Orange Blossom Fragrance that lasts?

    Orange Blossom Fragrance that lasts?

    post #1 of 63
    Thread Starter 

    I find I love the scent of SL Fleurs d'oranger, however, it doesn't seem to have staying power.  Does anyone know of a scent with the natural orange blossom frangrance that lasts longer?

    post #2 of 63

    The problem is that citrus is a top note -- it won't last in any fragrance. You might take a look at Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino which smashes together orange blossom with neroli, bitter orange, lemon etc. over an amber base. It still has poor longevity, but for a citrus, it's one of the more durable ones.

    post #3 of 63

    This might be not the orange blossom tone you`re looking for, but in Narcisse Noir parfum or vintage NN it lasts and lasts. It`s combined there with some quite heavy oriental-notes (that smell a bit like nag champa sticks) so it`s a different story though; at least to the SL or the TF. But I detect orange blossom there at least to the middle stage, which means for hours. If applied lightly this goes quite well on a man. Please excuse me guys if this doesn`t fit to what`s been mentioned until now. Just liked to throw in an old controversial classic. :-) 

    post #4 of 63

    ... Eau de Gentiane Blanche (Hermès) could fit the bill a little better. It`s like Deadidol mentions with the Tom Ford I guess. Have tried Neroli Portofino only once.

    post #5 of 63
    Seville a'Laube but theres more than OB going in in there.

    Otherwise Sweet Redemption is phenomenal and lasts eons.
    post #6 of 63
    And Kobe - Xerjoff.

    A pillar in the genre.
    post #7 of 63
    I get great (+10 hours) from APOM Pour Homme.

    Although I know it doesn't always have good longevity in others so sample first, just really works on my skin for some reason. I'm not complaining... smile.gif
    post #8 of 63
    That's fortunate for you Mick. APOM is excellent but I only get a few hours.


    But do you mean 10 hours of longevity or protection?
    post #9 of 63
    Probably about 6 of projection and another 4 of airborne whiffs (ie not having to sniff skin)


    But I get about 2 hours from Lumiere Noire, and is gone. And this has a good rep for longevity...?

    I must have mutant skin... Lol
    post #10 of 63
    Lumiere noir PH ha is known to have terrible longevity.
    barely lasts 3 hours.

    not that that's how to assess a composition.
    post #11 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

    Lumiere noir PH ha is known to have terrible longevity.
    barely lasts 3 hours.

    So it's not just me then.. Good to know.

    And agree it's a beautiful composition.
    post #12 of 63
    Feuilles & Fleurs d'Oranger by Galimard
    post #13 of 63

    Sadly, Amouage Homage is now a long lasting orange blossom. Great as an orange blossom, but only as that. And I second Eule's idea of the Carons. Actually, the current stuff may even be better for the purpose of orange blossom, because the current perfumer loves it and has removed the old complex bases. So Narcisse Noir, in its current form, is  a clean orange blossom without the nag champa base.

     

    cacio

    post #14 of 63
    Thread Starter 

    These all sound interesting, but at the risk of sounding like I don't enjoy the masculine fragrances, are any of these particularly feminine?  

    post #15 of 63
    of the three I mentioned, they're skewed towards definite, if anything
    post #16 of 63

    Hi danieq ! I own the Hermès which I use a lot & the vintage Narcisse I use from time to time. I think the very most People would call the latter a feminine perfume; the former unisex. In the Hermès, which is dry & a little austere I personally detect more masculine elements. This is the reason why I like it very much when my girl wears it. And she likes it, when I wear the Narcisse (e.g. on a heavy leather jacket). This scent has a heady, slightly indolic quality. We both detect something bizarre & "poisonous" in this perfume, think flowers like a "Datura". As you can see, I don`t give too much about gender. But if you mean something deep and unconventional & without any "clichĂ©e" - both scents definitely are.

     

    ((Hi cacio !! Thanks for your satement about NN. I`m nag champa kind of guy and luckily have stocked up. The new NN is something totally different, but nice in it`s own way, I find.)) 

    post #17 of 63

    Mont Blanc Individuel

    post #18 of 63

    I've been on the hunt as well.  I've tried the following:

    • Atelier Orange Sanguine
    • Hermes Concentree D'Orange
    • Hermes Orange Vert
    • Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    • Jo Malone Orange Blossom
    • Atelier Grand Neroli
    • Hermes Mandarin
    • AdP Arancia

     

    All have their pros & cons, but none offer a lasting orange scent.

    As someone else said, it's just the nature of orange to fade fast

     

    Of the above, my faves 

    AdP Arancia

    Atelier Orange Sanguine

    Neroli Portofino

     

    The most feminine scent would be the Mandarin.  Try Jo Malone's Orange Blossom - more of a honeysuckle scent than orange, but it's female friendly

    8/9/13 at 7:46pm

    danieq said:



    I find I love the scent of SL Fleurs d'oranger, however, it doesn't seem to have staying power.  Does anyone know of a scent with the natural orange blossom frangrance that lasts longer?

