Any tips? - my collection

    Any tips? - my collection

    post #1 of 20
    Thread Starter 

    Hi guys,

    I'm new here so this is my first post. I've been reading about fragrances here and on fragrantica for a while. I have a small collection and it would be nice if you can give me some tips on what I should get and what I'm missing. I am 16 years old and go to highschool in Norway. After what I've read I have some ideas on when to use my fragrances but correct me if I'm wrong.

    My small collection:

    The Essence by Porsche Design - for summer, daytime

    CK free - summer/after training ,daytime

    Jake by Hollister - summer, beach etc

    Pierre Cardin Relevation - don't know when to use ??

    La nuit de l'homme YSL frozen cologne- day and night, summer?

    Hugo Boss In motion - winter, day

    Jovan Musk - think I will give it to my father.

    Davidoff Coolwater - summer

    Anything I should add to my collection. Perhaps a winter cologne.

    Any colognes that can get compliments in high school?

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    Shry97 :-)

    post #2 of 20
    Hello and welcome,

    I wouldn't assign roles for my colognes like you did, i think it takes away from the freedom of enjoying them.

    Wear anything whenever you feel like it(day, night etc).
    post #3 of 20
    Burberry London might be a nice one to add, but I would not restrict it only to winter.
    post #4 of 20
    1 milion for the winter but spray lightly. add blwu de chanel in general
    post #5 of 20
    Thread Starter 

    tdwctdwc: Thanks! I like the way you think. I definetly should use them when i feel for it :)

    hednic: Thanks for the tips! I have thought about buying burberry london :)

    Noirdrakkar: Thanks, Bleu de chanel seems like a nice add. However i dont like 1 million because it's to mainstream in norway :/

    Do you guys think i should consider a&f fierce?

    post #6 of 20

    No Fierce

    Angel by Mugler- super sweet- lot's of compliments

    Dunhill Desire also- super sweet and a bit cheaper than the above

    both are great for cold weather

    post #7 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shry97View Post

    Do you guys think i should consider a&f fierce?

    not at all

    post #8 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shry97View Post

    Do you guys think i should consider a&f fierce?

    Have you tried it? If you like it, then go for it. Not sure how "mainstream" Fierce in your area, but it is pretty popular among teenagers like you, so you might want to consider that.

    As for suggestions, check out CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein, Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf, or A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler.

    Good luck, and keep us updated!vrolijk_26.gif

    4635

    post #9 of 20

    I too will say NO Fierce - agree with London and Angel/A*Men and to Bleu de Chanel - yes as well, for two versatile "cheapies" Michael Jordan and Michael Jordan Legend - ( I should really look into getting paid for always plugging the Jordans)

    post #10 of 20

    Dior Homme Intense is a good one.

    post #11 of 20
    Thread Starter 

    Thanks for the tips guys!

    TonyT: I've tried Angel men and it smelled great. It projects a lot as well. Do you think it's suitable in clas etc.? Alsoit's a bit to sweet for my taste. Do you know if other Angel men smell different/less sweet?

    del: Nope, i haven't tried Fierce. Should try it next time I see it. Luckily it's not to mainstream here.

    The notes in spicebomb seems interesting. I should try that one to.

    Thanks, i will :)

    Katana: Thanks for the tips. London is probably a nice buy too.

    Sjg2829: Thanks :) Do you think it's suitable in clas etc.?

    post #12 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shry97View Post

    Thanks for the tips guys!

    TonyT: I've tried Angel men and it smelled great. It projects a lot as well. Do you think it's suitable in clas etc.? Alsoit's a bit to sweet for my taste. Do you know if other Angel men smell different/less sweet?

    del: Nope, i haven't tried Fierce. Should try it next time I see it. Luckily it's not to mainstream here.

    The notes in spicebomb seems interesting. I should try that one to.

    Thanks, i will :)

    Katana: Thanks for the tips. London is probably a nice buy too.

    Sjg2829: Thanks :) Do you think it's suitable in clas etc.?

    Yes. Just go easy on the sprays. Get a lot of compliments with this one.

    post #13 of 20
    Thread Starter 

    Seems nice :)

    post #14 of 20
    Maybe D&G The One
    post #15 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dougczarView Post

    Maybe D&G The One

    +1 I love the smell of this frag, just wish projection+longevity is a little better, but I absolutely fell in love with the smell.

    Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blance are good as well.

    post #16 of 20

    for something that would be within a teenager's price range, i think it's hard to beat l'occitane's eaux des baux. very affordable, yet not cheap-smelling. a male friend of mine wears it often and it smells great on him.

    post #17 of 20
    Thread Starter 

    Thanks for the tips guys!

    I think I will test A*men and go for it first and maybe burberry london :)

    post #18 of 20
    Rochas Man
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin

    8/18/13 at 12:46pm

    shry97 said:



    Hi guys,

    I'm new here so this is my first post. I've been reading about fragrances here and on fragrantica for a while. I have a small collection and it would be nice if you can give me some tips on what I should get and what I'm missing. I am 16 years old and go to highschool in Norway. After what I've read I have some ideas on when to use my fragrances but correct me if I'm wrong.

