CELEBRITY FRAGRANCES SALES UP ..

    CELEBRITY FRAGRANCES SALES UP ..

    post #1 of 16
    Thread Starter 

    by 14% in the first five months of 2013 according to a recent survey mainly because

    ....' people want to smell like the celebrities'.....

    Inspirational or just saaaad ?

    post #2 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaernView Post

    by 14% in the first five months of 2013 according to a recent survey mainly because

    ....' people want to smell like the celebrities'.....

    Inspirational or just saaaad ?

    \ I would say mostly sad, because even that celeb probably does not wear their low quality frags.
    post #3 of 16
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by williampaul1969View Post

    \I would say mostly sad, because even that celeb probably does not wear their low quality frags.

    Point thumbsup.gif

    Wonder how much input they actually have confused.gif

    post #4 of 16

    I don't see millionaire usher wearing his 25 dollar frag either

    he would go for a creed

    post #5 of 16

    I think the public needs to be educated about what perfumes the celebrities actually wear then.

    post #6 of 16
    I just find the fact interesting. It is what it is.
    post #7 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by williampaul1969View Post

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaernView Post

    by 14% in the first five months of 2013 according to a recent survey mainly because

    ....' people want to smell like the celebrities'.....

    Inspirational or just saaaad ?

    \ I would say mostly sad, because even that celeb probably does not wear their low quality frags.

    Agree ! Not all celebrity frags are bad but boy ! ...do they all jump on the money bandwagon !!

    post #8 of 16
    Not hard to see why they're doing so well, and I dont think its sad because its making people happy. They're affordable, easy to wear, and give the buyer a new kind of accessibility to their favourite celebrity. I dont see it any differently than I see I celeb put out a movie, an album, an advert, a tour or merchandise. Personally, I wish they would leave the perfume arena alone because its creating focus on an uninspiring genre that is terribly overgrown.
    I have a small handful of celebscents that I enjoy, I'm not into the celebrity but enjoy the fragrance. So not all celeb-scent consumers are brainless groupies.
    post #9 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaernView Post

    Point thumbsup.gif



    Wonder how much input they actually have confused.gif

    Very little input. They are just licensing their name and brand to Coty. Coty actually owns the fragrance. Even with designer scents, the designers have very little input.
    post #10 of 16
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mimi GardeniaView Post

    Agree ! Not all celebrity frags are bad but boy ! ...do they all jump on the money bandwagon !!

    No, they are not all bad, I agree

    But, you know -- how much money does David Beckham et alactually need? He supposedly wears Creed's SMW anyway

    post #11 of 16
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L'eaulitaView Post

    Not hard to see why they're doing so well, and I dont think its sad because its making people happy. They're affordable, easy to wear, and give the buyer a new kind of accessibility to their favourite celebrity. I dont see it any differently than I see I celeb put out a movie, an album, an advert, a tour or merchandise. Personally, I wish they would leave the perfume arena alone because its creating focus on an uninspiring genre that is terribly overgrown.
    I have a small handful of celebscents that I enjoy, I'm not into the celebrity but enjoy the fragrance. So not all celeb-scent consumers are brainless groupies.

    Utilitarianism? I'm sure that's in the forefront of the celebs minds happy.gif

    It's true what you say though -- they are not taking the industry forward at all

    post #12 of 16

    My sense has always been that the Celebrity frag sector of the market is based on the idea that people will buy these frags because based on a desire to identify themselves with the particular celebrity.

    Which, in this age of logo adornment, is apparently seen by some as one more aspect of "getting a life", but which has always seemed like a spiritually impoverished way of going about it to me.

    So that would be one more vote for "sad".


    Edited by Birdboy48 - 7/30/13 at 8:20am
    post #13 of 16
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Birdboy48View Post

    My sense has always been that the Celebrity frag sector of the market is based on the idea that people will buy these frags because based of a desire to identify themselves personally with the particular celebrity.

    Which in this age of logo adornment is apparently yet another essential aspect of "having a life", but remains a spooky way of going about it to me.

    'Having a life' based on someone else's -- there's a paradox

    post #14 of 16

    Just sad. (see article about Stan Lee)

    post #15 of 16

    Just sad.

    post #16 of 16

    The clearanced ones I see all the time? Sales up?

    class="

    7/29/13 at 7:01am

    Kaern said:



    by 14% in the first five months of 2013 according to a recent survey mainly because

    ....' people want to smell like the celebrities'.....

    Inspirational or just saaaad ?

