Hi all, I'm new.
1) I want to make perfume from scratch. I have orange peels, cloves, and cinnamon sticks soaking separately in jars of Everclear/vodka, enough liquor to cover.
2) My understanding is shake them now and then. After a few days, pour each (separately) through cheesecloth, throw out the solids, pour in shallow pans and wait a few more days for alcohol to evaporate. Then I have small amounts of absolute oils.
3) Next, blend. To start, try 3 drops orange oil, 2 drops cinnamon, 1 drop clove.
4) When I like the smell, mix enough to be the start of a perfume and let it sit in a dark place for a few days.
5) Then add Everclear (again). 70% Everclear, 30% oils, because I want perfume.
6) Let that sit for a month in a dark place, then I'm done.
If anyone is up for helping me with all this mess, pretty please do. I haven't found much info. on the internet. Most of it is starting with essential oils. Just thought this way would be more fun.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts. :)