Turkish Airlines now scented, smells of trust, peace, happiness, serenity and pleasure

    Turkish Airlines now scented, smells of trust, peace, happiness, serenity and pleasure

    post #1 of 18
    Thread Starter 

    From turkishairlines.com:

    "Today, Turkish Airlines introduced the fragrance “TK 1933” that will be yet another tool used to take the airline’s brand to another level while helping the company achieve its targets for 2023. The fragrance is intended to provide a sensory recognition of the global branding of Turkish Airlines and to bring a sense of relaxation and happiness.

    “TK 1933”, a fragrance created by the international perfume company, MG Gülçiçek, has been introduced as the designated branded fragrance that will be used in Turkish Airlines' VIP/CIP Lounges, ticket sales offices, inside the aircraft, and for other corporate purposes.

    The name “TK 1933” was chosen as a tribute to the year that Turkish Airlines was founded.

    In March 2013, the research company Milward Brown carried out a quantitative research test on the two scents that were selected as the finalists. The scent “TK 1933” was chosen from two different fragrances that survived a 15-month process encompassing research, development and production processes as well as fragrance testing with customers carried out on Turkish Airlines’ corporate premises.

    That research was particularly striking because of the discovery that the scent produced feelings of trust, peace, happiness, serenity and pleasure."

    --------

    And what does it smell like? Bah, that's not important enough to mention in the article.

    I know one other airline that do this kind of aroma branding and that's Singapore Airline. They have developed a fragrance called Stefan Floridian Waters, used in their hot towels and worn by the flight attendants. Can't find out what that smells like either. Anyone who's flown SA noticed the smell?

    post #2 of 18

    Interesting - thanks for posting this up. Seems like a new have of "celebrity fragrances" coming our way soon... Is this going to be the new fashion for the decade ahead?

    post #3 of 18
    If it masks some of the other undesirable smells on board this airline or any other, I'm all for it.
    post #4 of 18
    Fly Emirates.
    post #5 of 18
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicView Post

    If it masks some of the other undesirable smells on board this airline or any other, I'm all for it.


    That reminds me; years ago I flew with Russian Aeroflot. When the passengers were seated there was this "whoosh" and the cabin filled with white smoke that smelled of mint. It evaporated quickly but I felt a bit disturbed when I saw that wall of smoke come rolling towards me. Nobody had announced that we are now going to smoke up the cabin to freshen y'all up! Never seen that kind of refreshing system anywhere else.

    post #6 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hedonist222View Post

    Fly Emirates.

    Hedonist- you know, I love the smell of the little disposable hand wipes Emirates gives out. It's an uplifting citrus plus something else but mostly uplifting citrus.If I could have that smell in a perfume, I would buy it.

    post #7 of 18
    This is really cool. I would love for this type of branding to be used in other areas too. I wish my workplace had its own scent.
    post #8 of 18
    I wish more airlines would do this---better yet, I wish it would become a trend on public transportation. ....then again, maybe not. I could imagine every subway car smelling of thin vanilla or car-freshener strawberry....
    post #9 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by furrypineView Post


    That reminds me; years ago I flew with Russian Aeroflot. When the passengers were seated there was this "whoosh" and the cabin filled with white smoke that smelled of mint. It evaporated quickly but I felt a bit disturbed when I saw that wall of smoke come rolling towards me. Nobody had announced that we are now going to smoke up the cabin to freshen y'all up! Never seen that kind of refreshing system anywhere else.

    It was probably a fumigation attempt!

    post #10 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lppView Post

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by furrypineView Post


    That reminds me; years ago I flew with Russian Aeroflot. When the passengers were seated there was this "whoosh" and the cabin filled with white smoke that smelled of mint. It evaporated quickly but I felt a bit disturbed when I saw that wall of smoke come rolling towards me. Nobody had announced that we are now going to smoke up the cabin to freshen y'all up! Never seen that kind of refreshing system anywhere else.

    It was probably a fumigation attempt!

    +1 - quite alarming. Quantas used to do that on arrival in Australia - do they still practice that ?? I dunno and haven't flown Quantas for years .

    Honestly, if you know what scent is used in those Emirates hand wipes Hedonist- let me know . I even thought of asking the stewardess for a few more to keep but didn't dare.

    post #11 of 18

    I flew Qantas last year, and I don't recall an actual fumigation, lol, but it did smell very nice when we boarded, and the clean, spa-like scent lasted, so I assumed it was their own air-freshener. I didn't think to sniff a flight attendant.wink.gif

    British Airways has a signature-scent in their cabins, too.

    post #12 of 18

    Singapore Airlines smells good too - some kind of generic fresh floral -citrus thing . I am sure they would not like me saying that .laugh.gifAlso I now know how to spell Qantas .... *LOL* hahaha

    Evangeline- it's very interesting to sniff stewards and stewardesses on boring long haul flights. They are always around scents with all that duty free etc.

