good fragrance for high school? help?

    good fragrance for high school? help?

    post #1 of 42
    Thread Starter 
    Hey guys! I literally just joined base notes like 10 minutes ago and i just wanted your guys opinion on something.

    I want to pick up a Cologne that's good for high school and that would get me some compliments. I'm going to become a junior by the way.
    I already own 1 million and i really like it
    These are the some of the fragrances that i wanted to get, which one do you think is best for a high school setting?

    Le male
    A*men
    Pure malt
    Pure havane
    Allure homme sport
    La nuit de l'homme
    Bleu de chanel
    Acqua di gio
    L'homme
    fierce by A&F

    Which one of those is best for high school gets compliments from high school girls?
    Please help, a lot of people say that some of these fragrances are mature so i need your opinions

    You can also recommend me a fragrance that you think will do well in high school,
    thanks!!
    post #2 of 42
    Acqua di Gio
    post #3 of 42

    From the list, these are best:

    Allure homme sport
    La nuit de l'homme
    Bleu de chanel
    L'homme

    Of these, either of the Chanels are great. You can impress ladies with the name alone.

    post #4 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicView Post

    Acqua di Gio

    This. Can't beat AdG for what you're looking for.

    post #5 of 42

    Acqua di Gio Essenza. Thank me later...if you must pick between the fragrances you have listed. I would pick Chanel Bleu de Chanel, given your demographic.

    post #6 of 42
    Le Male
    post #7 of 42
    Adg (not the essenza)
    post #8 of 42
    Thread Starter 
    What's the difference between adg and adg essenza?
    post #9 of 42

    Opposite of this. Essenza has more woody notes, amber and florals...more depth. Just an overall better fragrance. And, it's different than what the masses are wearing. Plus, it's longer lasting.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdwctdwcView Post

    Adg (not the essenza)
    post #10 of 42

    ADG Essenza smells a little more peppery and ambery, and has better longevity.
    I prefer Essenza.

    post #11 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fragrancenote96View Post

    What's the difference between adg and adg essenza?
    essenza is sharper in the opening and heart because they took the rose note that existed in the original. Essenza is also more woody. Essenza could be the more mature and more refined of the two, but for your query, i think you will like the original much better because it's smoother, more 'airy' and not as 'serious' as the essenza
    post #12 of 42
    Thread Starter 
    Do you think high school girls will like pure havane? Or is it too mature?
    post #13 of 42
    Go to the store and test adg, both the original and the essenza and choose the one you like.

    On a side note, girls love fresh/flowery/aromatic scents on guys, that's exactly why I recommended the original adg.

    (keyword : blondes)
    post #14 of 42

    Agreed. All of these can easily be sniffed at your local mall. Formulate your own opinion. Girls like guys that are confident and smell good. Both smell wonderful...see what you like most and what you're most confident wearing.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdwctdwcView Post

    Go to the store and test adg, both the original and the essenza and choose the one you like.

    On a side note, girls love fresh/flowery/aromatic scents on guys, that's exactly why I recommended the original adg.

    (keyword : blondes)
    post #15 of 42
    Am I really the first to say Fierce? HS girls love it, I thought this was a well known fact?
    post #16 of 42
    Thread Starter 
    Thanks you guys! I'm going to test ADG out next time i go to the mall, one more thing, if i get the body wash, deodorant, and shaving gel, will it project more and last longer?
    post #17 of 42
    Thread Starter 
    I also heard high school girls love it, by i heard that it was reformulated and that it's not the same, is this true?
    post #18 of 42

    The man makes a valid point...9 years removed from high school in North America...this should have been the first to pop into my head. But ADG was my first fragrance in high school...I guess I'm a little more attached. I'd say it was an equal split when I was in HS...ADG, Fierce and Tommy.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JiveHippoView Post

    Am I really the first to say Fierce? HS girls love it, I thought this was a well known fact?
    post #19 of

    7/28/13 at 9:52pm

    fragrancenote96 said:



    Hey guys! I literally just joined base notes like 10 minutes ago and i just wanted your guys opinion on something.

