Ambre Sultan..

    Ambre Sultan..

    post #1 of 37
    Thread Starter 

    I dislike Ambre Russe- too feminine

    Ambre Extreme is tolerable

    I just bought Ambre 114

    Based on my limited info I have posted would this be a good choice..

    Or is it 2 powderey/sweet like AR..

    I almost forgot..

    I love Amber Absolute but will not pay 200 for it..

    Fragrance.net has a deal on AS

    post #2 of 37

    Ambre Sultan is dry and spicy (spice cabinet to some), then it becomes sweeter. But it remains more spicy and intense than smoother ambers.

    Very good, but, as usual, hard to recommend a blind buy. If you are in downtown Chicago, you could drop by Barney's and smell it yourself.

    cacio

    post #3 of 37
    Thread Starter 

    59 bucks for 1.7 oz can't be beat

    Blind buying is an addiction that I love

    I just ordered Amber 114 so I might hold off..

    Idk yet

    post #4 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony TView Post

    I just bought Ambre 114

    You said in another post in another thread you didn't like it. What happened?
    post #5 of 37
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicView Post


    You said in another post in another thread you didn't like it. What happened?

    Why don't you check sir..

    I know you have the time- being logged in 18 hours a day

    post #6 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony TView Post


    I just bought Ambre 114

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicView Post

    You said in another post in another thread you didn't like it. What happened?

    plot_thickens.jpg
    post #7 of 37
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicView Post


    You said in another post in another thread you didn't like it. What happened?

    check the I bought September thread

    post #8 of 37

    IMO if you likeAmber Absolutethen you should likeAmber Sultan.

    post #9 of 37
    AS is softer than AA - I like AS and LOVE AA.
    post #10 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony TView Post

    Why don't you check sir..
    I know you have the time- being logged in 18 hours a day

    Those who live in a glass house should not throw stones!
    post #11 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicView Post

    You said in another post in another thread you didn't like it. What happened?

    LOL!

    I asked the same thing. The OP said he didn't like it, next thing you know he bought it.
    post #12 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony TView Post

    59 bucks for 1.7 oz can't be beat

    Blind buying is an addiction that I love

    I just ordered Amber 114 so I might hold off..

    Idk yet

    Fragrancenet has Ambre Sultan at a very low cost all the time, I've been watching that one myself for a couple of months, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. So, you probably have some time to decide.

    Having said that, I would recommend it highly. I ended up getting a decant of Ambre 114 before I popped for Ambre Sultan, but I think that's my next amber for the Fall/Winter season. May I recommend waiting until you've had a chance to smell the Ambre 114, then seeing how you feel about adding another amber? Ambre Sultan is a different take, from what I've smelled in my testing, but it's still somewhat redundant to have multiple ambers - not that it matters for collector purposes if that's your thing.
    post #13 of 37
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PalmBeachView Post


    LOL!

    I asked the same thing. The OP said he didn't like it, next thing you know he bought it.

    So you have never changed your mind?

    it happens..

    I am a bargain shopper..

    if I get it and wear it a few times and don't like it at least I know I can sell it and get my money back..

    I paid 75 for it not retail..

    I got a good deal on it

    post #14 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony TView Post

    I dislike Ambre Russe- too feminine

    Ambre Extreme is tolerable

    I just bought Ambre 114

    Based on my limited info I have posted would this be a good choice..

    Or is it 2 powderey/sweet like AR..

    I almost forgot..

    I love Amber Absolute but will not pay 200 for it..

    Fragrance.net has a deal on AS

    If you've already bought it then why don't you just wait until it arrives and make up your own mind?

    post #15 of 37
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chopwetView Post

    If you've already bought it then why don't you just wait until it arrives and make up your own mind?

    I have not.

    Probably won't for a few months

    post #16 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony TView Post

    I dislike Ambre Russe- too feminine
    Ambre Extreme is tolerable

    I just bought Ambre 114

    Based on my limited info I have posted would this be a good choice..

    Or is it 2 powderey/sweet like AR..


    AS is different than all of them.
    It's amber with spices (not chili spices nor herbal spices - culinary spices) but perfected.


    It's not powdery or sweet all.
    Nor is it smoky like A Absolute.
    The closest perfume to it is Mitzah.


    You have to try Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterrenea - Profumi del Forte.
    post #17 of 37
    That deal on Ambre Sultan was too good to pass up, I received the tester I purchased yesterday. I also own Ambre Extreme. So now I have a spicy and a sweet amber. I sampled the Ambre 114 and found it a very straight forward Amber. While I liked it, it wasn't special enough for me to want to add it to my collection. Just an opinion.
    post #18 of 37




Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000