    So far I have only smelt two prominent scents - Coco Mademoiselle ( confirmed by stewardess ) and Chloe by Chloe - new one - no need to confirm that one as it sticks out a mile.

    post #13 of 18

    ^^ Yep. I've always figured it was okay to wear fragrance on flights simply because theydo it, and it can be strong, too! Well, not always, but the last time I was on a long flight one stewardess smelled sooooo good every time she passed, and it had a fair amount of sillage but it wasn't at all over-bearing, so I asked what it was and was shocked when she said it was JPG Classique. I would have never guessed that - I've never experienced it smelling so wonderful! But I really couldn't believe she thought it was close-quarters appropriate, lol! I usually go for fragrances like Bel Respiro or Eau des Merveilles for flights ...I want to be scented, but it needs to be a "safe" one.

    And it does seem pretty strange to type a q without following it with a u.wink.gif

    post #14 of 18

    Azzaro won't be happy about this. I think they were trying to have a monopoly on air travel inspired fragrances. rolleyes.gif

    post #15 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EvangelineView Post

    I flew Qantas last year, and I don't recall an actual fumigation, lol, but it did smell very nice when we boarded, and the clean, spa-like scent lasted, so I assumed it was their own air-freshener. I didn't think to sniff a flight attendant.wink.gif

    British Airways has a signature-scent in their cabins, too.

    It would be a first for Qantas if they stop having all those technical issues, let alone start to smell nice!!

    BA use Elemis products in the business cabins, but wasn't aware of any fragrance as such. They are always clean and fresh aircraft mind you.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mimi GardeniaView Post

    Singapore Airlines smells good too - some kind of generic fresh floral -citrus thing . I am sure they would not like me saying that .laugh.gifAlso I now know how to spell Qantas .... *LOL* hahaha

    It's really time I flew Singapore Airlines, I think!!

    post #16 of 18

    Japan Airlines had Shiseido products - before their financial problems. I really missed them on the flights afterwards.

    I have also flown Aeroflot at different times, I guess I was lucky as they never used that "fumigation". (Some years ago they joined the Sky Team alliance with Air France and KLM.)

    8/8/13 at 3:40am

    furrypine said:



    From turkishairlines.com:

    "Today, Turkish Airlines introduced the fragrance “TK 1933” that will be yet another tool used to take the airline’s brand to another level while helping the company achieve its targets for 2023. The fragrance is intended to provide a sensory recognition of the global branding of Turkish Airlines and to bring a sense of relaxation and happiness.

    “TK 1933”, a fragrance created by the international perfume company, MG Gülçiçek, has been introduced as the designated branded fragrance that will be used in Turkish Airlines' VIP/CIP Lounges, ticket sales offices, inside the aircraft, and for other corporate purposes.

    The name “TK 1933” was chosen as a tribute to the year that Turkish Airlines was founded.

    In March 2013, the research company Milward Brown carried out a quantitative research test on the two scents that were selected as the finalists. The scent “TK 1933” was chosen from two different fragrances that survived a 15-month process encompassing research, development and production processes as well as fragrance testing with customers carried out on Turkish Airlines’ corporate premises.

    That research was particularly striking because of the discovery that the scent produced feelings of trust, peace, happiness, serenity and pleasure."

    --------

    And what does it smell like? Bah, that's not important enough to mention in the article.

    I know one other airline that do this kind of aroma branding and that's Singapore Airline. They have developed a fragrance called Stefan Floridian Waters, used in their hot towels and worn by the flight attendants. Can't find out what that smells like either. Anyone who's flown SA noticed the smell?

    8/8/13 at 4:04am

    rum said:



    Interesting - thanks for posting this up. Seems like a new have of "celebrity fragrances" coming our way soon... Is this going to be the new fashion for the decade ahead?

    8/8/13 at 5:49am

    hednic said:



    If it masks some of the other undesirable smells on board this airline or any other, I'm all for it.

    8/8/13 at 6:02am

    hedonist222 said:



    Fly Emirates.

    8/8/13 at 6:44am

    furrypine said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicView Post

    If it masks some of the other undesirable smells on board this airline or any other, I'm all for it.


    That reminds me; years ago I flew with Russian Aeroflot. When the passengers were seated there was this "whoosh" and the cabin filled with white smoke that smelled of mint. It evaporated quickly but I felt a bit disturbed when I saw that wall of smoke come rolling towards me. Nobody had announced that we are now going to smoke up the cabin to freshen y'all up! Never seen that kind of refreshing system anywhere else.

    8/8/13 at 7:19am

    Mimi Gardenia said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hedonist222View Post

    Fly Emirates.

