Teen guy in search of first fragrance

    Teen guy in search of first fragrance

    post #1 of 42
    Thread Starter 
    Hi all, I'm a 15 year old guy that's looking to put a bit of money into a good fragrance, the only trouble is I don't know where to start! I've heard some good things about Polo: Blue, Chanel: Allure homme sport, 1 Million,and some others but I don't know anything about any of them.
    If someone could recommend something that isn't too spicy, and younger girls would appreciate, that would be great.

    Thanks in advance!
    post #2 of 42
    Acqua di Gio by Armani
    post #3 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednic View Post

    Acqua di Gio by Armani

    I second that.

    I think that's a good cologne to start with. That was my workhorse for a long time, and had many compliments.

    Since you're 15, I don't think you should be spending hundreds for perfumes. I'd recommend you to use aquatic and fresh scents. Try Davidoff Cool Water and Bvlgari Aqva, too.

    post #4 of 42

    360 RED and 360 White..

    50 bucks for both..

    great compliment getters

    post #5 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ozz89 View Post

    Since you're 15, I don't think you should be spending hundreds for perfumes. I'd recommend you to use aquatic and fresh scents. Try Davidoff Cool Water and Bvlgari Aqva, too.

     

    Yeah -- smell like every other 15 year old

     

    Get Eau Sauvage Parfum-- smell the differencethumbsup.gif

    post #6 of 42
    Thread Starter 
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to run up to Sephora next chance I get and see what I like. I'll keep an eye out for all of the ones that have been mentioned for sure.
    post #7 of 42
    1 million
    post #8 of 42
    :lipsrsealed:

    Edited by O Pomone - 10/20/13 at 4:12pm
    post #9 of 42

    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

    post #10 of 42
    Thread Starter 
    I went up there today and after smelling a gazillion, I decided on L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake. I was not a fan of Acqua Di Gio or one million. In the end it came down to me deciding between Eternity Summer and Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme. But then I smelled the Issey and immediately knew that I was getting it.

    They didn't have the 360 red or white, but I'll try to find the white somewhere (not red since I don't like AdG.
    Thanks for the advice and the recommendations!
    post #11 of 42

    Black XS L'Excess.

    post #12 of 42

    +2 on the 360 red and 360 white, maybe get a bottle of curve for cheap too, and I alays recommend hugo by hugo boss excellent in all weather can be had for 40 not that many other people are wearing it and everyone seems to enjoy it

    post #13 of 42

    Derek Jeter Driven and Driven Black. You can get them both on Ebay for probably around $45

    post #14 of 42

    Uuuh jeezyk, you do know that often times girls will like the very stuff that guys don't right? Most Girls LOVE AdG and 1 Million - I'm telling you this because some young guys don;t know this - so unless you are one who wears scents just for YOU you may want to take a "girl nose" with you and find stuff you agree on - the one you got though is good too, but to me at least, it's more of a warmer weather one you will want some stuff for winter/cooler weather - My frequent suggestion here is Michael Jordan Legend and/or as Tony T mentioned, 360 White (A LOT like LeMale at a lot cheaper price) Girls like these too by the way.

    post #15 of 42
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Katana View Post

    so unless you are one who wears scents just for YOU you may want to take a "girl nose" with you and find stuff you agree on.

    I brought my mom with me (haha she likes it), and asked some hot chick at the store if she like Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme or the Issey better, and it took her less than 2 seconds to declare that she preferred the Issey. My plan was to pick one that I liked and use females as a measure to make sure it's not something that will repel girls. So that kind of sealed the deal, but I'd like to pick up a cheaper winter fragrance once the weather starts turning.

    Would 360 white work for a winter scent?

    Also, what would you guys consider the best "panty dropper" (for lack of better term) fragrances, based solely on female compliments?

    post #16 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeezyk112 View Post

    I brought my mom with me (haha she likes it), and asked some hot chick at the store if she like Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme or the Issey better, and it took her less than 2 seconds to declare that she preferred the Issey. My plan was to pick one that I liked and use females as a measure to make sure it's not something that will repel girls. So that kind of sealed the deal, but I'd like to pick up a cheaper winter fragrance once the weather starts turning.

    Would 360 white work for a winter scent?

    Also, what would you guys consider the best "panty dropper" (for lack of better term) fragrances, based solely on female compliments?

    uh Oh he said "panty dropper"................well he's new, so he gets off with a warning - NO scent is a "panty dropper" - seriously if a girl likes you it doesn't matter what you have on unless it's truly putrid and if she doesn't like you NO scent is gonna seal the deal - and that's the truth - girls are interesting humans for sure they are also not simple (for the most part) Just be YOU, be clean, smell nice, be fun to be with, be polite, be a good guy and the girls will be attracted - the right girls. - Good luck little brother - but remember be friends FIRST AND make sure her mom and or dad likes you too.

    post #17 of 42

    The Body Shop White Musk for Men is inexpensive and the perfect safe/fresh/clean scent.  

    post #18 of 42

     Bleu de Chanel 

     

     +1 Aqua di Gio 

     

     Fierce

     

     Le Male

     

     Curve

    8/26/13 at 10:27pm

    jeezyk112 said:



    Hi all, I'm a 15 year old guy that's looking to put a bit of money into a good fragrance, the only trouble is I don't know where to start! I've heard some good things about Polo: Blue, Chanel: Allure homme sport, 1 Million,and some others but I don't know anything about any of them.
    If someone could recommend something that isn't too spicy, and younger girls would appreciate, that would be great.

