I have been bit by the fragrance bug.
Until a few months ago, I spent 15 years with Aqua Di Gio.
And then...I decided to try something new. And I discovered Basenotes.
60+ samples later and the search has narrowed and deepened.
You guys are awesome. Knowledgeable and generous with the insights.
What I have learned:
1. I need more than 1 scent.
2. I like Aquas. Along those lines I tried
Chanel Egoiste Platinum, Gucci by Gucci, Chanel The One Sport, MFK Aqua Universalis, Miyake Leau Dissey, APOM, Zegna Zegna. They seemed sweet to me.
I went with Chanel Allure Homme Sport as my daily work scent
|I want to try|
|Aqua di Gio Essenza|
|Aqua di Parma Colonia|
3. I like Vetivers. I tried Diptyque Vetyvero, Creed Original Vetiver, Tom Ford Vetiver, Artelier Vetiver Fatal, Guerlain Vetiver, Jo Malone Vetyver, & Olfactive Studios Flashback. Liked them all. Liked the citrusy element in the Vetiver Fatal. I want to try
|Hermes Vetiver Tonka|
|encre noir, vetyver loccitane, Vetiver Extraordinaire and Sel de Vetiver|
4. I like Citrus. I like Jo Malone's Orange Blossom (more honeysuckle than orange to me), Tom Ford Neroli, Hermes Eau de Orange Concentrate and regular. And Bulgari Man Extreme (smells citrusy to me)
5. I like some weird fragrances. YSL Gingember, Jo Malone Blackberry, Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise, Jo Malone Nutmeg & Ginger, Jo Malone Mint & Jasmine, Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe, & L'artisan Caligna
6. Most importantly, I learned what I don't like. No tobacco, thx. No soapy smells. And so on, and so on.
And I have everyone here to thank. I had no idea there were so many possibilities. As I explore my likes, I have come to rely on everyone's ideas. It's like saying that I like chocolate cake and discovering that there are endless types of textures, flavors and adders.
Again, I thank you all. And I look forward to learning from you and your insights.