    Hedonist- you know, I love the smell of the little disposable hand wipes Emirates gives out. It's an uplifting citrus plus something else but mostly uplifting citrus.If I could have that smell in a perfume, I would buy it.

    8/8/13 at 8:04am

    williampaul1969 said:



    This is really cool. I would love for this type of branding to be used in other areas too. I wish my workplace had its own scent.

    8/8/13 at 8:09am

    edshepp said:



    I wish more airlines would do this---better yet, I wish it would become a trend on public transportation. ....then again, maybe not. I could imagine every subway car smelling of thin vanilla or car-freshener strawberry....

    8/8/13 at 12:27pm

    lpp said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by furrypineView Post


    That reminds me; years ago I flew with Russian Aeroflot. When the passengers were seated there was this "whoosh" and the cabin filled with white smoke that smelled of mint. It evaporated quickly but I felt a bit disturbed when I saw that wall of smoke come rolling towards me. Nobody had announced that we are now going to smoke up the cabin to freshen y'all up! Never seen that kind of refreshing system anywhere else.

    It was probably a fumigation attempt!

    8/8/13 at 2:01pm

    Mimi Gardenia said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lppView Post

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by furrypineView Post


    That reminds me; years ago I flew with Russian Aeroflot. When the passengers were seated there was this "whoosh" and the cabin filled with white smoke that smelled of mint. It evaporated quickly but I felt a bit disturbed when I saw that wall of smoke come rolling towards me. Nobody had announced that we are now going to smoke up the cabin to freshen y'all up! Never seen that kind of refreshing system anywhere else.

    It was probably a fumigation attempt!

    +1 - quite alarming. Quantas used to do that on arrival in Australia - do they still practice that ?? I dunno and haven't flown Quantas for years .

    Honestly, if you know what scent is used in those Emirates hand wipes Hedonist- let me know . I even thought of asking the stewardess for a few more to keep but didn't dare.

    8/8/13 at 2:12pm

    Evangeline said:



    I flew Qantas last year, and I don't recall an actual fumigation, lol, but it did smell very nice when we boarded, and the clean, spa-like scent lasted, so I assumed it was their own air-freshener. I didn't think to sniff a flight attendant.wink.gif

    British Airways has a signature-scent in their cabins, too.

    8/8/13 at 2:18pm

    Mimi Gardenia said:



    Singapore Airlines smells good too - some kind of generic fresh floral -citrus thing . I am sure they would not like me saying that .laugh.gifAlso I now know how to spell Qantas .... *LOL* hahaha

    Evangeline- it's very interesting to sniff stewards and stewardesses on boring long haul flights. They are always around scents with all that duty free etc.

    So far I have only smelt two prominent scents - Coco Mademoiselle ( confirmed by stewardess ) and Chloe by Chloe - new one - no need to confirm that one as it sticks out a mile.

    8/8/13 at 2:34pm

    Evangeline said:



    ^^ Yep. I've always figured it was okay to wear fragrance on flights simply because theydo it, and it can be strong, too! Well, not always, but the last time I was on a long flight one stewardess smelled sooooo good every time she passed, and it had a fair amount of sillage but it wasn't at all over-bearing, so I asked what it was and was shocked when she said it was JPG Classique. I would have never guessed that - I've never experienced it smelling so wonderful! But I really couldn't believe she thought it was close-quarters appropriate, lol! I usually go for fragrances like Bel Respiro or Eau des Merveilles for flights ...I want to be scented, but it needs to be a "safe" one.

    And it does seem pretty strange to type a q without following it with a u.wink.gif

    8/8/13 at 3:19pm

    Surfacing said:



    Azzaro won't be happy about this. I think they were trying to have a monopoly on air travel inspired fragrances. rolleyes.gif

    8/9/13 at 1:45am

    rum said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EvangelineView Post

    I flew Qantas last year, and I don't recall an actual fumigation, lol, but it did smell very nice when we boarded, and the clean, spa-like scent lasted, so I assumed it was their own air-freshener. I didn't think to sniff a flight attendant.wink.gif

    British Airways has a signature-scent in their cabins, too.

    It would be a first for Qantas if they stop having all those technical issues, let alone start to smell nice!!

    BA use Elemis products in the business cabins, but wasn't aware of any fragrance as such. They are always clean and fresh aircraft mind you.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mimi GardeniaView Post

    Singapore Airlines smells good too - some kind of generic fresh floral -citrus thing . I am sure they would not like me saying that .laugh.gifAlso I now know how to spell Qantas .... *LOL* hahaha

    It's really time I flew Singapore Airlines, I think!!

    8/9/13 at 6:57am

    citypark said:



    Japan Airlines had Shiseido products - before their financial problems. I really missed them on the flights afterwards.

    I have also flown Aeroflot at different times, I guess I was lucky as they never used that "fumigation". (Some years ago they joined the Sky Team alliance with Air France and KLM.)





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000