help me choose between these colognes

    help me choose between these colognes

    post #1 of 15
    Thread Starter 

    hey so here's a little background on me, 21 years old , studying medicine in poland. My favorite scent of all time is that smell in the Hollister store , i don't know what cologne it is but it's great anyway. Since winters in Poland are harsh and cold i need something good

     

     

    so last year i wore Armani code , but unfortunately i ran out. I'm thinking about getting it again but it's pricey as hell and the first bottle was a gift to me, it had great results, plenty of compliments . And my ex girlfriend would just absolutely melt whenever i wore it . Is it possible that some colognes blend well with certain people because i remember my friend told me he could smell my  armani code on me from like 5 feet away , and at the time i was really shocked that he could smell it because i couldnt even smell it on myself.... anyway to the main point of this thread

     

     

     

    I'm thinking about burberry brit  to replace armani code as i've heard it's cheaper alternative , anybody know how it is with the ladies do they prefer one over the other , i know code is a sure winner , and lastly i've just fallen in love with bleu de chanel , just smells amazing and im thinking of splurging for it before i go back to school , a 1.7 oz of code or chanel will run me $62 ea ,  , i know  projection is great on code , how is it on other two...... i've tried the dreamer yesterday and it just didnt work for me , smelled like an old lady , i need something fresh , sensual , yet masculine and i feel thats what code and chanel offer , but what about brit 

     

     

    right now i use CK euphoria , and polo blue , also perry ellis 360 -- this smells like aqua di geo or however you spell it , the armani one.....

     

    brit,  bleu , and code     pick the the cologne more appealing to the ladies

     

     

    thank you for your help, im new to this site!

    post #2 of 15
    Bleu de Chanel or Burberry Brit which you mentioned, would be two fine choices IMO.
    post #3 of 15

    I say buy more Code.  You know it works on the ladies, and that's what you want, so stick with what works.

    post #4 of 15

    Bleu.  Code would be my second choice.

    post #5 of 15

    That smell in the Hollister store that you refer to in the original post is Hollister So-Cal (I believe named for Southern California).

    post #6 of 15
    Thread Starter 

    i didnt mention any Socal , but i've come to the conclusion that i'm going to go for abercrombie fierce or so cal , just for that fact that it's virtually unknown , and everybody i know says abercrombie is just amazing smell for girls , i could understand how here that it's not like that much for the fact everybody wears it , so i think it would work for me in europe.

    post #7 of 15
    I assume So-Cal isn't too popular in your neck of the woods, so if you love So-Cal, get So-Cal. However, I would suggest trying Burberry Brit. It's longevity is great, it smell good, and you'll most likely receive many compliments.
    post #8 of 15

    Fierce is NOT good for Winter in Poland (or any season anywhere IMO, but that is my personal prejudice) - go with the Burberry Brit - Women like it, also you may want to try Burberry London.

    post #9 of 15

    Burberry London

     

    Aesthetic tip -- rip off and discard the horrendous plaid cloth surrounding the bottle

    post #10 of 15

    I would stick with Code..

    It's a known winner with you

    post #11 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kaern View Post


    Aesthetic tip -- rip off and discard the horrendous plaid cloth surrounding the bottle
    LOL!
    post #12 of 15

    Recommending Blue and Code, ranking almost equally in terms not just of compliment potential, but overall versatility, trendiness, persistent longevity and projection under almost any condition, but still combined with a certain suave, understated lightness. 

    post #13 of 15

    Brit

    post #14 of 15
    Thread Starter 

    i just got brit and i dont know it smells alright , but the beginning smells like a baby powder almost , smell good afterwards though

    post #15 of 15

    Bleu

    class="

    9/4/13 at 7:54pm

    aflugrad said:



    hey so here's a little background on me, 21 years old , studying medicine in poland. My favorite scent of all time is that smell in the Hollister store , i don't know what cologne it is but it's great anyway. Since winters in Poland are harsh and cold i need something good

     

     

    so last year i wore Armani code , but unfortunately i ran out. I'm thinking about getting it again but it's pricey as hell and the first bottle was a gift to me, it had great results, plenty of compliments . And my ex girlfriend would just absolutely melt whenever i wore it . Is it possible that some colognes blend well with certain people because i remember my friend told me he could smell my  armani code on me from like 5 feet away , and at the time i was really shocked that he could smell it because i couldnt even smell it on myself.... anyway to the main point of this thread

     

     

     

    I'm thinking about burberry brit  to replace armani code as i've heard it's cheaper alternative , anybody know how it is with the ladies do they prefer one over the other , i know code is a sure winner , and lastly i've just fallen in love with bleu de chanel , just smells amazing and im thinking of splurging for it before i go back to school , a 1.7 oz of code or chanel will run me $62 ea ,  , i know  projection is great on code , how is it on other two...... i've tried the dreamer yesterday and it just didnt work for me , smelled like an old lady , i need something fresh , sensual , yet masculine and i feel thats what code and chanel offer , but what about brit 

     

     

    right now i use CK euphoria , and polo blue , also perry ellis 360 -- this smells like aqua di geo or however you spell it , the armani one.....

     

    brit,  bleu , and code     pick the the cologne more appealing to the ladies

     

     

    thank you for your help, im new to this site!

    9/4/13 at 7:58pm

    hednic said:



    Bleu de Chanel or Burberry Brit which you mentioned, would be two fine choices IMO.

    9/4/13 at 10:43pm

    rubegon said:



    I say buy more Code.  You know it works on the ladies, and that's what you want, so stick with what works.

    9/4/13 at 10:55pm

    dougczar said:



    Bleu.  Code would be my second choice.

    9/5/13 at 1:26am

    The Colognnoisseur said:



    That smell in the Hollister store that you refer to in the original post is Hollister So-Cal (I believe named for Southern California).

    9/5/13 at 5:05am

    aflugrad said:



    i didnt mention any Socal , but i've come to the conclusion that i'm going to go for abercrombie fierce or so cal , just for that fact that it's virtually unknown , and everybody i know says abercrombie is just amazing smell for girls , i could understand how here that it's not like that much for the fact everybody wears it , so i think it would work for me in europe.

    9/5/13 at 5:21am

    InfiniteParadox said:



    I assume So-Cal isn't too popular in your neck of the woods, so if you love So-Cal, get So-Cal. However, I would suggest trying Burberry Brit. It's longevity is great, it smell good, and you'll most likely receive many compliments.

    9/5/13 at 7:02am

    Katana said:



    Fierce is NOT good for Winter in Poland (or any season anywhere IMO, but that is my personal prejudice) - go with the Burberry Brit - Women like it, also you may want to try Burberry London.

    9/5/13 at 7:15am

    Kaern said:



    Burberry London

     

    Aesthetic tip -- rip off and discard the horrendous plaid cloth surrounding the bottle

    9/5/13 at 7:21am

    Tony T said:



    I would stick with Code..

    It's a known winner with you

    9/5/13 at 7:22am

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kaern View Post


    Aesthetic tip -- rip off and discard the horrendous plaid cloth surrounding the bottle
    LOL!

    9/5/13 at 8:55am

    Ken_Russell said:



    Recommending Blue and Code, ranking almost equally in terms not just of compliment potential, but overall versatility, trendiness, persistent longevity and projection under almost any condition, but still combined with a certain suave, understated lightness. 

    9/5/13 at 10:02am

    juanderer said:



    Brit

    9/5/13 at 10:55am

    aflugrad said:



    i just got brit and i dont know it smells alright , but the beginning smells like a baby powder almost , smell good afterwards though

    9/5/13 at 12:59pm

    sjg3839 said:



    Bleu