Non aquatic "sport" powerhouse?

    Non aquatic "sport" powerhouse?

    post #1 of 16
    Thread Starter 

    I'm looking for a non aquatic "sport" powerhouse with an old school feel to it, any recommendations?

    Perhaps something in the line of Dunhill Edition or the excellent and discontinued Sport de Paco Rabanne.

    post #2 of 16

    Aquaman by Rochas maybe- not really old school but diff than most aquatic/sport frag's

    post #3 of 16

    Horizon by Guy Laroche

    Original, strong, projecting, fresh, sporty with a herbal touch and nothing like any other fragrance.

    (see also the reviews on this fragrance)

    post #4 of 16
    Thread Starter 

    Thank you guys! How about Lacoste Original (1984)? I have seen this for sale online, but I thought it was discontinued.

    post #5 of 16

    Lacoste Original is a very fresh old school woody aromatic (citrus) fragrance which I own and like.

    I always layer the edt with Cool Wave aftershave which is also very citric and mossy.

    Here my review I once wrote:

    This is indeed a simple citrus scent of the '80 that smells clean and fresh with a mossy base.
    It starts out with lots of lemon which fade after 20 mins and are joined by some flowery stuff before the mainly cedar and moss take over for the drydown. It has some similarities to YSL pour homme (little sour citrus) and even Gillette Cool Wave aftershave for the mossy drydown! This is though weaker than the YSL and has less going on. I see this fragrance more as a very strong aftershave (like Cool Wave) that lasts for a good 3-4 hrs before it fades; it has for me that fresh vibe that a good aftershave gives me. Sillage is average to close to the skin. Best to use during spring and summer for its fresh sensation.
    Very good fragrance if you want to smell fresh and masculine for a few hours the '80s way!
    Thumbs up! Rated: 7.5/10

    post #6 of 16
    Thread Starter 

    How aboutLancome Tropheeand Joop Nightflight,any input on these?

    I wishHugo Boss Sport(1987)was still in production...


    Edited by Rubirosa - 8/11/13 at 4:33am
    post #7 of 16

    And Lacoste Original is not discontinued! Eg. in Belgium it is in the stores for sale and online u also can buy it everyhwere here!

    post #8 of 16

    Joop Nightflight is maybe the strongest fresh fragrance I own (especially the opening) and lasts 10 hrs with ok sillage (especially first 2 hours) very masculine drydown also. It doesn't smell particularly dated to me. I like it a lot! Plz read the reviews for a better perspective. Some say it's a heavier, fresher and fruitier Cool Water like fragrance with better sillage and longevity. To me Nightflight is a little more mature smelling.

    post #9 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlayerizedView Post

    Joop Nightflight is maybe the strongest fresh fragrance I own (especially the opening) and lasts 10 hrs with ok sillage (especially first 2 hours) very masculine drydown also. It doesn't smell particularly dated to me. I like it a lot! Plz read the reviews for a better perspective. Some say it's a heavier, fresher and fruitier Cool Water like fragrance with better sillage and longevity. To me Nightflight is a little more mature smelling.


    Nightflight is a gorgeous fragrance, very underrated!

    post #10 of 16

    Royal Copenhagen Sport is nothing like it's big brother but has good longevity and is better than most of today's sport fragrances.

    post #11 of 16

    Joop! Nightflight, Aramis New West for Himand Kouros Cologne Sport are definitely among my picks.

    however the king is Fahrenheit!!!!!!!

    post #12 of 16

    I guess you mean Fahrenheit 'Aqua'?

    post #13 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlayerizedView Post

    I guess you mean Fahrenheit 'Aqua'?
    No, the original one I mean.
    I know many do not admit but to me Fahrenheit is that versatile and complex which can be used in EVERY occasion...
    post #14 of 16

    Yes, maybe so (for you) but the OP asked for a 'sporty' powerhouse and the structure etc. of Fahrenheit is everything but sporty............

    post #15 of 16
    Thread Starter 

    Does someone know where I can buyLacoste Original100 ml online with shipping to Sweden?

    I just got Lancome Trophee (20 year anniversary bottle) and it smells good, but it's not very powerful.

    post #16 of 16

    German Amazon (www.amazon.de) but it's very expensive!

    Here (NL) you can get it online pretty cheap but they do not send abroad.

    class="

    8/9/13 at 11:47am

    Rubirosa said:



    I'm looking for a non aquatic "sport" powerhouse with an old school feel to it, any recommendations?

    Perhaps something in the line of Dunhill Edition or the excellent and discontinued Sport de Paco Rabanne.

