WEDDING DAY SCENTS???

    WEDDING DAY SCENTS???

    post #1 of 31
    Thread Starter 

    Hi

    My fiancĂ© & I are are looking for two perfect wedding scents for our special day. 

     

    So far we like Flower of Immortality By Kilian for myself but find the dry down a lot less exciting than the opening & lasting power a little weak. 

     

    We also like  Amazingreen Comme des Garcons by & 1725 Histoires de Parfums. 

     

    I'm open to ANY suggestions! 

    post #2 of 31

    Welcome to Basenotes..

    We need more info..

    Weather..

    Time of Day..

    Location..

    all these things are a factor..

    Also you can type in Wedding in the search bar and find over 9000 posts

    post #3 of 31
    Thread Starter 

    Hi Tony T

     

    It's a spring afternoon wedding on a lush farm in Australia. Sup tropical climate so it will be sunny & not hot or cold. The wedding will run through into the evening & it will be pretty & romantic. It will then build up to a big party. 

     

    Thanks for the info about the wedding posts. 

    post #4 of 31
    Welcomes to Basenotes!

    For him, I would suggest to sample APOM Pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

    Congrats!
    post #5 of 31

    For him Menthe Fraiche by Heeley.

    post #6 of 31
    Welcome to you! For him, I would suggest Creed Bois Du Portugal or Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur
    post #7 of 31

    Welcome to Basenotes and congratulations on your upcoming wedding . :)

    Perhaps Nectarine Blossom & Honey by Jo Malone. It's better than the By Killian in all honesty and IMHO - if you like peach .

    +1 for Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur 

    +1 for APOM Pour Homme as well 

    post #8 of 31

    Narciso Rodriguez Musc For him

    post #9 of 31
    Guerlain Derby
    post #10 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by remik View Post

    Guerlain Derby

     

    Good suggestion. 

     

    For such an important occasion, I'd go with something classic for both. For him, maybe Chanel Pour Monsieur or Eau Sauvage?

    post #11 of 31

    CDG Red Play for him perhaps

    post #12 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by remik View Post

    Guerlain Derby
    Agree. Good Suggestion
    post #13 of 31

    Congratulations & Welcome.

     

    Not a cheap option, but Creed Jardin d'Amalfi for her, and Creed Spice & Wood for him.

    post #14 of 31
    Une Fleur de Cassie from the Frederic Malle line.
    post #15 of 31

    Dior Vetiver if price isn't a concern. If price is a concern...Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza (I know it's still somewhat pricy, but it's in the same range as the aforementioned Amazingreen.)

    post #16 of 31
    For him, I would suggest Creed Millesime Imperial.
    post #17 of 31
    Carnal Flower by F. Malle or Debut by Parfums DelRae for the bride. Best wishes for your wedding day! smiley.gif
    post #18 of 31

    +1 for Carnal Flower. It's beautiful, but also lasts and lasts.

    post #19 of 31
    My fiancee and I are also getting married but ours will be mid October on the beach in South Carolina. Anyone have any good reccomendations for that?

    9/16/13 at 5:30pm

    PERFECT SCENT said:



    Hi

    My fiancĂ© & I are are looking for two perfect wedding scents for our special day. 

     

    So far we like Flower of Immortality By Kilian for myself but find the dry down a lot less exciting than the opening & lasting power a little weak. 

     

    We also like  Amazingreen Comme des Garcons by & 1725 Histoires de Parfums. 

     

    I'm open to ANY suggestions! 

    9/16/13 at 5:33pm

    Tony T said:



    Welcome to Basenotes..

    We need more info..

    Weather..

    Time of Day..

    Location..

    all these things are a factor..

    Also you can type in Wedding in the search bar and find over 9000 posts

    9/16/13 at 5:53pm

    PERFECT SCENT said:



    Hi Tony T

     

    It's a spring afternoon wedding on a lush farm in Australia. Sup tropical climate so it will be sunny & not hot or cold. The wedding will run through into the evening & it will be pretty & romantic. It will then build up to a big party. 

     

    Thanks for the info about the wedding posts. 

    9/16/13 at 6:14pm

    CapriDog said:



    Welcomes to Basenotes!

    For him, I would suggest to sample APOM Pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

    Congrats!

    9/16/13 at 7:40pm

    Pedro A said:



    For him Menthe Fraiche by Heeley.

    9/16/13 at 7:53pm

    hednic said:



    Welcome to you! For him, I would suggest Creed Bois Du Portugal or Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur

    9/16/13 at 8:51pm

    Mimi Gardenia said:



    Welcome to Basenotes and congratulations on your upcoming wedding . :)

    Perhaps Nectarine Blossom & Honey by Jo Malone. It's better than the By Killian in all honesty and IMHO - if you like peach .

    +1 for Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur 

    +1 for APOM Pour Homme as well 

    9/16/13 at 9:32pm

    tdwctdwc said:



    Narciso Rodriguez Musc For him

    9/16/13 at 11:54pm

    remik said:



    Guerlain Derby

    9/17/13 at 1:39am

    saminlondon said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by remik View Post

    Guerlain Derby

     

    Good suggestion. 

     

    For such an important occasion, I'd go with something classic for both. For him, maybe Chanel Pour Monsieur or Eau Sauvage?

    9/17/13 at 5:22am

    Tony T said:



    CDG Red Play for him perhaps

    9/17/13 at 5:25am

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by remik View Post

    Guerlain Derby
    Agree. Good Suggestion

    9/17/13 at 5:29am

    dougczar said:



    Congratulations & Welcome.

     

    Not a cheap option, but Creed Jardin d'Amalfi for her, and Creed Spice & Wood for him.

    9/17/13 at 6:32am

    edshepp said:



    Une Fleur de Cassie from the Frederic Malle line.

    9/17/13 at 6:33am

    rynegne said:



    Dior Vetiver if price isn't a concern. If price is a concern...Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza (I know it's still somewhat pricy, but it's in the same range as the aforementioned Amazingreen.)

    9/17/13 at 7:22am

    sjg3839 said:



    For him, I would suggest Creed Millesime Imperial.

    9/17/13 at 10:09am

    Curly11 said:



    Carnal Flower by F. Malle or Debut by Parfums DelRae for the bride. Best wishes for your wedding day! smiley.gif

    9/17/13 at 10:19am

    Nefret said:



    +1 for Carnal Flower. It's beautiful, but also lasts and lasts.

    9/17/13 at 10:46am

    KBF1972 said:



    My fiancee and I are also getting married but ours will be mid October on the beach in South Carolina. Anyone have any good reccomendations for that?