Thinking about buying these two fragrances for the summer...

    Thinking about buying these two fragrances for the summer...

    post #1 of 11
    Thread Starter 

    Hey there,

    I have recently got into researching and sampling fragrances this month, and I think I am ready to make my first purchase. I have made three trips to the mall and have sampled every single fragrance that Neiman Marcus and Nordstroms have to offerwink.gif.

    I am looking at buying Creed's Millesime Imperial and Gucci Pour Homme II on fragrance.net where I can get them for about $180 with all of their coupons and 6% off from ebates. These are the two fragrances that really stand out at me and that I enjoy. The one problem I am having is that I am afraid people around me will not enjoy Millesime Imperial. I am going into my sophmore year of high school so I don't want people to think I smell bad. I wore three sprays today and went shopping with my mom. She said that she thought it was very feminine with its "flowery smell". I am not sure I get a whole lot of flowers in it, but I can say I do think it is not 100% masculine. I just really enjoy the whole ripe melon freshness and kind of fresh air (or I have heard sea breeze) vibe to it. I wore Gucci Pour Homme II the other day though, and she enjoyed that though. So do you guys have any thoughts on what other's reactions are when you wear Millesime Imperial?

    Thanks!

    post #2 of 11

    They are two great fragrances. MI is marketed as a "unisex" scent but with that lusch melon note, you just can't not wear it. If you want a similar scent that's marketed for men, you can try Sean John's Unforgivable. It's a pretty good copy.

    post #3 of 11
    I enjoy both of these fragrances and if your decision is between these two you can't go wrong.

    Buy whichever one you like the most.

    When it comes to niche smells most people aren't used to them and they take some time getting used to.

    Eventually they all come around MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH
    post #4 of 11

    both are perfect. maybe for an alternative ADG?

    post #5 of 11

    Great picks can't go wrong with these

    post #6 of 11

    i dont recommend millesime imperial for a high school student or anyone under the age of 30.

    It just doesnt smell teenager.

    You will smell like you wore your dads fragrance to school. Its like driving a BMW 7 series to high school.

    Is it a nice car? heck yea it is.

    Can you drive it to school and look cool in it? Sure you can.

    But it will not suit you.

    Chanel Bleu de Chanel or Chanel Allure Homme Sport is more suitable for you.

    post #7 of 11
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AttilaView Post

    Its like driving a BMW 7 series to high school.

    Is it a nice car? heck yea it is.

    Can you drive it to school and look cool in it? Sure you can.

    But it will not suit you.

    It's not unusual to have car like that at my school though...

    post #8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AttilaView Post

    i dont recommend millesime imperial for a high school student or anyone under the age of 30.

    wait? whhhhaaaaat.

    millesime imperial is better than the entire allure series combined, though that isn't saying much.

    and i get nothing but good feedback from it.

    post #9 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WillanhanyardView Post

    It's not unusual to have car like that at my school though...

    LOL

    You should go with Millesime Imperial.

    I know a lot of high school kids who wear Sean John Unforgivable. MI is in the same vein but of course much better.

    post #10 of 11

    Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Cant go wrong with that IMO. Milliseme Imperial was too feminine for my liking as well. It smells wonderful but, unless you get manicures, it may not work for you.

    We all have our opinions. Mine is Creed MI is just too feminine.

    post #11 of 11

    I'd go with Gucci PH II.

    class="

    7/17/13 at 9:39pm

    Willanhanyard said:



    Hey there,

    I have recently got into researching and sampling fragrances this month, and I think I am ready to make my first purchase. I have made three trips to the mall and have sampled every single fragrance that Neiman Marcus and Nordstroms have to offerwink.gif.

    I am looking at buying Creed's Millesime Imperial and Gucci Pour Homme II on fragrance.net where I can get them for about $180 with all of their coupons and 6% off from ebates. These are the two fragrances that really stand out at me and that I enjoy. The one problem I am having is that I am afraid people around me will not enjoy Millesime Imperial. I am going into my sophmore year of high school so I don't want people to think I smell bad. I wore three sprays today and went shopping with my mom. She said that she thought it was very feminine with its "flowery smell". I am not sure I get a whole lot of flowers in it, but I can say I do think it is not 100% masculine. I just really enjoy the whole ripe melon freshness and kind of fresh air (or I have heard sea breeze) vibe to it. I wore Gucci Pour Homme II the other day though, and she enjoyed that though. So do you guys have any thoughts on what other's reactions are when you wear Millesime Imperial?

    Thanks!

    7/17/13 at 11:53pm

    tonghpafu said:



    They are two great fragrances. MI is marketed as a "unisex" scent but with that lusch melon note, you just can't not wear it. If you want a similar scent that's marketed for men, you can try Sean John's Unforgivable. It's a pretty good copy.

    7/18/13 at 2:09pm

    LiteEmUpGood said:



    I enjoy both of these fragrances and if your decision is between these two you can't go wrong.

    Buy whichever one you like the most.

    When it comes to niche smells most people aren't used to them and they take some time getting used to.

    Eventually they all come around MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH

    7/18/13 at 2:35pm

    Tony T said:



    both are perfect. maybe for an alternative ADG?

    7/18/13 at 3:46pm

    mccann690 said:



    Great picks can't go wrong with these

    7/18/13 at 4:10pm

    Attila said:



    i dont recommend millesime imperial for a high school student or anyone under the age of 30.

    It just doesnt smell teenager.

    You will smell like you wore your dads fragrance to school. Its like driving a BMW 7 series to high school.

    Is it a nice car? heck yea it is.

    Can you drive it to school and look cool in it? Sure you can.

    But it will not suit you.

    Chanel Bleu de Chanel or Chanel Allure Homme Sport is more suitable for you.

    7/18/13 at 4:46pm

    Willanhanyard said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AttilaView Post

    Its like driving a BMW 7 series to high school.

    Is it a nice car? heck yea it is.

    Can you drive it to school and look cool in it? Sure you can.

    But it will not suit you.

    It's not unusual to have car like that at my school though...

    7/18/13 at 7:43pm

    noirdrakkar said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AttilaView Post

    i dont recommend millesime imperial for a high school student or anyone under the age of 30.

    wait? whhhhaaaaat.

    millesime imperial is better than the entire allure series combined, though that isn't saying much.

    and i get nothing but good feedback from it.

    7/18/13 at 9:08pm

    Buysblind said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WillanhanyardView Post

    It's not unusual to have car like that at my school though...

    LOL

    You should go with Millesime Imperial.

    I know a lot of high school kids who wear Sean John Unforgivable. MI is in the same vein but of course much better.

    7/20/13 at 8:58am

    Dothraki said:



    Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Cant go wrong with that IMO. Milliseme Imperial was too feminine for my liking as well. It smells wonderful but, unless you get manicures, it may not work for you.

    We all have our opinions. Mine is Creed MI is just too feminine.

    7/20/13 at 9:11am

    Ken_Russell said:



    I'd go with Gucci PH II.





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000