Missing photos in directory

    Missing photos in directory

    post #1 of 14
    Thread Starter 

    In the directory, many fragrances are missing their respective photos. Is there a way to upload these? A quick google image search returns most of them, and in the case of some discontinued bottles, ebay searches or looking at old ads helps fill in the blanks.

     

    Is there any way to add these to the directory?

    post #2 of 14

    Although I've managed to add photos to the Product page, they don't appear in the correct place, YogaNerdMD.

    Hopefully, this may be possible in due course.

    It does appear possible to add photos to items in our lists.

    post #3 of 14

    Will it be possible to allow members to add photos to the directory- if they are missing from the review section ? 

    post #4 of 14

    Might be helpful for some members, mimi?

    Might not be for some..

    These threads are read by admin.

    post #5 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lpp View Post

    Might be helpful for some members, mimi?

    Might not be for some..

    These threads are read by admin.

    I'm sorry Ipp- I don't understand your reply. I am trying to be helpful here. I don't think I have said anything out of line. It was merely a suggestion. 

    post #6 of 14

    Apologies, mimi - that wasn't the intention at all.

    In the case of some members, such as yourself, it would be appropriate ,in my opinion, to have pic posting permissions - some of the newer  ones might possibly not post the correct pictures!

    Thus, admin may have difficulty in finding a way to do it if it  is deemed appropriate/helpful as there are still a lot of known 'kinks' to iron out.

    post #7 of 14

    Ipp- thanks - it's okay - it's really hard for me to just read words sometimes, I guess. 

    My idea was that, there are pictures missing from the directory and it would help the review section a lot if members could assist with putting in pictures. However, I do see what you mean by incorrect pictures being posted - so I understand. Thanks again  and no worries. 

    post #8 of 14

    Cheers, mimi - some of mine are missing too!

    If some of us could post pictures eventually, I agree that it would be a way to sort it out more quickly!

    post #9 of 14

    Just managed to add one & make primary - thx.

    post #10 of 14
    Thread Starter 

    This makes sense.

     

    Could they be uploaded conditionally (ie would not be posted unless reviewed and given the ok by an admin?)

     

    Conversely, couldn't members flag any post to alert admins to wrong/inappropriate posts?

     

    Obv, this would mean more work for admins, so I get it is this is overly burdensome. Just want to help make the directory more comprehensive!

    post #11 of 14

    It's bound to sort out in time, YogaNerdMD!

     

    Can you do what I did?

     

    It appears that the product needs to be in one of my lists and in the Directory first, then clicking on the item in the list produces this (then click on 'add photos' ) :-

     

     

    When the photo was added it went into the Photos section below the empty icon slot.

    Clicking on the photo there brought up an option to 'make primary' (on the one that I did - Surrati Warda Taif)).

    I think that I then deleted the empty icon 'photo'.

    There is now an option to delete the image on that one.

     

    If you do try, please advise the result!

    post #12 of 14

    Although Ebay, etc., photos, unless good ones, might not be up to the job?

    There are places where old adverts may be found.

    post #13 of 14
    Thread Starter 

    So I went and made a "test list," added Fendi to it, and added an image URL, then made it "primary." The photo shows up in my test list (named Needs Photos), but not as the photo when I go to the fragrance's individual directory entry (it still says no 'no image available').

    post #14 of 14

    Thank you, YogaNerdMD - it's just been added to the Product listing :)

    class="

    9/3/13 at 8:12am

    YogaNerdMD said:



    In the directory, many fragrances are missing their respective photos. Is there a way to upload these? A quick google image search returns most of them, and in the case of some discontinued bottles, ebay searches or looking at old ads helps fill in the blanks.

     

    Is there any way to add these to the directory?

    9/3/13 at 10:52am

    lpp said:



    Although I've managed to add photos to the Product page, they don't appear in the correct place, YogaNerdMD.

    Hopefully, this may be possible in due course.

    It does appear possible to add photos to items in our lists.

    9/3/13 at 11:21am

    Mimi Gardenia said:



    Will it be possible to allow members to add photos to the directory- if they are missing from the review section ? 

    9/3/13 at 12:27pm

    lpp said:



    Might be helpful for some members, mimi?

    Might not be for some..

    These threads are read by admin.

    9/3/13 at 12:33pm

    Mimi Gardenia said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lpp View Post

    Might be helpful for some members, mimi?

    Might not be for some..

    These threads are read by admin.

    I'm sorry Ipp- I don't understand your reply. I am trying to be helpful here. I don't think I have said anything out of line. It was merely a suggestion. 

    9/3/13 at 12:37pm

    lpp said:



    Apologies, mimi - that wasn't the intention at all.

    In the case of some members, such as yourself, it would be appropriate ,in my opinion, to have pic posting permissions - some of the newer  ones might possibly not post the correct pictures!

    Thus, admin may have difficulty in finding a way to do it if it  is deemed appropriate/helpful as there are still a lot of known 'kinks' to iron out.

    9/3/13 at 12:43pm

    Mimi Gardenia said:



    Ipp- thanks - it's okay - it's really hard for me to just read words sometimes, I guess. 

    My idea was that, there are pictures missing from the directory and it would help the review section a lot if members could assist with putting in pictures. However, I do see what you mean by incorrect pictures being posted - so I understand. Thanks again  and no worries. 

    9/3/13 at 12:46pm

    lpp said:



    Cheers, mimi - some of mine are missing too!

    If some of us could post pictures eventually, I agree that it would be a way to sort it out more quickly!

    9/4/13 at 11:49am

    lpp said:



    Just managed to add one & make primary - thx.

    9/4/13 at 3:29pm

    YogaNerdMD said:



    This makes sense.

     

    Could they be uploaded conditionally (ie would not be posted unless reviewed and given the ok by an admin?)

     

    Conversely, couldn't members flag any post to alert admins to wrong/inappropriate posts?

     

    Obv, this would mean more work for admins, so I get it is this is overly burdensome. Just want to help make the directory more comprehensive!

    9/4/13 at 3:56pm

    lpp said:



    It's bound to sort out in time, YogaNerdMD!

     

    Can you do what I did?

     

    It appears that the product needs to be in one of my lists and in the Directory first, then clicking on the item in the list produces this (then click on 'add photos' ) :-

     

     

    When the photo was added it went into the Photos section below the empty icon slot.

    Clicking on the photo there brought up an option to 'make primary' (on the one that I did - Surrati Warda Taif)).

    I think that I then deleted the empty icon 'photo'.

    There is now an option to delete the image on that one.

     

    If you do try, please advise the result!

    9/5/13 at 2:37am

    lpp said:



    Although Ebay, etc., photos, unless good ones, might not be up to the job?

    There are places where old adverts may be found.

    9/5/13 at 8:31am

    YogaNerdMD said:



    So I went and made a "test list," added Fendi to it, and added an image URL, then made it "primary." The photo shows up in my test list (named Needs Photos), but not as the photo when I go to the fragrance's individual directory entry (it still says no 'no image available').

    9/5/13 at 10:29am

    lpp said:



    Thank you, YogaNerdMD - it's just been added to the Product listing :)