    Thanks in advance!

    8/26/13 at 11:04pm

    hednic said:



    Acqua di Gio by Armani

    8/27/13 at 2:51am

    ozz89 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednic View Post

    Acqua di Gio by Armani

    I second that.

    I think that's a good cologne to start with. That was my workhorse for a long time, and had many compliments.

    Since you're 15, I don't think you should be spending hundreds for perfumes. I'd recommend you to use aquatic and fresh scents. Try Davidoff Cool Water and Bvlgari Aqva, too.

    8/27/13 at 5:35am

    Tony T said:



    360 RED and 360 White..

    50 bucks for both..

    great compliment getters

    8/27/13 at 7:09am

    Kaern said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ozz89 View Post

    Since you're 15, I don't think you should be spending hundreds for perfumes. I'd recommend you to use aquatic and fresh scents. Try Davidoff Cool Water and Bvlgari Aqva, too.

     

    Yeah -- smell like every other 15 year old

     

    Get Eau Sauvage Parfum-- smell the differencethumbsup.gif

    8/27/13 at 9:16am

    jeezyk112 said:



    Thanks everyone, I'm going to run up to Sephora next chance I get and see what I like. I'll keep an eye out for all of the ones that have been mentioned for sure.

    8/27/13 at 9:31am

    sjg3839 said:



    1 million

    8/27/13 at 9:48am

    O Pomone said:



    :lipsrsealed:

    Edited by O Pomone - 10/20/13 at 4:12pm

    8/28/13 at 12:00pm

    rynegne said:



    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

    8/28/13 at 7:39pm

    jeezyk112 said:



    I went up there today and after smelling a gazillion, I decided on L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake. I was not a fan of Acqua Di Gio or one million. In the end it came down to me deciding between Eternity Summer and Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme. But then I smelled the Issey and immediately knew that I was getting it.

    They didn't have the 360 red or white, but I'll try to find the white somewhere (not red since I don't like AdG.
    Thanks for the advice and the recommendations!

    8/28/13 at 8:03pm

    Pedro A said:



    Black XS L'Excess.

    8/29/13 at 5:57am

    SpicyPepper said:



    +2 on the 360 red and 360 white, maybe get a bottle of curve for cheap too, and I alays recommend hugo by hugo boss excellent in all weather can be had for 40 not that many other people are wearing it and everyone seems to enjoy it

    8/29/13 at 6:00am

    silentrich said:



    Derek Jeter Driven and Driven Black. You can get them both on Ebay for probably around $45

    8/29/13 at 8:06am

    Katana said:



    Uuuh jeezyk, you do know that often times girls will like the very stuff that guys don't right? Most Girls LOVE AdG and 1 Million - I'm telling you this because some young guys don;t know this - so unless you are one who wears scents just for YOU you may want to take a "girl nose" with you and find stuff you agree on - the one you got though is good too, but to me at least, it's more of a warmer weather one you will want some stuff for winter/cooler weather - My frequent suggestion here is Michael Jordan Legend and/or as Tony T mentioned, 360 White (A LOT like LeMale at a lot cheaper price) Girls like these too by the way.

    8/29/13 at 7:02pm

    jeezyk112 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Katana View Post

    so unless you are one who wears scents just for YOU you may want to take a "girl nose" with you and find stuff you agree on.

    I brought my mom with me (haha she likes it), and asked some hot chick at the store if she like Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme or the Issey better, and it took her less than 2 seconds to declare that she preferred the Issey. My plan was to pick one that I liked and use females as a measure to make sure it's not something that will repel girls. So that kind of sealed the deal, but I'd like to pick up a cheaper winter fragrance once the weather starts turning.

    Would 360 white work for a winter scent?

    Also, what would you guys consider the best "panty dropper" (for lack of better term) fragrances, based solely on female compliments?

    8/29/13 at 7:33pm

    Katana said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeezyk112 View Post

    I brought my mom with me (haha she likes it), and asked some hot chick at the store if she like Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme or the Issey better, and it took her less than 2 seconds to declare that she preferred the Issey. My plan was to pick one that I liked and use females as a measure to make sure it's not something that will repel girls. So that kind of sealed the deal, but I'd like to pick up a cheaper winter fragrance once the weather starts turning.

    Would 360 white work for a winter scent?

    Also, what would you guys consider the best "panty dropper" (for lack of better term) fragrances, based solely on female compliments?

    uh Oh he said "panty dropper"................well he's new, so he gets off with a warning - NO scent is a "panty dropper" - seriously if a girl likes you it doesn't matter what you have on unless it's truly putrid and if she doesn't like you NO scent is gonna seal the deal - and that's the truth - girls are interesting humans for sure they are also not simple (for the most part) Just be YOU, be clean, smell nice, be fun to be with, be polite, be a good guy and the girls will be attracted - the right girls. - Good luck little brother - but remember be friends FIRST AND make sure her mom and or dad likes you too.

    8/29/13 at 8:00pm

    SirNosebleed said:



    The Body Shop White Musk for Men is inexpensive and the perfect safe/fresh/clean scent.  

    8/30/13 at 5:13am

    Buysblind said:



     Bleu de Chanel 

     

     +1 Aqua di Gio 

     

     Fierce

     

     Le Male

     

     Curve