Powdery ketone

    Powdery ketone

    post #1 of 5
    Thread Starter 
    Powdery ketone or "ethone" (CAS number 104-27-8) Does anyone have any experience with this one? Found this one while poking around the tgsc website. I am looking for a dry, powdery effect, but not really baby powdery, more dry/masculine; the description on tgsc looks right, but any direct experience with this one would be helpful (second problem will be sourcing it I imagine...)
    post #2 of 5

    Never heard of it, probably harder to come by since IFRA Hates it:

     

    IFRA Critical Effect : Sensitization
    IFRA : View Standard
    Recommendation for powdery ketone fragrance usage levels up to :
      PROHIBITED : Should not be used as a fragrance ingredient.
    post #3 of 5
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pkiler View Post

     "IFRA Hates it"

     

    Hmmm. Just makes me want it more.

     

    Interestingly Methyl Diantilis is also called "Dianthus Ethone", although I suppose this means nothing chemically (?)

    post #4 of 5

    If it is prohibited, I wonder then what Malle uses in Iris Poudre?

    post #5 of 5
    Thread Starter 

    "what Malle uses in Iris Poudre?"

     

    Probably some ionones: gamma methyl or beta or alpha white coeur, some aldehydes and possibly benzoin. Or some such. Many ways to make something powdery.
     

    class="

    7/14/13 at 8:59am

    gecko214 said:



    Powdery ketone or "ethone" (CAS number 104-27-8) Does anyone have any experience with this one? Found this one while poking around the tgsc website. I am looking for a dry, powdery effect, but not really baby powdery, more dry/masculine; the description on tgsc looks right, but any direct experience with this one would be helpful (second problem will be sourcing it I imagine...)

    7/14/13 at 2:46pm

    pkiler said:



    Never heard of it, probably harder to come by since IFRA Hates it:

     

    IFRA Critical Effect : Sensitization
    IFRA : View Standard
    Recommendation for powdery ketone fragrance usage levels up to :
      PROHIBITED : Should not be used as a fragrance ingredient.

    7/15/13 at 2:56am

    gecko214 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pkiler View Post

     "IFRA Hates it"

     

    Hmmm. Just makes me want it more.

     

    Interestingly Methyl Diantilis is also called "Dianthus Ethone", although I suppose this means nothing chemically (?)

    7/15/13 at 3:23am

    NineInchNell said:



    If it is prohibited, I wonder then what Malle uses in Iris Poudre?

    7/15/13 at 3:33am

    gecko214 said:



    "what Malle uses in Iris Poudre?"

     

    Probably some ionones: gamma methyl or beta or alpha white coeur, some aldehydes and possibly benzoin. Or some such. Many ways to make something powdery.