Fragrance for the office?

    Fragrance for the office?

    post #1 of 8
    Thread Starter 

    Hi everyone,

     

    I love fragrances but I'm really new to in-home fragrance and am unfamiliar with my options. I recently started actually decorating my office (very corporate environment, everyone with their own office and chairs and desk) and would like to get your opinion on a setup for an in-office fragrance. I like wearing colognes but if I could have a room fragrance I could avoid the urge to spray on more of whatever I'm wearing in the morning or mid-day and save it for after work.

     

    Since it's in an office where I often have coworkers and visitors enter, I need something relatively inoffensive or light. That also eliminates candles or incense, and timed sprays too (someone would probably think I'm weird). What are my options? Fragrance sticks?

     

    If so, does anyone have any particular fragrance brand suggestions, or a particular setup they recommend? I enjoy more masculine, woodsy, spicy, and dry scents (can't wait until the fall) but am willing to change it up a lot for the office. It might even be a nice contrast to my usual scents to have something different in there.

     

    Thanks so much, and cheers.

    post #2 of 8
    Thread Starter 

    bumpy bump. No recs?

    post #3 of 8

    Because of health & safety issues in the office incense & candles are out. I think the best method for scenting a office would be reed diffusers. 

     

    One of the best is a company called Agraria based in San Francisco, their products are expensive but a class act all the way. Check them out: http://www.agrariahome.com/airessence

    post #4 of 8

    Or the Pell Wall ones look good and Luckyscent have a selection of various makes too.

    post #5 of 8
    Don't do it. It's almost never a good idea in corporate environments.
    post #6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edshepp View Post

    Don't do it. It's almost never a good idea in corporate environments.

    I'm inclined to agree, although it's nice that someone else has said this!

    post #7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edshepp View Post

    Don't do it. It's almost never a good idea in corporate environments.
    Also feel the same way.
    post #8 of 8
    Thread Starter 
    Good thoughts, y'all - thanks so much. Ill look into Agraria but if I find it too powerful ill likely take most advice and just avoid scenting my office for corporate politeness' sake.
    class="

    7/15/13 at 8:45pm

    throwbookatface said:



    Hi everyone,

     

    I love fragrances but I'm really new to in-home fragrance and am unfamiliar with my options. I recently started actually decorating my office (very corporate environment, everyone with their own office and chairs and desk) and would like to get your opinion on a setup for an in-office fragrance. I like wearing colognes but if I could have a room fragrance I could avoid the urge to spray on more of whatever I'm wearing in the morning or mid-day and save it for after work.

     

    Since it's in an office where I often have coworkers and visitors enter, I need something relatively inoffensive or light. That also eliminates candles or incense, and timed sprays too (someone would probably think I'm weird). What are my options? Fragrance sticks?

     

    If so, does anyone have any particular fragrance brand suggestions, or a particular setup they recommend? I enjoy more masculine, woodsy, spicy, and dry scents (can't wait until the fall) but am willing to change it up a lot for the office. It might even be a nice contrast to my usual scents to have something different in there.

     

    Thanks so much, and cheers.

    7/24/13 at 7:41pm

    throwbookatface said:



    bumpy bump. No recs?

    7/25/13 at 3:50am

    Jack Hunter said:



    Because of health & safety issues in the office incense & candles are out. I think the best method for scenting a office would be reed diffusers. 

     

    One of the best is a company called Agraria based in San Francisco, their products are expensive but a class act all the way. Check them out: http://www.agrariahome.com/airessence

    7/26/13 at 2:45am

    lpp said:



    Or the Pell Wall ones look good and Luckyscent have a selection of various makes too.

    7/26/13 at 4:35am

    edshepp said:



    Don't do it. It's almost never a good idea in corporate environments.

    7/26/13 at 11:30am

    lpp said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edshepp View Post

    Don't do it. It's almost never a good idea in corporate environments.

    I'm inclined to agree, although it's nice that someone else has said this!

    7/27/13 at 5:53pm

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edshepp View Post

    Don't do it. It's almost never a good idea in corporate environments.
    Also feel the same way.

    7/31/13 at 6:40pm

    throwbookatface said:



    Good thoughts, y'all - thanks so much. Ill look into Agraria but if I find it too powerful ill likely take most advice and just avoid scenting my office for corporate politeness' sake.