    My small collection:

    The Essence by Porsche Design - for summer, daytime

    CK free - summer/after training ,daytime

    Jake by Hollister - summer, beach etc

    Pierre Cardin Relevation - don't know when to use ??

    La nuit de l'homme YSL frozen cologne- day and night, summer?

    Hugo Boss In motion - winter, day

    Jovan Musk - think I will give it to my father.

    Davidoff Coolwater - summer

    Anything I should add to my collection. Perhaps a winter cologne.

    Any colognes that can get compliments in high school?

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    Shry97 :-)

    8/18/13 at 12:58pm

    tdwctdwc said:



    Hello and welcome,

    I wouldn't assign roles for my colognes like you did, i think it takes away from the freedom of enjoying them.

    Wear anything whenever you feel like it(day, night etc).

    8/18/13 at 1:23pm

    hednic said:



    Burberry London might be a nice one to add, but I would not restrict it only to winter.

    8/18/13 at 1:29pm

    noirdrakkar said:



    1 milion for the winter but spray lightly. add blwu de chanel in general

    8/18/13 at 2:00pm

    shry97 said:



    tdwctdwc: Thanks! I like the way you think. I definetly should use them when i feel for it :)

    hednic: Thanks for the tips! I have thought about buying burberry london :)

    Noirdrakkar: Thanks, Bleu de chanel seems like a nice add. However i dont like 1 million because it's to mainstream in norway :/

    Do you guys think i should consider a&f fierce?

    8/18/13 at 3:20pm

    Tony T said:



    No Fierce

    Angel by Mugler- super sweet- lot's of compliments

    Dunhill Desire also- super sweet and a bit cheaper than the above

    both are great for cold weather

    8/18/13 at 4:05pm

    noirdrakkar said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shry97View Post

    Do you guys think i should consider a&f fierce?

    not at all

    8/18/13 at 4:12pm

    del said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shry97View Post

    Do you guys think i should consider a&f fierce?

    Have you tried it? If you like it, then go for it. Not sure how "mainstream" Fierce in your area, but it is pretty popular among teenagers like you, so you might want to consider that.

    As for suggestions, check out CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein, Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf, or A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler.

    Good luck, and keep us updated!vrolijk_26.gif

    4635

    8/18/13 at 4:37pm

    Katana said:



    I too will say NO Fierce - agree with London and Angel/A*Men and to Bleu de Chanel - yes as well, for two versatile "cheapies" Michael Jordan and Michael Jordan Legend - ( I should really look into getting paid for always plugging the Jordans)

    8/19/13 at 2:25pm

    sjg3839 said:



    Dior Homme Intense is a good one.

    8/19/13 at 2:34pm

    shry97 said:



    Thanks for the tips guys!

    TonyT: I've tried Angel men and it smelled great. It projects a lot as well. Do you think it's suitable in clas etc.? Alsoit's a bit to sweet for my taste. Do you know if other Angel men smell different/less sweet?

    del: Nope, i haven't tried Fierce. Should try it next time I see it. Luckily it's not to mainstream here.

    The notes in spicebomb seems interesting. I should try that one to.

    Thanks, i will :)

    Katana: Thanks for the tips. London is probably a nice buy too.

    Sjg2829: Thanks :) Do you think it's suitable in clas etc.?

    8/19/13 at 2:52pm

    sjg3839 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shry97View Post

    Thanks for the tips guys!

    TonyT: I've tried Angel men and it smelled great. It projects a lot as well. Do you think it's suitable in clas etc.? Alsoit's a bit to sweet for my taste. Do you know if other Angel men smell different/less sweet?

    del: Nope, i haven't tried Fierce. Should try it next time I see it. Luckily it's not to mainstream here.

    The notes in spicebomb seems interesting. I should try that one to.

    Thanks, i will :)

    Katana: Thanks for the tips. London is probably a nice buy too.

    Sjg2829: Thanks :) Do you think it's suitable in clas etc.?

    Yes. Just go easy on the sprays. Get a lot of compliments with this one.

    8/19/13 at 3:10pm

    shry97 said:



    Seems nice :)

    8/19/13 at 3:53pm

    dougczar said:



    Maybe D&G The One

    8/19/13 at 5:01pm

    kcelsius said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dougczarView Post

    Maybe D&G The One

    +1 I love the smell of this frag, just wish projection+longevity is a little better, but I absolutely fell in love with the smell.

    Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blance are good as well.

    8/20/13 at 7:54am

    spaceamidlove said:



    for something that would be within a teenager's price range, i think it's hard to beat l'occitane's eaux des baux. very affordable, yet not cheap-smelling. a male friend of mine wears it often and it smells great on him.

    8/22/13 at 2:23pm

    shry97 said:



    Thanks for the tips guys!

    I think I will test A*men and go for it first and maybe burberry london :)

    8/22/13 at 3:52pm

    chili_willi said:



    Rochas Man
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000