I love BN

    I love BN

    post #1 of 24
    Thread Starter 
    Hey ladies and gents,

    I've been lurking around the boards for a while now, soaking up all the knowledge that I can and figured I might as well finally post and introduce myself. So, hi! I'm Sinan, Turkish born but I live in Minnesota. I'm 21 years old studying Political Science and a fragrance nut (with a collection that looks positively scrawny compared to most of here, especially hednic, LSU92, and badarun). I have a mostly diverse palate when it comes to fragrances but I've been challenging myself lately with some oud - I haven't had the balls to get some hindi oil yet though. smile.gif

    My collection is as follows (haven't had a chance to fill out my wardrobe on here yet):

    GPHII
    LIDGE
    Bvlgari Man - kinda disappointed with this one frown.gif
    TF For Men
    TF Grey Vetiver
    TF Black Orchid
    Spicebomb
    Allure, Sport, and EB
    Prada Amber, PAPHI, and the aftershave
    Nikos Sculpture Homme
    Guerlain Homme, Intense, L'Eau, and L'Eau Boisee
    TDH Parfum
    MiP EDT and EDP
    Eau Fraiche - does NOT play well with my skin :/
    DHI (reformulated) and DHS ('08)
    Le Male
    Miracle Homme - my grandpa's frag, nostalgic
    Geir

    Aaaand GIT and Aventus (flamesuit on) in the mail as well as the Amouage 6 x 7.5ml.


    It's good to finally post!


    - Sinan
    post #2 of 24
    Thread Starter 
    P.S. The tall guy in my avatar is me, in case anyone was curious.

    P.P.S I'm very sorry if I spelled anyone's name wrong, I was going off of memory.
    post #3 of 24
    Welcome to the madhouse, Sinan!
    post #4 of 24
    Thread Starter 
    Thanks! I have to say, BN and my bank account are getting off to a horrendous start. 10 fragrances added since I've started lurking (most of the good ones in my collection). biggrin.gif
    post #5 of 24
    Welcome scingilli! Nice wardrobe there smile.gif
    post #6 of 24

    Welcome aboard,Sinan vrolijk_26.gif

    Looks like you are nicely up and running -now just watch those bottles multiply !.

    Good to have youwith us thumbsup.gif

    post #7 of 24

    Welcome to the Basenotes discussion boards/forums/threads.

    Frankly speaking, and I genuinely say so, am personally impressed by your collection and think your are on the right (and enjoyably fragrant) way. In fact, you have successfully, tastefully and diversely covered quite a few seriously respectable, opulently classy and richly versatile fragrance categories, houses, notes and note groups (and counting). Enjoy your stay here and feel free to post and/or interact as soon and as often, as you find it pleasant, interesting and informative.

    post #8 of 24
    Thread Starter 
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I truly appreciate it.
    post #9 of 24
    Welcome scingilli, you've got a great collection! Look forward to seeing you around these ways.. smile.gif
    post #10 of 24
    Thread Starter 
    Thank you, too kind. smile.gif
    post #11 of 24

    hoş geldiniz (I hope that's correct).

    Welcome to BN, Sinan :)

    post #12 of 24

    Welcome! Good collection you've got there.

    post #13 of 24
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gandhajalaView Post

    hoş geldiniz (I hope that's correct).
    Welcome to BN, Sinan smile.gif

    biggrin.gif Teşekkürler
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KageyView Post

    Welcome! Good collection you've got there.

    Thank you. smile.gif
    post #14 of 24
    Merhaba!

    Now I'm craving some Sigara Borek.
    post #15 of 24

    enjoy and love your time here like I do

    post #16 of 24
    You have purchased some nice scents already. Welcome!
    post #17 of 24

    Nice collection already. Nice to see you here.

    post #18 of 24

    Sinan,

    Hi- good work landing in poli sci at U of Minnesota. I grew up there and took many PS classes as an undergrad.

    Now I too am into frags. Good work there too, judging by your collection.

