Creme de la Mer

    Creme de la Mer

    post #1 of 5
    Thread Starter 

    Not really sure which forum to ask this, so hope this is good here.

    Does anyone here use this cream at all in any way? I'm specifically referring to the moisturiser cream(s) in this case. I just wanted an opinion on its effectiveness and use by the group here in general, specifically gentlemen.

    Do you use it as an after shave, a moisturiser and so one?

    Appreciate your responses!

    post #2 of 5

    Never actually used it. But have read that the formula was dumped down by Estee Lauder when they bought the company.

    Many on beauty boards actually say the original Nivea in the blue pot(but has to be the version made in Germany), is very similar.

    It will be a thick textured cream unless you buy the lotion.

    It is a facial moisturizer and not an aftershave, so you use is after cleansing and shaving wait for it to sink in and then appear aftershave.

    post #3 of 5
    Thread Starter 

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donna255View Post

    Never actually used it. But have read that the formula was dumped down by Estee Lauder when they bought the company.

    Many on beauty boards actually say the original Nivea in the blue pot(but has to be the version made in Germany), is very similar.

    Hmmm.... seems like good value for money then at nearly 200 for 100ml!!

    post #4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rumView Post

    Does anyone here use this cream at all in any way? I'm specifically referring to the moisturiser cream(s) in this case. I just wanted an opinion on its effectiveness and use by the group here in general, specifically gentlemen.

    Best cream on the market, Period! I also use the La Mer Cleansing fluid. It's the best. The cream was developed by first healing burns, originally. So yes, it can be used to temper irritation from shaving. I use the original as a moisturizer. My friends with very oily skin use the Le Mer Gel, instead of the cream.

    post #5 of 5
    Thread Starter 

    Thanks for the response!! Time to try my sample!!

    class="

    7/8/13 at 2:40am

    rum said:



    Not really sure which forum to ask this, so hope this is good here.

    Does anyone here use this cream at all in any way? I'm specifically referring to the moisturiser cream(s) in this case. I just wanted an opinion on its effectiveness and use by the group here in general, specifically gentlemen.

    Do you use it as an after shave, a moisturiser and so one?

    Appreciate your responses!

    7/8/13 at 8:30am

    donna255 said:



    Never actually used it. But have read that the formula was dumped down by Estee Lauder when they bought the company.

    Many on beauty boards actually say the original Nivea in the blue pot(but has to be the version made in Germany), is very similar.

    It will be a thick textured cream unless you buy the lotion.

    It is a facial moisturizer and not an aftershave, so you use is after cleansing and shaving wait for it to sink in and then appear aftershave.

    7/9/13 at 6:01am

    rum said:




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donna255View Post

    Never actually used it. But have read that the formula was dumped down by Estee Lauder when they bought the company.

    Many on beauty boards actually say the original Nivea in the blue pot(but has to be the version made in Germany), is very similar.

    Hmmm.... seems like good value for money then at nearly 200 for 100ml!!

    7/10/13 at 5:37pm

    NineInchNell said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rumView Post

    Does anyone here use this cream at all in any way? I'm specifically referring to the moisturiser cream(s) in this case. I just wanted an opinion on its effectiveness and use by the group here in general, specifically gentlemen.

    Best cream on the market, Period! I also use the La Mer Cleansing fluid. It's the best. The cream was developed by first healing burns, originally. So yes, it can be used to temper irritation from shaving. I use the original as a moisturizer. My friends with very oily skin use the Le Mer Gel, instead of the cream.

    7/11/13 at 7:51am

    rum said:



    Thanks for the response!! Time to try my sample!!