    7/29/13 at 7:53am

    williampaul1969 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaernView Post

    by 14% in the first five months of 2013 according to a recent survey mainly because

    ....' people want to smell like the celebrities'.....

    Inspirational or just saaaad ?

    \ I would say mostly sad, because even that celeb probably does not wear their low quality frags.

    7/29/13 at 8:12am

    Kaern said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by williampaul1969View Post

    \I would say mostly sad, because even that celeb probably does not wear their low quality frags.

    Point thumbsup.gif

    Wonder how much input they actually have confused.gif

    7/29/13 at 8:17am

    Tony T said:



    I don't see millionaire usher wearing his 25 dollar frag either

    he would go for a creed

    7/29/13 at 10:09am

    chypre said:



    I think the public needs to be educated about what perfumes the celebrities actually wear then.

    7/29/13 at 1:05pm

    hednic said:



    I just find the fact interesting. It is what it is.

    7/29/13 at 2:47pm

    Mimi Gardenia said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by williampaul1969View Post

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaernView Post

    by 14% in the first five months of 2013 according to a recent survey mainly because

    ....' people want to smell like the celebrities'.....

    Inspirational or just saaaad ?

    \ I would say mostly sad, because even that celeb probably does not wear their low quality frags.

    Agree ! Not all celebrity frags are bad but boy ! ...do they all jump on the money bandwagon !!

    7/29/13 at 4:03pm

    L'eaulita said:



    Not hard to see why they're doing so well, and I dont think its sad because its making people happy. They're affordable, easy to wear, and give the buyer a new kind of accessibility to their favourite celebrity. I dont see it any differently than I see I celeb put out a movie, an album, an advert, a tour or merchandise. Personally, I wish they would leave the perfume arena alone because its creating focus on an uninspiring genre that is terribly overgrown.
    I have a small handful of celebscents that I enjoy, I'm not into the celebrity but enjoy the fragrance. So not all celeb-scent consumers are brainless groupies.

    7/29/13 at 7:58pm

    ScentBound said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaernView Post

    Point thumbsup.gif



    Wonder how much input they actually have confused.gif

    Very little input. They are just licensing their name and brand to Coty. Coty actually owns the fragrance. Even with designer scents, the designers have very little input.

    7/30/13 at 2:25am

    Kaern said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mimi GardeniaView Post

    Agree ! Not all celebrity frags are bad but boy ! ...do they all jump on the money bandwagon !!

    No, they are not all bad, I agree

    But, you know -- how much money does David Beckham et alactually need? He supposedly wears Creed's SMW anyway

    7/30/13 at 2:30am

    Kaern said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L'eaulitaView Post

    Not hard to see why they're doing so well, and I dont think its sad because its making people happy. They're affordable, easy to wear, and give the buyer a new kind of accessibility to their favourite celebrity. I dont see it any differently than I see I celeb put out a movie, an album, an advert, a tour or merchandise. Personally, I wish they would leave the perfume arena alone because its creating focus on an uninspiring genre that is terribly overgrown.
    I have a small handful of celebscents that I enjoy, I'm not into the celebrity but enjoy the fragrance. So not all celeb-scent consumers are brainless groupies.

    Utilitarianism? I'm sure that's in the forefront of the celebs minds happy.gif

    It's true what you say though -- they are not taking the industry forward at all

    7/30/13 at 8:09am

    Birdboy48 said:



    My sense has always been that the Celebrity frag sector of the market is based on the idea that people will buy these frags because based on a desire to identify themselves with the particular celebrity.

    Which, in this age of logo adornment, is apparently seen by some as one more aspect of "getting a life", but which has always seemed like a spiritually impoverished way of going about it to me.

    So that would be one more vote for "sad".


    Edited by Birdboy48 - 7/30/13 at 8:20am

    7/30/13 at 8:14am

    Kaern said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Birdboy48View Post

    My sense has always been that the Celebrity frag sector of the market is based on the idea that people will buy these frags because based of a desire to identify themselves personally with the particular celebrity.

    Which in this age of logo adornment is apparently yet another essential aspect of "having a life", but remains a spooky way of going about it to me.

    'Having a life' based on someone else's -- there's a paradox

    7/31/13 at 2:32pm

    trex57 said:



    Just sad. (see article about Stan Lee)

    7/31/13 at 2:32pm

    trex57 said:



    Just sad.

    7/31/13 at 2:35pm

    kalli said:



    The clearanced ones I see all the time? Sales up?





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000