Every time I log in, Trojan Blocked message pops up

    Every time I log in, Trojan Blocked message pops up

    post #1 of 10
    Thread Starter 

    Is it just MY computer, or does anyone else get a message that a Trojan virus has been blocked? I t happens EVERY time I log in to Basenotes.

    post #2 of 10
    Not getting anything like that. Sounds like a virus on your system might be triggering that or the actual message about blocking the virus could be a virus. What program is giving you that message? No technical expert here.
    post #3 of 10
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednic View Post

    Not getting anything like that. Sounds like a virus on your system might be triggering that or the actual message about blocking the virus could be a virus. What program is giving you that message? No technical expert here.

     

    It's my Avast security system. I already did a thorough scan, and no virus found. 

    post #4 of 10

    False positive alarm, most probably. 

     

    I recommend Norton Internet Security that i use myself, no false alarms, very accurate and light-weight, get rid of Avast.

    Side by side with Norton i have Ad Muncher running, that i recommend as well, it blocks ads and popups.

    post #5 of 10

    Maybe you're spending too much time on 'other' websites ;). j/k

    post #6 of 10
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
     

    Maybe you're spending too much time on 'other' websites ;). j/k

     

    Then why does the website blocked have the word "perfume" in it?

    post #7 of 10
    Thread Starter 

    Well, according to what I have read online, it isn't Basenotes but one of those ____ ads on Basenotes home page. And by the way, those freakin ads are annoying, and I mean all the ones that open if you accidentally hover over them, whether you WANT it open or not. :angry: 

    post #8 of 10

    Installing AdBlock should work.

    post #9 of 10
    Thread Starter 

    Strange, it isn't doing that anymore. Apparently, it only did that for one day. 

    post #10 of 10

    Thanks for confirming - glad it's no longer a problem for you.

    class="

    10/6/13 at 2:03pm

    Allen-at-home said:



    Is it just MY computer, or does anyone else get a message that a Trojan virus has been blocked? I t happens EVERY time I log in to Basenotes.

    10/6/13 at 2:08pm

    hednic said:



    Not getting anything like that. Sounds like a virus on your system might be triggering that or the actual message about blocking the virus could be a virus. What program is giving you that message? No technical expert here.

    10/6/13 at 2:11pm

    Allen-at-home said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednic View Post

    Not getting anything like that. Sounds like a virus on your system might be triggering that or the actual message about blocking the virus could be a virus. What program is giving you that message? No technical expert here.

     

    It's my Avast security system. I already did a thorough scan, and no virus found. 

    10/6/13 at 3:32pm

    dofa91 said:



    False positive alarm, most probably. 

     

    I recommend Norton Internet Security that i use myself, no false alarms, very accurate and light-weight, get rid of Avast.

    Side by side with Norton i have Ad Muncher running, that i recommend as well, it blocks ads and popups.

    10/6/13 at 4:12pm

    mjones602 said:



    Maybe you're spending too much time on 'other' websites ;). j/k

    10/6/13 at 4:21pm

    Allen-at-home said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
     

    Maybe you're spending too much time on 'other' websites ;). j/k

     

    Then why does the website blocked have the word "perfume" in it?

    10/6/13 at 4:34pm

    Allen-at-home said:



    Well, according to what I have read online, it isn't Basenotes but one of those ____ ads on Basenotes home page. And by the way, those freakin ads are annoying, and I mean all the ones that open if you accidentally hover over them, whether you WANT it open or not. :angry: 

    10/7/13 at 12:27pm

    lpp said:



    Installing AdBlock should work.

    10/7/13 at 5:07pm

    Allen-at-home said:



    Strange, it isn't doing that anymore. Apparently, it only did that for one day. 

    10/8/13 at 2:07am

    lpp said:



    Thanks for confirming - glad it's no longer a problem for you.