    Adam Ohio (where I am in grad school and writing on global authority.)

    post #19 of 24
    Thread Starter

    7/15/13 at 12:56am

    scingilli said:



    Hey ladies and gents,

    I've been lurking around the boards for a while now, soaking up all the knowledge that I can and figured I might as well finally post and introduce myself. So, hi! I'm Sinan, Turkish born but I live in Minnesota. I'm 21 years old studying Political Science and a fragrance nut (with a collection that looks positively scrawny compared to most of here, especially hednic, LSU92, and badarun). I have a mostly diverse palate when it comes to fragrances but I've been challenging myself lately with some oud - I haven't had the balls to get some hindi oil yet though. smile.gif

    My collection is as follows (haven't had a chance to fill out my wardrobe on here yet):

    GPHII
    LIDGE
    Bvlgari Man - kinda disappointed with this one frown.gif
    TF For Men
    TF Grey Vetiver
    TF Black Orchid
    Spicebomb
    Allure, Sport, and EB
    Prada Amber, PAPHI, and the aftershave
    Nikos Sculpture Homme
    Guerlain Homme, Intense, L'Eau, and L'Eau Boisee
    TDH Parfum
    MiP EDT and EDP
    Eau Fraiche - does NOT play well with my skin :/
    DHI (reformulated) and DHS ('08)
    Le Male
    Miracle Homme - my grandpa's frag, nostalgic
    Geir

    Aaaand GIT and Aventus (flamesuit on) in the mail as well as the Amouage 6 x 7.5ml.


    It's good to finally post!


    - Sinan

    7/15/13 at 12:59am

    scingilli said:



    P.S. The tall guy in my avatar is me, in case anyone was curious.

    P.P.S I'm very sorry if I spelled anyone's name wrong, I was going off of memory.

    7/15/13 at 1:01am

    deadidol said:



    Welcome to the madhouse, Sinan!

    7/15/13 at 1:03am

    scingilli said:



    Thanks! I have to say, BN and my bank account are getting off to a horrendous start. 10 fragrances added since I've started lurking (most of the good ones in my collection). biggrin.gif

    7/15/13 at 1:50am

    L'eaulita said:



    Welcome scingilli! Nice wardrobe there smile.gif

    7/15/13 at 4:01am

    JON RODGERS said:



    Welcome aboard,Sinan vrolijk_26.gif

    Looks like you are nicely up and running -now just watch those bottles multiply !.

    Good to have youwith us thumbsup.gif

    7/15/13 at 4:11am

    Ken_Russell said:



    Welcome to the Basenotes discussion boards/forums/threads.

    Frankly speaking, and I genuinely say so, am personally impressed by your collection and think your are on the right (and enjoyably fragrant) way. In fact, you have successfully, tastefully and diversely covered quite a few seriously respectable, opulently classy and richly versatile fragrance categories, houses, notes and note groups (and counting). Enjoy your stay here and feel free to post and/or interact as soon and as often, as you find it pleasant, interesting and informative.

    7/15/13 at 4:25am

    scingilli said:



    Thanks for the warm welcome! I truly appreciate it.

    7/15/13 at 4:29am

    Mick_Trick said:



    Welcome scingilli, you've got a great collection! Look forward to seeing you around these ways.. smile.gif

    7/15/13 at 4:30am

    scingilli said:



    Thank you, too kind. smile.gif

    7/15/13 at 5:05am

    gandhajala said:



    hoş geldiniz (I hope that's correct).

    Welcome to BN, Sinan :)

    7/15/13 at 5:13am

    Kagey said:



    Welcome! Good collection you've got there.

    7/15/13 at 6:29am

    scingilli said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gandhajalaView Post

    hoş geldiniz (I hope that's correct).
    Welcome to BN, Sinan smile.gif

    biggrin.gif Teşekkürler
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KageyView Post

    Welcome! Good collection you've got there.

    Thank you. smile.gif

    7/15/13 at 11:23am

    hedonist222 said:



    Merhaba!

    Now I'm craving some Sigara Borek.

    7/15/13 at 11:26am

    Tony T said:



    enjoy and love your time here like I do

    7/15/13 at 11:30am

    TLS said:



    You have purchased some nice scents already. Welcome!

    7/15/13 at 11:33am

    mumsy said:



    Nice collection already. Nice to see you here.

    7/15/13 at 11:43am

    AdamOhio said:



    Sinan,

    Hi- good work landing in poli sci at U of Minnesota. I grew up there and took many PS classes as an undergrad.

    Now I too am into frags. Good work there too, judging by your collection.

    Adam Ohio (where I am in grad school and writing on global authority.)