How to use splash bottle?

    How to use splash bottle?

    post #1 of 10
    Thread Starter 

    I've been having a hard time finding some sort of tutorial or forum on how to properly use a splash bottle cologne. Frgrancenet had a great sale on an unboxed Mugler Cologne. Unfortunately, I did not know it would be the splash variation.

     

    Sprays are one thing, but just how much am I supposed to "splash" into my hand? I've gone with about three drops, and my mom said she couldn't even smell it on my neck after I rubbed it in, though she could on my wrists/hands.

     

    Right now, my main Summer Scent is Live Jazz. Spray twice on neck, and once on chest usually. Finding that a bit hard to do with a splash bottle.

    post #2 of 10

    The way I did it was i covered the top of the bottle with my thumb with some clearance and just shake it wherever i want to apply it

    post #3 of 10
    I use a straw inset into bottle hold thumb over the top of straw and Voila! You can regulate how much via amount in the straw.
    post #4 of 10
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by euge View Post

    The way I did it was i covered the top of the bottle with my thumb with some clearance and just shake it wherever i want to apply it

     

    What do you mean by "some clearance"?

    post #5 of 10

    Sorry for not clarifying, I mean that I would not cover it entirely with my thumb, but only a little so some juice can come out

    post #6 of 10
    Thread Starter 

    Ah okay. So you don't rub it through your hands? Just put it on your thumb and dab it on your neck and wrists?

    post #7 of 10

    That works also, but the stuff has a weak concentration so I feel if i actually "splash" it onto my neck with my thumb covering about half of the hole works great. (atleast for me)

    post #8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by euge View Post

    That works also, but the stuff has a weak concentration so I feel if i actually "splash" it onto my neck with my thumb covering about half of the hole works great. (atleast for me)
    This method works fine for me too although it's been a long while since I used a splash
    post #9 of 10

    I decant mine into a atomiser
     

    post #10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mccann690 View Post

    I decant mine into a atomiser
     

    This

    class="

    6/30/13 at 10:32pm

    mmoon24 said:



    I've been having a hard time finding some sort of tutorial or forum on how to properly use a splash bottle cologne. Frgrancenet had a great sale on an unboxed Mugler Cologne. Unfortunately, I did not know it would be the splash variation.

     

    Sprays are one thing, but just how much am I supposed to "splash" into my hand? I've gone with about three drops, and my mom said she couldn't even smell it on my neck after I rubbed it in, though she could on my wrists/hands.

     

    Right now, my main Summer Scent is Live Jazz. Spray twice on neck, and once on chest usually. Finding that a bit hard to do with a splash bottle.

    6/30/13 at 10:41pm

    euge said:



    The way I did it was i covered the top of the bottle with my thumb with some clearance and just shake it wherever i want to apply it

    6/30/13 at 10:48pm

    Xscent said:



    I use a straw inset into bottle hold thumb over the top of straw and Voila! You can regulate how much via amount in the straw.

    6/30/13 at 10:52pm

    mmoon24 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by euge View Post

    The way I did it was i covered the top of the bottle with my thumb with some clearance and just shake it wherever i want to apply it

     

    What do you mean by "some clearance"?

    6/30/13 at 11:01pm

    euge said:



    Sorry for not clarifying, I mean that I would not cover it entirely with my thumb, but only a little so some juice can come out

    6/30/13 at 11:06pm

    mmoon24 said:



    Ah okay. So you don't rub it through your hands? Just put it on your thumb and dab it on your neck and wrists?

    6/30/13 at 11:21pm

    euge said:



    That works also, but the stuff has a weak concentration so I feel if i actually "splash" it onto my neck with my thumb covering about half of the hole works great. (atleast for me)

    7/1/13 at 3:32am

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by euge View Post

    That works also, but the stuff has a weak concentration so I feel if i actually "splash" it onto my neck with my thumb covering about half of the hole works great. (atleast for me)
    This method works fine for me too although it's been a long while since I used a splash

    7/1/13 at 3:38am

    mccann690 said:



    I decant mine into a atomiser
     

    7/1/13 at 9:26am

    sjg3839 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mccann690 View Post

    I decant mine into a atomiser
     

    This