Inspired or cursed :)

    Inspired or cursed :)

    post #1 of 13
    Thread Starter 

    You all have inspired me, or perhaps cursed me. From perfume course, here are the samples place just one hour ago. All of these were based upon reviews from here, plus my fact that two of my current, newbie favorites are TF Noir de Noir and TF Extreme.

    Thought this would serve as my hell post. College professor from the Pacific NorthWest, late forties, and just getting into (and trying not to obsesses about) the joys of frangrance.


    1 Nasomatto Black Afgano
    Unshipped
    1 Yves Saint Laurent Kouros EDT
    Unshipped
    1 Yves St. Laurent M7
    Unshipped
    1 Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Parfum
    Unshipped
    1 Montale Dark Aoud EDP
    Unshipped
    0
    1 Tom Ford Private Blend Tobacco Vanille
    Unshipped
    1 Creed Bois du Portugal
    Unshipped
    1 Tom Ford Private Blend Tuscan Leather
    Unshipped
    1 Tom Ford Private Blend Oud Wood
    Unshipped
    post #2 of 13

    Welcome aboard and enjoy those samples when you receive them. Andgood luck on thejourney exploring the many different scents you will come acrossin the future.

    post #3 of 13
    Welcome to you and has Jack has said, enjoy your acquisitions!
    post #4 of 13

    Welcome!!!

    You are blessed - you'll find many "scent-gasms" from now on...

    but,
    Your wallet's cursed...

    Good selection on the samples - enjoy them.

    post #5 of 13
    Welcome! You made some great selections!
    post #6 of 13

    you will enjoy them and hopefully get some FB's!!!

    post #7 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by badarunView Post

    you'll find many "scent-gasms" from now on...
    LOL!
    post #8 of 13

    Welcome. Impressive choices indeed, very tasteful and very diversified too- it surely comes pretty close to the definition of one (at least fragrant) inspiration, even blessing to me.

    post #9 of 13

    Welcome! You'll enjoy the journey and this site as well.

    post #10 of 13
    Nice start! Welcome, you're in good company with the blessed and cursed smile.gif
    post #11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichNTacomaView Post

    just getting into (and trying not to obsesses about[\B]) the joys of frangrance.

    Pipe dream. Goodbye disposable income.

    Welcome to the community!
    post #12 of 13

    Get ready for a long trip!

    post #13 of 13
    Thread Starter 

    Thanks for the nice welcome. I have been lurking here for about a year. As many of you have implied, it is perhaps fanciful thinking that I can "control" this. It reminds me of my decade long single malt hobby!

    The scents above are one's that I am curious about. I also added Yatagan; I wanted to try a few that I would find a bit challenging.

    Kouros I am especially excited about trying (again). I had a a bottle from my junior year of high school (1982) through college. I know that it is a different formulation, but I am curious to see if it triggers any memories from "days of yor."

    class="

    7/4/13 at 4:43pm

    RichNTacoma said:



    You all have inspired me, or perhaps cursed me. From perfume course, here are the samples place just one hour ago. All of these were based upon reviews from here, plus my fact that two of my current, newbie favorites are TF Noir de Noir and TF Extreme.

    Thought this would serve as my hell post. College professor from the Pacific NorthWest, late forties, and just getting into (and trying not to obsesses about) the joys of frangrance.


    1 Nasomatto Black Afgano
    Unshipped
    1 Yves Saint Laurent Kouros EDT
    Unshipped
    1 Yves St. Laurent M7
    Unshipped
    1 Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Parfum
    Unshipped
    1 Montale Dark Aoud EDP
    Unshipped
    0
    1 Tom Ford Private Blend Tobacco Vanille
    Unshipped
    1 Creed Bois du Portugal
    Unshipped
    1 Tom Ford Private Blend Tuscan Leather
    Unshipped
    1 Tom Ford Private Blend Oud Wood
    Unshipped

    7/4/13 at 5:22pm

    Jack Hunter said:



    Welcome aboard and enjoy those samples when you receive them. Andgood luck on thejourney exploring the many different scents you will come acrossin the future.

    7/4/13 at 6:10pm

    hednic said:



    Welcome to you and has Jack has said, enjoy your acquisitions!

    7/4/13 at 9:31pm

    badarun said:



    Welcome!!!

    You are blessed - you'll find many "scent-gasms" from now on...

    but,
    Your wallet's cursed...

    Good selection on the samples - enjoy them.

    7/5/13 at 12:22pm

    BRM85282 said:



    Welcome! You made some great selections!

    7/5/13 at 12:34pm

    Tony T said:



    you will enjoy them and hopefully get some FB's!!!

    7/5/13 at 1:07pm

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by badarunView Post

    you'll find many "scent-gasms" from now on...
    LOL!

    7/5/13 at 1:54pm

    Ken_Russell said:



    Welcome. Impressive choices indeed, very tasteful and very diversified too- it surely comes pretty close to the definition of one (at least fragrant) inspiration, even blessing to me.

    7/5/13 at 3:56pm

    Gary F said:



    Welcome! You'll enjoy the journey and this site as well.

    7/5/13 at 4:47pm

    L'eaulita said:



    Nice start! Welcome, you're in good company with the blessed and cursed smile.gif

    7/5/13 at 7:07pm

    chili_willi said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichNTacomaView Post

    just getting into (and trying not to obsesses about[\B]) the joys of frangrance.

    Pipe dream. Goodbye disposable income.

    Welcome to the community!

    7/5/13 at 7:11pm

    sjg3839 said:



    Get ready for a long trip!

    7/5/13 at 10:32pm

    RichNTacoma said:



    Thanks for the nice welcome. I have been lurking here for about a year. As many of you have implied, it is perhaps fanciful thinking that I can "control" this. It reminds me of my decade long single malt hobby!

    The scents above are one's that I am curious about. I also added Yatagan; I wanted to try a few that I would find a bit challenging.

    Kouros I am especially excited about trying (again). I had a a bottle from my junior year of high school (1982) through college. I know that it is a different formulation, but I am curious to see if it triggers any memories from "days of yor."





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000