ThePerfumedCourt Free shipping?

    ThePerfumedCourt Free shipping?

    post #1 of 12
    Thread Starter 
    I just filled my basket with almost $100 worth of samples from TPC...I can't find a 'free shipping coupon anywhere. It irks me that I spend that much on samples, they are making HUGE profits at $6/ 1/2ml and they can't give me free shipping? anyone know of a code I can enter?
    post #2 of 12
    Don't know about free shipping, Possum-Pie, but are you getting your Basenotes discount? If you sign up with them, they take off 10%.
    post #3 of 12

    They still charge $6 shipping?  I remember it used to be that high, but then once surrendertochance.com came they cut their s/h fee in half to stay competitive.  Either way, I stopped dealing with TPC because of horrible service I had from them about a year ago. 

    post #4 of 12
    Thread Starter 
    I generally don't deal with TPC or STC either, but TPC has an "Oud sampler that has many samples of frags I have wanted to try. I refuse to buy 1 or 2 samples from them b/c $2.95 shipping + $6 for a sample is almost $9/half milliliter of juice...that is...MORE than I paid for my Amouage Tribute!!!!!!
    post #5 of 12

    Unfortunately it's the only way a lot of us can ever get a chance to sample lots of niche.  And they know that, so they take advantage of it angry.gif

    At least STC appreciates us enough to send out monthly deals and coupon codes

    post #6 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by silverpunk View Post

    Unfortunately it's the only way a lot of us can ever get a chance to sample lots of niche.  And they know that, so they take advantage of it angry.gif

    At least STC appreciates us enough to send out monthly deals and coupon codes

     

    I agree, but I think it's gotten much better now compared to 1-2 years ago.  If you guys think TPC's prices are expensive now, it was even worse before STC came.  TPC basically had a monopoly in the niche decant market.  In the past year or so, more options sprang up, most noteably STC, and so TPC had no choice but to reduce their prices to be able to compete. 

     

    Ironically, the people that started STC used to work at TPC.  I believe they had a falling out and left to start their own company, which ended up becoming STC.  

    post #7 of 12
    I just got quite a few samples TPC just few months ago and their customer service is "Thee Worse in History" but nevertheless in hard to get and find samples is the place to go: they only work through email responses, that is their customer service, not to mention their pricing is extremely in high profit margin and don't think free shipping and extras ever existed or will exist in their vocabulary as I believe they are independent and work out Grandmas garage..Lol
    post #8 of 12
    Thread Starter 
    I gave up on TPC and StC. I get sick just thinking about how much I pay/ml with the stupid shipping. I even signed up for the "BN discount" and it still is way too much. When I was a newbie to niche, I bought from them, but I'd rather take my chances on EBAY and buy a lot of 50 vials from someone for $50. Better than $9/ml from these crooks.
    post #9 of 12
    Whole heartely agree with you on your quote: if u have any trusted sellers that you have dealt with and have come thru with good deal and samples, please share contact if you can please, as this seems as a feasible way to get samples at a great discount...thx
    post #10 of 12
    Shipping is only $2.95 for orders under $100. I don't understand how $2.95 would be the showstopper.

    The prices are steep, but shipping is not.
    post #11 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post

    I just got quite a few samples TPC just few months ago and their customer service is "Thee Worse in History" but nevertheless in hard to get and find samples is the place to go: they only work through email responses, that is their customer service, not to mention their pricing is extremely in high profit margin and don't think free shipping and extras ever existed or will exist in their vocabulary as I believe they are independent and work out Grandmas garage..Lol

     

    Yep, due to their bad customer service I stopped dealing with them. It's one thing to only have email as customer service, it's quite another when they NEVER respond to an email. They literally never responded to multiple emails of mine asking for status of a back ordered item. From then on, I went elsewhere for my samples. 

     

    My first choice for samples is ebay. After that, it's probably surrendertochance (STC) and LuckyScent. Never had a problem with any of them. 

    post #12 of 12
    If you're a Basenotes member, you automatically get 13% off your purchase.

    I will use TPC, but ONLY if there's nowhere else to get a sample. Expect for it to take at least a couple of weeks to get your samples, EVEN if you live in the USA. Pay no attention to their tracking information.....IF they provide it.

    Their competition, Surrender to Chance, is MUCH faster. Both charge $2.95 shipping, I believe.

    TPC has some things STC doesn't have, and vice versa.
    class="

    7/27/13 at 2:43pm

    Possum-Pie said:



    I just filled my basket with almost $100 worth of samples from TPC...I can't find a 'free shipping coupon anywhere. It irks me that I spend that much on samples, they are making HUGE profits at $6/ 1/2ml and they can't give me free shipping? anyone know of a code I can enter?

