How well do Atomizers really perform?

    How well do Atomizers really perform?

    post #1 of 7
    Thread Starter 

    Just wanted to know if an atomizer performs as well as a normal cologne spritzer and delivers the same effect?

    post #2 of 7
    Also something I've been curious about!
    post #3 of 7
    Depends.
    I've used 30 or 40 different generic atomizers.

    Like perfume brands, atomizer sprays differ as well.

    Some are wide, spurt, spray a lot or feel misty.
    post #4 of 7

    As hedonist was saying, they come in all sizes and types, so one cannot generalize. Most atomizers found in regular stores tend to be of the wide type, though, so one has usually to order them from specialized perfumery sites.

    cacio

    post #5 of 7
    I agree with the above- and also thought I would add to choose glass and not plastic, as long term, the plastic may deteriorate the scent itself.
    post #6 of 7

    I have used plastic atomizers for several years without an issue. to the point I have reused them full of different scents with no issues

    post #7 of 7
    Use a plastic atomizer for all my frags...5 ml size has a monster spray. Pays to decant some this way because frags like Burberry London and Thierry Mulgler flankers have sprayers that are suspect.
    class="

    7/12/13 at 11:18pm

    Steppero said:



    Just wanted to know if an atomizer performs as well as a normal cologne spritzer and delivers the same effect?

    7/12/13 at 11:21pm

    BeyondTheBox said:



    Also something I've been curious about!

    7/13/13 at 6:36am

    hedonist222 said:



    Depends.
    I've used 30 or 40 different generic atomizers.

    Like perfume brands, atomizer sprays differ as well.

    Some are wide, spurt, spray a lot or feel misty.

    7/13/13 at 9:31am

    cacio said:



    As hedonist was saying, they come in all sizes and types, so one cannot generalize. Most atomizers found in regular stores tend to be of the wide type, though, so one has usually to order them from specialized perfumery sites.

    cacio

    7/14/13 at 2:40am

    L'eaulita said:



    I agree with the above- and also thought I would add to choose glass and not plastic, as long term, the plastic may deteriorate the scent itself.

    7/14/13 at 8:16am

    Tony T said:



    I have used plastic atomizers for several years without an issue. to the point I have reused them full of different scents with no issues

    7/14/13 at 8:52am

    Navyy8 said:



    Use a plastic atomizer for all my frags...5 ml size has a monster spray. Pays to decant some this way because frags like Burberry London and Thierry Mulgler flankers have sprayers that are suspect.





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000