    I want to pick up a Cologne that's good for high school and that would get me some compliments. I'm going to become a junior by the way.
    I already own 1 million and i really like it
    These are the some of the fragrances that i wanted to get, which one do you think is best for a high school setting?

    Le male
    A*men
    Pure malt
    Pure havane
    Allure homme sport
    La nuit de l'homme
    Bleu de chanel
    Acqua di gio
    L'homme
    fierce by A&F

    Which one of those is best for high school gets compliments from high school girls?
    Please help, a lot of people say that some of these fragrances are mature so i need your opinions

    You can also recommend me a fragrance that you think will do well in high school,
    thanks!!

    7/28/13 at 10:09pm

    hednic said:



    Acqua di Gio

    7/28/13 at 10:11pm

    Echo777 said:



    From the list, these are best:

    Allure homme sport
    La nuit de l'homme
    Bleu de chanel
    L'homme

    Of these, either of the Chanels are great. You can impress ladies with the name alone.

    7/28/13 at 10:27pm

    mjones602 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicView Post

    Acqua di Gio

    This. Can't beat AdG for what you're looking for.

    7/28/13 at 10:31pm

    rynegne said:



    Acqua di Gio Essenza. Thank me later...if you must pick between the fragrances you have listed. I would pick Chanel Bleu de Chanel, given your demographic.

    7/28/13 at 10:31pm

    tonghpafu said:



    Le Male

    7/28/13 at 10:32pm

    tdwctdwc said:



    Adg (not the essenza)

    7/28/13 at 10:40pm

    fragrancenote96 said:



    What's the difference between adg and adg essenza?

    7/28/13 at 10:41pm

    rynegne said:



    Opposite of this. Essenza has more woody notes, amber and florals...more depth. Just an overall better fragrance. And, it's different than what the masses are wearing. Plus, it's longer lasting.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdwctdwcView Post

    Adg (not the essenza)

    7/28/13 at 10:44pm

    fan.of.devin said:



    ADG Essenza smells a little more peppery and ambery, and has better longevity.
    I prefer Essenza.

    7/28/13 at 10:47pm

    tdwctdwc said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fragrancenote96View Post

    What's the difference between adg and adg essenza?
    essenza is sharper in the opening and heart because they took the rose note that existed in the original. Essenza is also more woody. Essenza could be the more mature and more refined of the two, but for your query, i think you will like the original much better because it's smoother, more 'airy' and not as 'serious' as the essenza

    7/28/13 at 11:01pm

    fragrancenote96 said:



    Do you think high school girls will like pure havane? Or is it too mature?

    7/28/13 at 11:07pm

    tdwctdwc said:



    Go to the store and test adg, both the original and the essenza and choose the one you like.

    On a side note, girls love fresh/flowery/aromatic scents on guys, that's exactly why I recommended the original adg.

    (keyword : blondes)

    7/28/13 at 11:13pm

    rynegne said:



    Agreed. All of these can easily be sniffed at your local mall. Formulate your own opinion. Girls like guys that are confident and smell good. Both smell wonderful...see what you like most and what you're most confident wearing.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdwctdwcView Post

    Go to the store and test adg, both the original and the essenza and choose the one you like.

    On a side note, girls love fresh/flowery/aromatic scents on guys, that's exactly why I recommended the original adg.

    (keyword : blondes)

    7/28/13 at 11:15pm

    JiveHippo said:



    Am I really the first to say Fierce? HS girls love it, I thought this was a well known fact?

    7/28/13 at 11:17pm

    fragrancenote96 said:



    Thanks you guys! I'm going to test ADG out next time i go to the mall, one more thing, if i get the body wash, deodorant, and shaving gel, will it project more and last longer?

    7/28/13 at 11:19pm

    fragrancenote96 said:



    I also heard high school girls love it, by i heard that it was reformulated and that it's not the same, is this true?

    7/28/13 at 11:25pm

    rynegne said:



    The man makes a valid point...9 years removed from high school in North America...this should have been the first to pop into my head. But ADG was my first fragrance in high school...I guess I'm a little more attached. I'd say it was an equal split when I was in HS...ADG, Fierce and Tommy.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JiveHippoView Post

    Am I really the first to say Fierce? HS girls love it, I thought this was a well known fact?





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000