Do expensive colognes ever go on sale?

    Do expensive colognes ever go on sale?

    post #1 of 21
    Thread Starter 

    I've been interested in several different colognes... mainly Aventus, Desert Marocain, Musc Ravageur, Guerlain Double Vanille, and some Tom Ford private blends. But these are usually sold in the online stores that always seem to exclude fragrances in their sales! I know going in on a group buy for decants is the cheapest way, but I was just wondering if there's ever an annual sale that includes the more expensive colognes.

    post #2 of 21

    the facebook groups

    post #3 of 21
    Saks used to have special days I believe twice annually , forgot what they were called where in-store discounts applied even to fragrances at all levels. Don't know if they are still doing it.
    post #4 of 21

    As you noticed, fancy department stores never discount cosmetics or perfumes. Very occasionally, they may have store offers (spend x dollars get a card for y dollars), but that's about it. One fancy brand that occasionally does discount is Bond no 9, which every year or two has a 2x3 (buy two products of the brand, including creams or candles, get a 100ml capless perfume for free).

     

    cacio

    post #5 of 21

    99perfume.com has some Serge Lutens, etc. at a discount, and often has further special promotions if you sign up.

     

    Lilydirect.com has some Amouage, Lutens, Diptyque and others at a decent discount.

    post #6 of 21
    Not usually.
    post #7 of 21
    Just remembered. Henri Bendels in New York at times during the year has 20% & 25%, sales that apply to all the fragrances they sell, and once I was lucky to be there when they had a 30% off sale. It's based on how much you spend. That's how I got all my Histoires de Parfums bottles and Lubin bottles.I get a phone call from a rep in the fragrance department just prior to a sale that will be going on. Therefore, it happens, but rarely.
    post #8 of 21
    Remember Guerlain once held a 'Friends & Family Sale' like two or three years ago, where up to 80% off some perfumes from Les Parisiennes line (Ame d'Un Heros, Philtre d'Amour, Attrape - Couer, Vetiver pour Elle and Chamade pour Homme in pervious bee bottle) along with some makeup and skincare products.
    post #9 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by totaldominasian View Post

    I've been interested in several different colognes... mainly Aventus, Desert Marocain, Musc Ravageur, Guerlain Double Vanille, and some Tom Ford private blends. But these are usually sold in the online stores that always seem to exclude fragrances in their sales! I know going in on a group buy for decants is the cheapest way, but I was just wondering if there's ever an annual sale that includes the more expensive colognes.

    Aventus can be bought at a discount at nearly every online fragrance site. LDDM can sometimes be purchased at a 15%- 20% discount from MiN New York, but you'll need to join their mailing list.

    Don't forget to check the sales forum here for some of the colognes you're looking for, and of course eBay.

    One way to get a little discount is to go through eBates.com when you're buying fragrances at department stores that carry fragrances that the online discount places don't. At certain times of the year, you can find good "cash back" deals from eBates.com at places like Nieman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, etc.

    8% off of Tom Ford fragrances, for instance, isn't much, but it's better than nothing.
    post #10 of 21
    Just got a 100ml bottle of Amouage Epic Man from LilyDirect for under $200, they have a sale till the end of July, most of the good stuff is already out of stock, though. So while not common, it does happen. Keep an eye on the forums for coupon codes and special sales promotions.
    post #11 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post

    the facebook groups
    What are these Facebook groups you talk of? I have heard mention of them, but couldn't seem to find them. I live in the US is there are separate ones.
    post #12 of 21

    Like Hednic said, it does happen but it's like once in a blue moon and you have to "get lucky" and be at the right place at the right time or find out about it by someone in the know.  I know I prowl a lot trying to find some "classics" on sale and it just doesn't happen at least around here I think bigger cities are your best bet or watch the online shops carefully and find discounts


    Edited by Katana - 7/30/13 at 5:52am
    post #13 of 21

    The Perfume Shoppe in Scotsdale had an online program where you get redeemable points equal to 10% of your purchase price for use on future purchases.  It does add up and it's on all their fragrances.  

    post #14 of 21

    RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME

    post #15 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sophisticatedscent View Post

    The Perfume Shoppe in Scotsdale had an online program where you get redeemable points equal to 10% of your purchase price for use on future purchases.  It does add up and it's on all their fragrances.  
    Think they still have this if I'm not mistaken.
    post #16 of 21

    Try fragrancenet.

    post #17 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by williampaul1969 View Post


    What are these Facebook groups you talk of? I have heard mention of them, but couldn't seem to find them. I live in the US is there are separate ones.

    I too, would like to have the light turned on.  I have no clue what facebook groups there are, and what advantages there might be to joining them.  Is this some kind of secret society?  Hahahaha.  But really, I would like to know.  

    post #18 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markc View Post

    I too, would like to have the light turned on.  I have no clue what facebook groups there are, and what advantages there might be to joining them.  Is this some kind of secret society?  Hahahaha.  But really, I would like to know.  

     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by williampaul1969 

    7/29/13 at 9:21pm

    totaldominasian said:



    I've been interested in several different colognes... mainly Aventus, Desert Marocain, Musc Ravageur, Guerlain Double Vanille, and some Tom Ford private blends. But these are usually sold in the online stores that always seem to exclude fragrances in their sales! I know going in on a group buy for decants is the cheapest way, but I was just wondering if there's ever an annual sale that includes the more expensive colognes.