    8/9/13 at 10:50pm

    deadidol said:



    The problem is that citrus is a top note -- it won't last in any fragrance. You might take a look at Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino which smashes together orange blossom with neroli, bitter orange, lemon etc. over an amber base. It still has poor longevity, but for a citrus, it's one of the more durable ones.

    8/9/13 at 11:29pm

    Eule said:



    This might be not the orange blossom tone you`re looking for, but in Narcisse Noir parfum or vintage NN it lasts and lasts. It`s combined there with some quite heavy oriental-notes (that smell a bit like nag champa sticks) so it`s a different story though; at least to the SL or the TF. But I detect orange blossom there at least to the middle stage, which means for hours. If applied lightly this goes quite well on a man. Please excuse me guys if this doesn`t fit to what`s been mentioned until now. Just liked to throw in an old controversial classic. :-) 

    8/9/13 at 11:44pm

    Eule said:



    ... Eau de Gentiane Blanche (Hermès) could fit the bill a little better. It`s like Deadidol mentions with the Tom Ford I guess. Have tried Neroli Portofino only once.

    8/10/13 at 1:50am

    hedonist222 said:



    Seville a'Laube but theres more than OB going in in there.

    Otherwise Sweet Redemption is phenomenal and lasts eons.

    8/10/13 at 1:52am

    hedonist222 said:



    And Kobe - Xerjoff.

    A pillar in the genre.

    8/10/13 at 2:11am

    Mick_Trick said:



    I get great (+10 hours) from APOM Pour Homme.

    Although I know it doesn't always have good longevity in others so sample first, just really works on my skin for some reason. I'm not complaining... smile.gif

    8/10/13 at 2:19am

    hedonist222 said:



    That's fortunate for you Mick. APOM is excellent but I only get a few hours.


    But do you mean 10 hours of longevity or protection?

    8/10/13 at 2:32am

    Mick_Trick said:



    Probably about 6 of projection and another 4 of airborne whiffs (ie not having to sniff skin)


    But I get about 2 hours from Lumiere Noire, and is gone. And this has a good rep for longevity...?

    I must have mutant skin... Lol

    8/10/13 at 2:49am

    hedonist222 said:



    Lumiere noir PH ha is known to have terrible longevity.
    barely lasts 3 hours.

    not that that's how to assess a composition.

    8/10/13 at 2:56am

    Mick_Trick said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

    Lumiere noir PH ha is known to have terrible longevity.
    barely lasts 3 hours.

    So it's not just me then.. Good to know.

    And agree it's a beautiful composition.

    8/10/13 at 3:54am

    hednic said:



    Feuilles & Fleurs d'Oranger by Galimard

    8/10/13 at 8:29am

    cacio said:



    Sadly, Amouage Homage is now a long lasting orange blossom. Great as an orange blossom, but only as that. And I second Eule's idea of the Carons. Actually, the current stuff may even be better for the purpose of orange blossom, because the current perfumer loves it and has removed the old complex bases. So Narcisse Noir, in its current form, is  a clean orange blossom without the nag champa base.

     

    cacio

    8/10/13 at 9:41am

    danieq said:



    These all sound interesting, but at the risk of sounding like I don't enjoy the masculine fragrances, are any of these particularly feminine?  

    8/10/13 at 10:26am

    hedonist222 said:



    of the three I mentioned, they're skewed towards definite, if anything

    8/10/13 at 10:31am

    Eule said:



    Hi danieq ! I own the Hermès which I use a lot & the vintage Narcisse I use from time to time. I think the very most People would call the latter a feminine perfume; the former unisex. In the Hermès, which is dry & a little austere I personally detect more masculine elements. This is the reason why I like it very much when my girl wears it. And she likes it, when I wear the Narcisse (e.g. on a heavy leather jacket). This scent has a heady, slightly indolic quality. We both detect something bizarre & "poisonous" in this perfume, think flowers like a "Datura". As you can see, I don`t give too much about gender. But if you mean something deep and unconventional & without any "clichĂ©e" - both scents definitely are.

     

    ((Hi cacio !! Thanks for your satement about NN. I`m nag champa kind of guy and luckily have stocked up. The new NN is something totally different, but nice in it`s own way, I find.)) 

    8/10/13 at 10:37am

    Tony T said:



    Mont Blanc Individuel

    8/10/13 at 11:06am

    Happyguy said:



    I've been on the hunt as well.  I've tried the following:

    • Atelier Orange Sanguine
    • Hermes Concentree D'Orange
    • Hermes Orange Vert
    • Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    • Jo Malone Orange Blossom
    • Atelier Grand Neroli
    • Hermes Mandarin
    • AdP Arancia

     

    All have their pros & cons, but none offer a lasting orange scent.

    As someone else said, it's just the nature of orange to fade fast

     

    Of the above, my faves 

    AdP Arancia

    Atelier Orange Sanguine

    Neroli Portofino

     

    The most feminine scent would be the Mandarin.  Try Jo Malone's Orange Blossom - more of a honeysuckle scent than orange, but it's female friendly