When was the last time...

    When was the last time...

    post #1 of 14
    Thread Starter 

    you were pumped up/juiced/excited about a frag/house?

    Previously for me it was Pure Shot..

    big letdown..

    now it's Ambre Nera by Ortigia..

    just found a decant while cleaning up after a shower..

    anyway I think it could be the Holy Grail of ambers!!

    Plz, share your personal stories..

    post #2 of 14

    :lipsrsealed:


    Edited by O Pomone - 10/21/13 at 5:01am
    post #3 of 14
    The last time I was wowed about a scent was - on the men's side - Polo Red. The stuff has really grown on me. I wasn't even aware it was coming - came right out of the blue - no pun intended. I'm really enjoying it now.

    On the women's side, Estee Lauder's new Modern Muse. I like it, and it was also a bit of a surprise. Nice stuff.

    My NEXT excitement frag is the parfum of YSL L'Homme. That is going to get me very pumped.

    As you can see, I'm pretty much all in for modern designer releases.
    post #4 of 14
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by O Pomone View Post

    Please, Tony, share your personal story about Ortigia Ambra Nera.

     

    What it has that other amber scents don't?

     

    Maybe I spoke to soon...

    I do think it is FB worthy..

    The top notes hit you right in the face but it soon enough settles and simmers to an amber/patchouli base with a slight Master Chef's pinch of pepper that is astounding to me..

    it does have slight undertones of powder as in Ambre Russe but not as feminine..

    A solid cool/cold weather frag besides the norm

    post #5 of 14
    While Ambra Nera is a decent enough Amber, I do not see it as anything close to the Holy Grail of Ambers. I find it be relatively short lived when compared to others I own.
    post #6 of 14
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post

    While Ambra Nera is a decent enough Amber, I do not see it as anything close to the Holy Grail of Ambers. I find it be relatively short lived when compared to others I own.

     

    I may have spoke to soon..

    Still yet to try MPG"S or 114

    post #7 of 14
    :lipsrsealed:

    Edited by O Pomone - 10/21/13 at 5:01am
    post #8 of 14
    Caligna by l'Artisan Parfumeur - was excited and was not disappointed

    Vaara - Penhaligon's - excited by braced for disappointed
    post #9 of 14
    Currently quite enamored by Amouage. Looking forward to trying more of their back catalogue.

    Gold Man, Reflection Man, Opus VII & Jubilation 25, next on my Amouage sample list.
    post #10 of 14
    Probably house-wise the last two to excite me (and still do) are O'driù and Bogue. They both are doing incredible things with perfume, particularly O'driù.

    Fragrance-wise it would have to be either Bentley for Men Intense by Bentley, or Oud Shamash by The Different Company.
    post #11 of 14
    :lipsrsealed:

    Edited by O Pomone - 10/21/13 at 4:56am
    post #12 of 14
    For me, fragrance wise, recently, Creed 1849. Previously Clive Christian #1 Pure Parfum Limited release.
    post #13 of 14
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by O Pomone View Post

     

    Thank you Tony.

     

    I own a small roller-ball top bottle filled with Ambra Nera perfume oil and quite enjoy it.

    Don't know if it's specific to this release, but I get a slightly sour undertone which may be unpleasant at times.

    nothing sour just a plain ole amber

    at least it's only 70 bucks on their website

    post #14 of 14

    I may be the odd ball of the forum but I can't remember the last time I was excited about a new fragrance. cry.gif

     

    However I still have many fragrances from years past to sniff and I can get some excitement from that.  vrolijk_26.gif

    class="

    8/16/13 at 7:01pm

    Tony T said:



    you were pumped up/juiced/excited about a frag/house?

    Previously for me it was Pure Shot..

    big letdown..

    now it's Ambre Nera by Ortigia..

    just found a decant while cleaning up after a shower..

    anyway I think it could be the Holy Grail of ambers!!

    Plz, share your personal stories..

    8/16/13 at 8:02pm

    O Pomone said:



    :lipsrsealed:


    Edited by O Pomone - 10/21/13 at 5:01am

    8/16/13 at 9:16pm

    Redneck Perfumisto said:



    The last time I was wowed about a scent was - on the men's side - Polo Red. The stuff has really grown on me. I wasn't even aware it was coming - came right out of the blue - no pun intended. I'm really enjoying it now.

    On the women's side, Estee Lauder's new Modern Muse. I like it, and it was also a bit of a surprise. Nice stuff.

    My NEXT excitement frag is the parfum of YSL L'Homme. That is going to get me very pumped.

    As you can see, I'm pretty much all in for modern designer releases.

    8/16/13 at 9:21pm

    Tony T said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by O Pomone View Post

    Please, Tony, share your personal story about Ortigia Ambra Nera.

     

    What it has that other amber scents don't?

     

    Maybe I spoke to soon...

    I do think it is FB worthy..

    The top notes hit you right in the face but it soon enough settles and simmers to an amber/patchouli base with a slight Master Chef's pinch of pepper that is astounding to me..

    it does have slight undertones of powder as in Ambre Russe but not as feminine..

    A solid cool/cold weather frag besides the norm

    8/16/13 at 9:51pm

    PalmBeach said:



    While Ambra Nera is a decent enough Amber, I do not see it as anything close to the Holy Grail of Ambers. I find it be relatively short lived when compared to others I own.

    8/16/13 at 10:01pm

    Tony T said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post

    While Ambra Nera is a decent enough Amber, I do not see it as anything close to the Holy Grail of Ambers. I find it be relatively short lived when compared to others I own.

     

    I may have spoke to soon..

    Still yet to try MPG"S or 114

    8/17/13 at 1:35am

    O Pomone said:



    :lipsrsealed:

    Edited by O Pomone - 10/21/13 at 5:01am

    8/17/13 at 5:45am

    hedonist222 said:



    Caligna by l'Artisan Parfumeur - was excited and was not disappointed

    Vaara - Penhaligon's - excited by braced for disappointed

    8/17/13 at 6:05am

    Mick_Trick said:



    Currently quite enamored by Amouage. Looking forward to trying more of their back catalogue.

    Gold Man, Reflection Man, Opus VII & Jubilation 25, next on my Amouage sample list.

    8/17/13 at 6:18am

    drseid said:



    Probably house-wise the last two to excite me (and still do) are O'driù and Bogue. They both are doing incredible things with perfume, particularly O'driù.

    Fragrance-wise it would have to be either Bentley for Men Intense by Bentley, or Oud Shamash by The Different Company.

    8/17/13 at 6:27am

    O Pomone said:



    :lipsrsealed:

    Edited by O Pomone - 10/21/13 at 4:56am

    8/17/13 at 7:31am

    hednic said:



    For me, fragrance wise, recently, Creed 1849. Previously Clive Christian #1 Pure Parfum Limited release.

    8/17/13 at 9:59am

    Tony T said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by O Pomone View Post

     

    Thank you Tony.

     

    I own a small roller-ball top bottle filled with Ambra Nera perfume oil and quite enjoy it.

    Don't know if it's specific to this release, but I get a slightly sour undertone which may be unpleasant at times.

    nothing sour just a plain ole amber

    at least it's only 70 bucks on their website

    8/27/13 at 9:59am

    L'enfer said:



    I may be the odd ball of the forum but I can't remember the last time I was excited about a new fragrance. cry.gif

     

    However I still have many fragrances from years past to sniff and I can get some excitement from that.  vrolijk_26.gif