seller and ask.

    cacio

    post #5 of 7

    sounds like reformulation

    post #6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cacioView Post

    Perhaps you can contact the seller and ask.

    cacio
    Agree. It's worth asking.
    post #7 of 7
    Thread Starter 
    Well I bought it from a seller or eBay whom I had bought from before with no problems he sold me 60 ml of the 100 ml bottle I got the bottle in the box with all the bits and pieces . I did ask him about it he mentioned amber and cedar notes I could be smelling ? I hadn't been aware of those notes in the perfume
    It has crossed my mind buyer beware buying in eBay etc but as I've said the other perfume was perfect
    class="

    6/30/13 at 6:05am

    cassia said:



    Hi I'm new here but not totally new to perfume I am a member of fragrantica too.
    I blind buy most of my perfume and that's the reason I have this question I hope someone can help me with . I bought profumum dulcis in fundo having read on most reviews it's a sweet orange vanilla cake/ ice cream scent . My problem is after the first 10 mins of lovely sweet orange / citrus I'm getting a bitter herbal smell . Has anyone else come across this ? Thanks

    6/30/13 at 6:37am

    hednic said:



    Although I don't own this scent, I have tried it on a few occasions. Haven't had this experience of which you speak personally.

    6/30/13 at 7:04am

    cassia said:



    Hi hednic thanks for replying , this is my problem I have yet to come across anyone who has experienced it as I have . I did try the perfume on husband, sister & niece and was the same on them so that rules out it being a problem with my skin chemistry. I'm clutching at straws and hoping maybe its better worn in winter

    6/30/13 at 8:39am

    cacio said:



    I hae not smelled it. However, bad batches do happen. Perhaps you can contact the seller and ask.

    cacio

    6/30/13 at 8:58am

    Tony T said:



    sounds like reformulation

    6/30/13 at 9:09am

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cacioView Post

    Perhaps you can contact the seller and ask.

    cacio
    Agree. It's worth asking.

    6/30/13 at 9:41am

    cassia said:



    Well I bought it from a seller or eBay whom I had bought from before with no problems he sold me 60 ml of the 100 ml bottle I got the bottle in the box with all the bits and pieces . I did ask him about it he mentioned amber and cedar notes I could be smelling ? I hadn't been aware of those notes in the perfume
    It has crossed my mind buyer beware buying in eBay etc but as I've said the other perfume was perfect





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000