    8/9/13 at 12:57pm

    Tony T said:



    Aquaman by Rochas maybe- not really old school but diff than most aquatic/sport frag's

    8/10/13 at 4:30am

    Slayerized said:



    Horizon by Guy Laroche

    Original, strong, projecting, fresh, sporty with a herbal touch and nothing like any other fragrance.

    (see also the reviews on this fragrance)

    8/10/13 at 11:36am

    Rubirosa said:



    Thank you guys! How about Lacoste Original (1984)? I have seen this for sale online, but I thought it was discontinued.

    8/10/13 at 12:17pm

    Slayerized said:



    Lacoste Original is a very fresh old school woody aromatic (citrus) fragrance which I own and like.

    I always layer the edt with Cool Wave aftershave which is also very citric and mossy.

    Here my review I once wrote:

    This is indeed a simple citrus scent of the '80 that smells clean and fresh with a mossy base.
    It starts out with lots of lemon which fade after 20 mins and are joined by some flowery stuff before the mainly cedar and moss take over for the drydown. It has some similarities to YSL pour homme (little sour citrus) and even Gillette Cool Wave aftershave for the mossy drydown! This is though weaker than the YSL and has less going on. I see this fragrance more as a very strong aftershave (like Cool Wave) that lasts for a good 3-4 hrs before it fades; it has for me that fresh vibe that a good aftershave gives me. Sillage is average to close to the skin. Best to use during spring and summer for its fresh sensation.
    Very good fragrance if you want to smell fresh and masculine for a few hours the '80s way!
    Thumbs up! Rated: 7.5/10

    8/10/13 at 12:46pm

    Rubirosa said:



    How aboutLancome Tropheeand Joop Nightflight,any input on these?

    I wishHugo Boss Sport(1987)was still in production...


    Edited by Rubirosa - 8/11/13 at 4:33am

    8/10/13 at 12:49pm

    Slayerized said:



    And Lacoste Original is not discontinued! Eg. in Belgium it is in the stores for sale and online u also can buy it everyhwere here!

    8/15/13 at 6:38am

    Slayerized said:



    Joop Nightflight is maybe the strongest fresh fragrance I own (especially the opening) and lasts 10 hrs with ok sillage (especially first 2 hours) very masculine drydown also. It doesn't smell particularly dated to me. I like it a lot! Plz read the reviews for a better perspective. Some say it's a heavier, fresher and fruitier Cool Water like fragrance with better sillage and longevity. To me Nightflight is a little more mature smelling.

    8/18/13 at 8:58am

    cmr80sPH said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlayerizedView Post

    Joop Nightflight is maybe the strongest fresh fragrance I own (especially the opening) and lasts 10 hrs with ok sillage (especially first 2 hours) very masculine drydown also. It doesn't smell particularly dated to me. I like it a lot! Plz read the reviews for a better perspective. Some say it's a heavier, fresher and fruitier Cool Water like fragrance with better sillage and longevity. To me Nightflight is a little more mature smelling.


    Nightflight is a gorgeous fragrance, very underrated!

    8/26/13 at 7:58pm

    Swanky said:



    Royal Copenhagen Sport is nothing like it's big brother but has good longevity and is better than most of today's sport fragrances.

    8/31/13 at 4:56pm

    nfn1983 said:



    Joop! Nightflight, Aramis New West for Himand Kouros Cologne Sport are definitely among my picks.

    however the king is Fahrenheit!!!!!!!

    8/31/13 at 5:32pm

    Slayerized said:



    I guess you mean Fahrenheit 'Aqua'?

    8/31/13 at 11:15pm

    nfn1983 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlayerizedView Post

    I guess you mean Fahrenheit 'Aqua'?
    No, the original one I mean.
    I know many do not admit but to me Fahrenheit is that versatile and complex which can be used in EVERY occasion...

    9/1/13 at 2:39am

    Slayerized said:



    Yes, maybe so (for you) but the OP asked for a 'sporty' powerhouse and the structure etc. of Fahrenheit is everything but sporty............

    9/5/13 at 11:41am

    Rubirosa said:



    Does someone know where I can buyLacoste Original100 ml online with shipping to Sweden?

    I just got Lancome Trophee (20 year anniversary bottle) and it smells good, but it's not very powerful.

    9/5/13 at 12:19pm

    Slayerized said:



    German Amazon (www.amazon.de) but it's very expensive!

    Here (NL) you can get it online pretty cheap but they do not send abroad.





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000