Creed suggestions

    Creed suggestions

    post #1 of 17
    Thread Starter 
    I've been really interested in creed fragrances and I just got a sample of aventus. I really like it I think it smells woody and fruity which I really like. But before I make that big of an investment I was wondering if I should try any other creeds. I'm 19 so I would like something that smells my age and is fresh. Is there anything else or is aventus the best? I was thinking about ordering a GIT sample but I know it's not really a unique smell...
    post #2 of 17
    GIT
    MI
    Royal Oud
    Epicea
    post #3 of 17

    GIT or Original Vetiver for starters.

    post #4 of 17

    GIT, Millesime Imperial which is fruity and amazing, and if you want to shell out the big bucks, Jardin D'Amalfi which I am really enjoying.

    post #5 of 17
    Thread Starter 

    I might just buy the aventus I sprayed a little on my wrist earlier and I cant stop smelling it. It's probably the best I've ever smelled. Also is it true that MI has longevity issues because that's the only reason I haven't tried it yet?

    post #6 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin1234 View Post

    I might just buy the aventus I sprayed a little on my wrist earlier and I cant stop smelling it. It's probably the best I've ever smelled. Also is it true that MI has longevity issues because that's the only reason I haven't tried it yet?
    I personally haven't had the longevity issues that others have spoken about concerning MI. In any case, Aventus is very nice. If you like it, get it.
    post #7 of 17
    MI would work well for your age IMO.
    post #8 of 17
    I'd go with Aventus.
    post #9 of 17
    If you're 19, you want silver mountain water. GIT is a little too mature for you. MI would also be your speed, its somewhat youthful
    post #10 of 17

    Sample Silver Mountain Water and Virgin Island Water.

     

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Preston H View Post

    GIT is a little too mature for you. 

     

    not at all.

    post #11 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post

    not at all.
    You're saying no, but your choices say you agree laugh.gif
    post #12 of 17

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin1234 View Post

    I'm 19 so I would like something that smells my age and is fresh. Is there anything else or is aventus the best? I was thinking about ordering a GIT sample but I know it's not really a unique smell...

     

    GIT isn't a bad option at all but it takes a while to appreciate it. Took me a good year before I went bonkers over it. My first was Original Vetiver, so you may want to try that as it's also a 'fresh' Creed as you say. Don't know whether Silver Mountain Water or MI are also advisable here - I personally don't like SMW but MI is superb in the summer heat.

    post #13 of 17
    Thread Starter 
    Does MI smell manly enough since I know it is a unisex fragrance?
    post #14 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin1234 View Post

    Does MI smell manly enough since I know it is a unisex fragrance?
    IMO Yes.
    post #15 of 17

    Once you smell Aventus the rest will be disappointing and i am a huge fan of their other scents as well. I'm just an Aventus nuthugger. 

    post #16 of 17

    Royal Water may also be worth testing. 

    post #17 of 17
    Aventus is by far the best but try Royal Oud. I tried a few creeds today, MI, vetiver, GIT to name a few and none really grabbed me until I smelled Royal Oud.

    It's masculine without being overpowering and I can still easily smell it 7 hours later.

    Although, saying all the above, I've got Tom Ford Extreme on the other arm and its still going stronger than RO and I'm both my wife's and my opinion the Tom Ford smells better.

    I love Tom Ford for men but it doesn't last long, in fact it's pretty poor longevity. Tom Ford Extreme hits the nail on the head for me.

    If you are UK based, cheap smells is doing Royal Oud for £120.
    class="

    7/30/13 at 1:27pm

    Justin1234 said:



    I've been really interested in creed fragrances and I just got a sample of aventus. I really like it I think it smells woody and fruity which I really like. But before I make that big of an investment I was wondering if I should try any other creeds. I'm 19 so I would like something that smells my age and is fresh. Is there anything else or is aventus the best? I was thinking about ordering a GIT sample but I know it's not really a unique smell...

    7/30/13 at 1:31pm

    hednic said:



    GIT
    MI
    Royal Oud
    Epicea

    7/30/13 at 1:45pm

    sjg3839 said:



    GIT or Original Vetiver for starters.

    7/30/13 at 4:37pm

    Willanhanyard said:



    GIT, Millesime Imperial which is fruity and amazing, and if you want to shell out the big bucks, Jardin D'Amalfi which I am really enjoying.

    7/30/13 at 5:07pm

    Justin1234 said:



    I might just buy the aventus I sprayed a little on my wrist earlier and I cant stop smelling it. It's probably the best I've ever smelled. Also is it true that MI has longevity issues because that's the only reason I haven't tried it yet?

    7/30/13 at 5:16pm

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin1234 View Post

    I might just buy the aventus I sprayed a little on my wrist earlier and I cant stop smelling it. It's probably the best I've ever smelled. Also is it true that MI has longevity issues because that's the only reason I haven't tried it yet?
    I personally haven't had the longevity issues that others have spoken about concerning MI. In any case, Aventus is very nice. If you like it, get it.

    7/30/13 at 7:58pm

    williampaul1969 said:



    MI would work well for your age IMO.

    7/30/13 at 8:45pm

    JiveHippo said:



    I'd go with Aventus.

    7/30/13 at 9:16pm

    Preston H said:



    If you're 19, you want silver mountain water. GIT is a little too mature for you. MI would also be your speed, its somewhat youthful

    7/31/13 at 12:06am

    noirdrakkar said:



    Sample Silver Mountain Water and Virgin Island Water.

     

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Preston H View Post

    GIT is a little too mature for you. 

     

    not at all.

    7/31/13 at 1:13am

    Preston H said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post

    not at all.
    You're saying no, but your choices say you agree laugh.gif

    7/31/13 at 7:22am

    rum said:




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin1234 View Post

    I'm 19 so I would like something that smells my age and is fresh. Is there anything else or is aventus the best? I was thinking about ordering a GIT sample but I know it's not really a unique smell...

     

    GIT isn't a bad option at all but it takes a while to appreciate it. Took me a good year before I went bonkers over it. My first was Original Vetiver, so you may want to try that as it's also a 'fresh' Creed as you say. Don't know whether Silver Mountain Water or MI are also advisable here - I personally don't like SMW but MI is superb in the summer heat.

    7/31/13 at 3:01pm

    Justin1234 said:



    Does MI smell manly enough since I know it is a unisex fragrance?

    7/31/13 at 4:13pm

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin1234 View Post

    Does MI smell manly enough since I know it is a unisex fragrance?
    IMO Yes.

    8/2/13 at 7:23am

    Van Buren Boy said:



    Once you smell Aventus the rest will be disappointing and i am a huge fan of their other scents as well. I'm just an Aventus nuthugger. 

    8/2/13 at 9:21am

    Ken_Russell said:



    Royal Water may also be worth testing. 

    8/2/13 at 9:55am

    NewbieNose said:



    Aventus is by far the best but try Royal Oud. I tried a few creeds today, MI, vetiver, GIT to name a few and none really grabbed me until I smelled Royal Oud.

    It's masculine without being overpowering and I can still easily smell it 7 hours later.

    Although, saying all the above, I've got Tom Ford Extreme on the other arm and its still going stronger than RO and I'm both my wife's and my opinion the Tom Ford smells better.

    I love Tom Ford for men but it doesn't last long, in fact it's pretty poor longevity. Tom Ford Extreme hits the nail on the head for me.

    If you are UK based, cheap smells is doing Royal Oud for £120.