Who needs more than 4.2 oz (125 ml) of one scent?

    Who needs more than 4.2 oz (125 ml) of one scent?

    post #1 of 63
    Thread Starter 

    of course unless it's your fav which then I understand. I have 4 bottles of certain frag's. i'm talking about the 6.7 oz CK Line. the Hugo boss 5 oz bottle.Creed's 8.4 oz fLACON? REALLY??

    post #2 of 63

    Great for splits, no?

    post #3 of 63

    Apart from owning more of my favorites, I also feel more ensured against discontinuation, limited availability or low supplies, even if the fragrances I like to hoard are not all favorites.  

    post #4 of 63
    200ml Sycomore, yes definitely...
    post #5 of 63
    Thread Starter 

    EVEN CHANEL OFFERS their exclusive line now at 75ml. they realized 200ml is insane!!

    post #6 of 63

    I always buy the 250 ml Diors just because they are a pain to come by.

    post #7 of 63
    Thread Starter 

    I have the 3 ck's and think I will be selling them. decanting them sounds like a possibility. I also have the YSL libre 200ml

    post #8 of 63

    Well considering that a 5.0 oz is like 10 bucks more then a 3.3 its deff pretty tempting.. Im thinking about buying a 5.0 oz of channel allure sport and D&G the one next time I need new bottles of those.

     

    Although personally for something like creed boy thats way scary. Already have enough batch issues with there stuff, and then supposedly since they have natural ingrediants their stuff can actually go sour. And I just have way to much cologne that I rotate through to use their stuff that fast.

    post #9 of 63
    200ml is usually the largest I will purchase of any scent if offered.
    post #10 of 63
    I got a 500ml splash botlle of CdG Vettiveru, Anbar, and Citrico. For these slash cologne, I use it much quicker than I anticipated. I do also own several 200ml Chanel exclusives because I love them very much.
    post #11 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post

    I got a 500ml splash botlle of CdG Vettiveru, Anbar, and Citrico. For these slash cologne, I use it much quicker than I anticipated.
    Do you ever feel that when you splash it on that you are wasting more than you would like? Just curious.
    post #12 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednic View Post

    Do you ever feel that when you splash it on that you are wasting more than you would like?.

    Initially yes, but the price to volume ratio is so low that I don't mind. I do also enjoy the splash on feel of it. On the other hand, the sooner I finish the bottle , the sooner I can shop for another one.
    post #13 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post

    Initially yes, but the price to volume ratio is so low that I don't mind. I do also enjoy the splash on feel of it. On the other hand, the sooner I finish the bottle , the sooner I can shop for another one.
    Point taken.
    post #14 of 63

    People with huge necks and torsos since they will inevitably have to spray more.

    post #15 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post

    People with huge necks and torsos since they will inevitably have to spray more.
    There you go!
    post #16 of 63
    Thread Starter 

    good 1 DUKE

    post #17 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post

    People with huge necks and torsos since they will inevitably have to spray more.

     

    Yes, some of these larger flacons should come with a paint sprayer attachment for the "well rounded" individuals

    post #18 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post

    I also feel more ensured against discontinuation, limited availability or low supplies
    I think many people feel this way too.
    post #19 of 63

    7/7/13 at 1:29pm

    Tony T said:



    of course unless it's your fav which then I understand. I have 4 bottles of certain frag's. i'm talking about the 6.7 oz CK Line. the Hugo boss 5 oz bottle.Creed's 8.4 oz fLACON? REALLY??

    7/7/13 at 1:33pm

    RichNTacoma said:



    Great for splits, no?

    7/7/13 at 1:35pm

    Ken_Russell said:



    Apart from owning more of my favorites, I also feel more ensured against discontinuation, limited availability or low supplies, even if the fragrances I like to hoard are not all favorites.  

    7/7/13 at 1:38pm

    Mick_Trick said:



    200ml Sycomore, yes definitely...

    7/7/13 at 1:40pm

    Tony T said:



    EVEN CHANEL OFFERS their exclusive line now at 75ml. they realized 200ml is insane!!

    7/7/13 at 1:40pm

    gilesjp said:



    I always buy the 250 ml Diors just because they are a pain to come by.

    7/7/13 at 1:49pm

    Tony T said:



    I have the 3 ck's and think I will be selling them. decanting them sounds like a possibility. I also have the YSL libre 200ml

    7/7/13 at 3:33pm

    seekritdude said:



    Well considering that a 5.0 oz is like 10 bucks more then a 3.3 its deff pretty tempting.. Im thinking about buying a 5.0 oz of channel allure sport and D&G the one next time I need new bottles of those.

     

    Although personally for something like creed boy thats way scary. Already have enough batch issues with there stuff, and then supposedly since they have natural ingrediants their stuff can actually go sour. And I just have way to much cologne that I rotate through to use their stuff that fast.

    7/7/13 at 3:44pm

    hednic said:



    200ml is usually the largest I will purchase of any scent if offered.

    7/7/13 at 4:20pm

    CapriDog said:



    I got a 500ml splash botlle of CdG Vettiveru, Anbar, and Citrico. For these slash cologne, I use it much quicker than I anticipated. I do also own several 200ml Chanel exclusives because I love them very much.

    7/7/13 at 5:10pm

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post

    I got a 500ml splash botlle of CdG Vettiveru, Anbar, and Citrico. For these slash cologne, I use it much quicker than I anticipated.
    Do you ever feel that when you splash it on that you are wasting more than you would like? Just curious.

    7/7/13 at 5:47pm

    CapriDog said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednic View Post

    Do you ever feel that when you splash it on that you are wasting more than you would like?.

    Initially yes, but the price to volume ratio is so low that I don't mind. I do also enjoy the splash on feel of it. On the other hand, the sooner I finish the bottle , the sooner I can shop for another one.

    7/7/13 at 5:58pm

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post

    Initially yes, but the price to volume ratio is so low that I don't mind. I do also enjoy the splash on feel of it. On the other hand, the sooner I finish the bottle , the sooner I can shop for another one.
    Point taken.

    7/7/13 at 6:07pm

    Duke Hunt said:



    People with huge necks and torsos since they will inevitably have to spray more.

    7/7/13 at 6:11pm

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post

    People with huge necks and torsos since they will inevitably have to spray more.
    There you go!

    7/7/13 at 6:25pm

    Tony T said:



    good 1 DUKE

    7/7/13 at 6:29pm

    dougczar said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post

    People with huge necks and torsos since they will inevitably have to spray more.

     

    Yes, some of these larger flacons should come with a paint sprayer attachment for the "well rounded" individuals

    7/7/13 at 6:32pm

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post

    I also feel more ensured against discontinuation, limited availability or low supplies
    I think many people feel this way too.