Recommendation scents

    Recommendation scents

    post #1 of 7
    Thread Starter 

    For a gal who loves Fracas, Angel, Opium but can't stand rose scents.  I prefer vintage scents and can't find anything really light for summer.  Citrus and , tobacco and woodsy, leathery smells are nice too.  Any new ideas for a newbie?  Thx!

    post #2 of 7
    For some reason O de LancĂ´me comes to mind, on me its a lovely hit of green followed by some citrus and florals. Chanel's Bel Respiro is also green and gorgeous for summer. I found both light in scent and sillage with good longevity (approx 6 hours).
    post #3 of 7

    Welcome!

     

    Some old masculines could have fit the description: citrus over a not too deep mossy/leathery base. (Eau Sauvage, Chanel pour monsieur, Eau d'Hadrien, Cravache) Unfortunately restrictions on oakmoss have hit this type of perfumes hard, and the current version of these perfumes is just a plain citrus.

     

    I second O de Lancome: fresh zingy citrus up top, then morphing into a nice green slightly mossy base. Another possibility would be to go into green florals, which smell relatively fresh but often don't go into rose territory. Examples would be Cristalle, Futur, Silences, or the defunct Paco Rabanne Metal (as well as the Bel respiro mentioned by Xscent).

     

    cacio

    post #4 of 7

    Versace  The Dreamer, Monsieur Balmain both affordable, both nice (to me) try before you buy a full bottle though.  Some people say Dreamer is more fall winter but I thinkt it can be worn on cooler spring/summer nights

    post #5 of 7
    Beyond Love & Carnal Flower if you like Fracas.
    post #6 of 7

    Genuinely recommending Le Dix by Balenciaga: one of the most beautifully balanced (and, in addition to that, quite affordable too) citrus-chypre-leathery fragrances. Along the lines of No. 5 and No. 19 by Chanel, even slightly reminding of Cristalle by the same fragrance house, as well as a bit of Miss Dior and Escale a Portofino by Dior, but in my opinion with an extra edge, depth and even opulence compared to the aforementioned classics. 

    post #7 of 7

    neroli portofino

    class="

    7/20/13 at 4:52pm

    SuzannePicott said:



    For a gal who loves Fracas, Angel, Opium but can't stand rose scents.  I prefer vintage scents and can't find anything really light for summer.  Citrus and , tobacco and woodsy, leathery smells are nice too.  Any new ideas for a newbie?  Thx!

    7/20/13 at 5:41pm

    Xscent said:



    For some reason O de LancĂ´me comes to mind, on me its a lovely hit of green followed by some citrus and florals. Chanel's Bel Respiro is also green and gorgeous for summer. I found both light in scent and sillage with good longevity (approx 6 hours).

    7/20/13 at 7:36pm

    cacio said:



    Welcome!

     

    Some old masculines could have fit the description: citrus over a not too deep mossy/leathery base. (Eau Sauvage, Chanel pour monsieur, Eau d'Hadrien, Cravache) Unfortunately restrictions on oakmoss have hit this type of perfumes hard, and the current version of these perfumes is just a plain citrus.

     

    I second O de Lancome: fresh zingy citrus up top, then morphing into a nice green slightly mossy base. Another possibility would be to go into green florals, which smell relatively fresh but often don't go into rose territory. Examples would be Cristalle, Futur, Silences, or the defunct Paco Rabanne Metal (as well as the Bel respiro mentioned by Xscent).

     

    cacio

    7/20/13 at 8:29pm

    Katana said:



    Versace  The Dreamer, Monsieur Balmain both affordable, both nice (to me) try before you buy a full bottle though.  Some people say Dreamer is more fall winter but I thinkt it can be worn on cooler spring/summer nights

    7/20/13 at 11:03pm

    hedonist222 said:



    Beyond Love & Carnal Flower if you like Fracas.

    7/21/13 at 9:10am

    Ken_Russell said:



    Genuinely recommending Le Dix by Balenciaga: one of the most beautifully balanced (and, in addition to that, quite affordable too) citrus-chypre-leathery fragrances. Along the lines of No. 5 and No. 19 by Chanel, even slightly reminding of Cristalle by the same fragrance house, as well as a bit of Miss Dior and Escale a Portofino by Dior, but in my opinion with an extra edge, depth and even opulence compared to the aforementioned classics. 

    7/21/13 at 1:43pm

    noirdrakkar said:



    neroli portofino





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000