    7/29/13 at 9:29pm

    noirdrakkar said:



    the facebook groups

    7/29/13 at 9:33pm

    hednic said:



    Saks used to have special days I believe twice annually , forgot what they were called where in-store discounts applied even to fragrances at all levels. Don't know if they are still doing it.

    7/29/13 at 9:36pm

    cacio said:



    As you noticed, fancy department stores never discount cosmetics or perfumes. Very occasionally, they may have store offers (spend x dollars get a card for y dollars), but that's about it. One fancy brand that occasionally does discount is Bond no 9, which every year or two has a 2x3 (buy two products of the brand, including creams or candles, get a 100ml capless perfume for free).

     

    cacio

    7/29/13 at 9:44pm

    Picassoutine said:



    99perfume.com has some Serge Lutens, etc. at a discount, and often has further special promotions if you sign up.

     

    Lilydirect.com has some Amouage, Lutens, Diptyque and others at a decent discount.

    7/29/13 at 9:51pm

    hedonist222 said:



    Not usually.

    7/29/13 at 9:51pm

    hednic said:



    Just remembered. Henri Bendels in New York at times during the year has 20% & 25%, sales that apply to all the fragrances they sell, and once I was lucky to be there when they had a 30% off sale. It's based on how much you spend. That's how I got all my Histoires de Parfums bottles and Lubin bottles.I get a phone call from a rep in the fragrance department just prior to a sale that will be going on. Therefore, it happens, but rarely.

    7/29/13 at 10:12pm

    CX827 said:



    Remember Guerlain once held a 'Friends & Family Sale' like two or three years ago, where up to 80% off some perfumes from Les Parisiennes line (Ame d'Un Heros, Philtre d'Amour, Attrape - Couer, Vetiver pour Elle and Chamade pour Homme in pervious bee bottle) along with some makeup and skincare products.

    7/30/13 at 12:41am

    RedRaider430 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by totaldominasian View Post

    I've been interested in several different colognes... mainly Aventus, Desert Marocain, Musc Ravageur, Guerlain Double Vanille, and some Tom Ford private blends. But these are usually sold in the online stores that always seem to exclude fragrances in their sales! I know going in on a group buy for decants is the cheapest way, but I was just wondering if there's ever an annual sale that includes the more expensive colognes.

    Aventus can be bought at a discount at nearly every online fragrance site. LDDM can sometimes be purchased at a 15%- 20% discount from MiN New York, but you'll need to join their mailing list.

    Don't forget to check the sales forum here for some of the colognes you're looking for, and of course eBay.

    One way to get a little discount is to go through eBates.com when you're buying fragrances at department stores that carry fragrances that the online discount places don't. At certain times of the year, you can find good "cash back" deals from eBates.com at places like Nieman Marcus, Saks, Macy's, etc.

    8% off of Tom Ford fragrances, for instance, isn't much, but it's better than nothing.

    7/30/13 at 1:00am

    remik said:



    Just got a 100ml bottle of Amouage Epic Man from LilyDirect for under $200, they have a sale till the end of July, most of the good stuff is already out of stock, though. So while not common, it does happen. Keep an eye on the forums for coupon codes and special sales promotions.

    7/30/13 at 3:59am

    williampaul1969 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post

    the facebook groups
    What are these Facebook groups you talk of? I have heard mention of them, but couldn't seem to find them. I live in the US is there are separate ones.

    7/30/13 at 5:29am

    Katana said:



    Like Hednic said, it does happen but it's like once in a blue moon and you have to "get lucky" and be at the right place at the right time or find out about it by someone in the know.  I know I prowl a lot trying to find some "classics" on sale and it just doesn't happen at least around here I think bigger cities are your best bet or watch the online shops carefully and find discounts


    Edited by Katana - 7/30/13 at 5:52am

    7/30/13 at 5:46am

    sophisticatedscent said:



    The Perfume Shoppe in Scotsdale had an online program where you get redeemable points equal to 10% of your purchase price for use on future purchases.  It does add up and it's on all their fragrances.  

    7/30/13 at 9:49am

    Tony T said:



    RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME

    7/30/13 at 9:53am

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sophisticatedscent View Post

    The Perfume Shoppe in Scotsdale had an online program where you get redeemable points equal to 10% of your purchase price for use on future purchases.  It does add up and it's on all their fragrances.  
    Think they still have this if I'm not mistaken.

    7/30/13 at 1:59pm

    sjg3839 said:



    Try fragrancenet.

    7/30/13 at 2:15pm

    markc said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by williampaul1969 View Post


    What are these Facebook groups you talk of? I have heard mention of them, but couldn't seem to find them. I live in the US is there are separate ones.

    I too, would like to have the light turned on.  I have no clue what facebook groups there are, and what advantages there might be to joining them.  Is this some kind of secret society?  Hahahaha.  But really, I would like to know.  

    7/30/13 at 2:34pm

    papillo said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markc View Post

    I too, would like to have the light turned on.  I have no clue what facebook groups there are, and what advantages there might be to joining them.  Is this some kind of secret society?  Hahahaha.  But really, I would like to know.  

     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by williampaul1969