fragrance to match description

    fragrance to match description

    post #1 of 10
    Thread Starter 

    A niche fragrance for a man that doesn't smell like a man who is wearing cologne, but rather just a man who naturally smells good. Perhaps clean, but masculine at the same time. Subtle, but sure.

    post #2 of 10
    I've heard that Molecule 01 is like this. I can't smell it at all, though!

    Or maybe TF Noir. It's warm and easygoing to me.

    Edit: sorry, just realized you said niche. That's harder...
    post #3 of 10
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KageyView Post

    I've heard that Molecule 01 is like this. I can't smell it at all, though!

    same

    post #4 of 10

    not sure if that exist in niche

    post #5 of 10

    Perhaps a white musk that smells between clean and dirty, but leaning towards the clean. There used to be Musc Samarkand by Les Nereides, but I think it has been discontinued. I once tried the expensive le labo musk (LA exclusive) and I remember something of the sort, but am not sure.

    Of course many people find Muscs Koublai Khan both natural and smelling good ...

    cacio

    post #6 of 10
    Steel Water by M Micallef
    post #7 of 10

    you may want to try a nice soap for times you just want to smell "nice", seriously, IMO the Shea Moisture brand puts out some REALLY nice fairly long lasting soaps that are also good for the skin - here are two of my faves the first one is lovely with a nice frankincense and myrrh scent and the other is cocoa butter, shea butter and mango and also smells divine

    Copyright Yahoo! Inc

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

    post #8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatanaView Post

    you may want to try a nice soap for times you just want to smell "nice", seriously, IMO the Shea Moisture brand puts out some REALLY nice fairly long lasting soaps that are also good for the skin - here are two of my faves the first one is lovely with a nice frankincense and myrrh scent and the other is cocoa butter, shea butter and mango and also smells divine

    Copyright Yahoo! Inc

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

    My girlfriend loves the three butters one. It is rather nice.

    post #9 of 10

    Diptyque – L'Eau de L'Eau
    Les Nez – L'Antimatière came into my mind when reading cacio's thoughts on musk
    Bluff by Lubin
    Noir Marine by Phaedon
    Ambre Gris by Balmain on the soft-soapy side
    How about a light vetiver? Like Infusion de Vétiver by Prada.

    Just some associations from my memory. But maybe my idea of „clean” doesn't match yours (as I am the old-european phenotype, you know).

    post #10 of 10

    Mugler Cologne.

    class="

    7/1/13 at 12:25pm

    noirdrakkar said:



    A niche fragrance for a man that doesn't smell like a man who is wearing cologne, but rather just a man who naturally smells good. Perhaps clean, but masculine at the same time. Subtle, but sure.

    7/1/13 at 1:48pm

    Kagey said:



    I've heard that Molecule 01 is like this. I can't smell it at all, though!

    Or maybe TF Noir. It's warm and easygoing to me.

    Edit: sorry, just realized you said niche. That's harder...

    7/1/13 at 1:50pm

    noirdrakkar said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KageyView Post

    I've heard that Molecule 01 is like this. I can't smell it at all, though!

    same

    7/1/13 at 2:01pm

    Tony T said:



    not sure if that exist in niche

    7/1/13 at 2:21pm

    cacio said:



    Perhaps a white musk that smells between clean and dirty, but leaning towards the clean. There used to be Musc Samarkand by Les Nereides, but I think it has been discontinued. I once tried the expensive le labo musk (LA exclusive) and I remember something of the sort, but am not sure.

    Of course many people find Muscs Koublai Khan both natural and smelling good ...

    cacio

    7/1/13 at 2:33pm

    hednic said:



    Steel Water by M Micallef

    7/1/13 at 2:37pm

    Katana said:



    you may want to try a nice soap for times you just want to smell "nice", seriously, IMO the Shea Moisture brand puts out some REALLY nice fairly long lasting soaps that are also good for the skin - here are two of my faves the first one is lovely with a nice frankincense and myrrh scent and the other is cocoa butter, shea butter and mango and also smells divine

    Copyright Yahoo! Inc

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

    7/1/13 at 2:46pm

    juanderer said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatanaView Post

    you may want to try a nice soap for times you just want to smell "nice", seriously, IMO the Shea Moisture brand puts out some REALLY nice fairly long lasting soaps that are also good for the skin - here are two of my faves the first one is lovely with a nice frankincense and myrrh scent and the other is cocoa butter, shea butter and mango and also smells divine

    Copyright Yahoo! Inc

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

    My girlfriend loves the three butters one. It is rather nice.

    7/1/13 at 3:05pm

    Graphite said:



    Diptyque – L'Eau de L'Eau
    Les Nez – L'Antimatière came into my mind when reading cacio's thoughts on musk
    Bluff by Lubin
    Noir Marine by Phaedon
    Ambre Gris by Balmain on the soft-soapy side
    How about a light vetiver? Like Infusion de Vétiver by Prada.

    Just some associations from my memory. But maybe my idea of „clean” doesn't match yours (as I am the old-european phenotype, you know).

    7/1/13 at 3:35pm

    sjg3839 said:



    Mugler Cologne.