    7/27/13 at 3:05pm

    Genie Jeanie said:



    Don't know about free shipping, Possum-Pie, but are you getting your Basenotes discount? If you sign up with them, they take off 10%.

    7/27/13 at 3:36pm

    CaliDude said:



    They still charge $6 shipping?  I remember it used to be that high, but then once surrendertochance.com came they cut their s/h fee in half to stay competitive.  Either way, I stopped dealing with TPC because of horrible service I had from them about a year ago. 

    7/27/13 at 5:05pm

    Possum-Pie said:



    I generally don't deal with TPC or STC either, but TPC has an "Oud sampler that has many samples of frags I have wanted to try. I refuse to buy 1 or 2 samples from them b/c $2.95 shipping + $6 for a sample is almost $9/half milliliter of juice...that is...MORE than I paid for my Amouage Tribute!!!!!!

    7/27/13 at 5:59pm

    silverpunk said:



    Unfortunately it's the only way a lot of us can ever get a chance to sample lots of niche.  And they know that, so they take advantage of it angry.gif

    At least STC appreciates us enough to send out monthly deals and coupon codes

    7/27/13 at 7:57pm

    CaliDude said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by silverpunk View Post

    Unfortunately it's the only way a lot of us can ever get a chance to sample lots of niche.  And they know that, so they take advantage of it angry.gif

    At least STC appreciates us enough to send out monthly deals and coupon codes

     

    I agree, but I think it's gotten much better now compared to 1-2 years ago.  If you guys think TPC's prices are expensive now, it was even worse before STC came.  TPC basically had a monopoly in the niche decant market.  In the past year or so, more options sprang up, most noteably STC, and so TPC had no choice but to reduce their prices to be able to compete. 

     

    Ironically, the people that started STC used to work at TPC.  I believe they had a falling out and left to start their own company, which ended up becoming STC.  

    10/7/13 at 12:27pm

    magnus611 said:



    I just got quite a few samples TPC just few months ago and their customer service is "Thee Worse in History" but nevertheless in hard to get and find samples is the place to go: they only work through email responses, that is their customer service, not to mention their pricing is extremely in high profit margin and don't think free shipping and extras ever existed or will exist in their vocabulary as I believe they are independent and work out Grandmas garage..Lol

    10/7/13 at 5:26pm

    Possum-Pie said:



    I gave up on TPC and StC. I get sick just thinking about how much I pay/ml with the stupid shipping. I even signed up for the "BN discount" and it still is way too much. When I was a newbie to niche, I bought from them, but I'd rather take my chances on EBAY and buy a lot of 50 vials from someone for $50. Better than $9/ml from these crooks.

    10/7/13 at 5:40pm

    magnus611 said:



    Whole heartely agree with you on your quote: if u have any trusted sellers that you have dealt with and have come thru with good deal and samples, please share contact if you can please, as this seems as a feasible way to get samples at a great discount...thx

    10/7/13 at 5:40pm

    dougczar said:



    Shipping is only $2.95 for orders under $100. I don't understand how $2.95 would be the showstopper.

    The prices are steep, but shipping is not.

    10/7/13 at 8:18pm

    CaliDude said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post

    I just got quite a few samples TPC just few months ago and their customer service is "Thee Worse in History" but nevertheless in hard to get and find samples is the place to go: they only work through email responses, that is their customer service, not to mention their pricing is extremely in high profit margin and don't think free shipping and extras ever existed or will exist in their vocabulary as I believe they are independent and work out Grandmas garage..Lol

     

    Yep, due to their bad customer service I stopped dealing with them. It's one thing to only have email as customer service, it's quite another when they NEVER respond to an email. They literally never responded to multiple emails of mine asking for status of a back ordered item. From then on, I went elsewhere for my samples. 

     

    My first choice for samples is ebay. After that, it's probably surrendertochance (STC) and LuckyScent. Never had a problem with any of them. 

    10/7/13 at 11:21pm

    RedRaider430 said:



    If you're a Basenotes member, you automatically get 13% off your purchase.

    I will use TPC, but ONLY if there's nowhere else to get a sample. Expect for it to take at least a couple of weeks to get your samples, EVEN if you live in the USA. Pay no attention to their tracking information.....IF they provide it.

    Their competition, Surrender to Chance, is MUCH faster. Both charge $2.95 shipping, I believe.

    TPC has some things STC doesn't have, and vice versa.