New Fragrance? O'Drie "Peety". 'Make It Personal"

    New Fragrance? O'Drie "Peety". 'Make It Personal"

    post #1 of 9
    Thread Starter 

    Info just in from STC-

    Sorry that is O'Driu "Peety"

    Notes of rose, jasmine, tobacco, mandarin, bitter orange, amber, cinnamon, pink pepper, patchouli, sandalwood and tonka bean.

    Okay, so far so good.

    Now, the personal aspect.

    You are told to add a few drops of your urine (or someone elses-hey- I don't even want to know about that) to the bottle. That's the marketing gimmick to garner attention.

    As it was explained, hence the name 'Peety'.

    Why would someone (even want) do that? (To use as a marketing gimmick as a very oddball way to sell your wares)

    Um, no thanks-

    Sheesh.

    post #2 of 9
    post #3 of 9
    Thread Starter 

    Thanks Mick_Trick...for that link.

    This was the first time I've even heard of this one, STC just got samples in.

    The notes by themselves sound like they could be okay; but the rest of the hype?

    I think I'll stay far, far away! :thumbdown: eek!

    post #4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Meow7View Post

    Thanks Mick_Trick...for that link.

    This was the first time I've even heard of this one, STC just got samples in.

    The notes by themselves sound like they could be okay; but the rest of the hype?

    I think I'll stay far, far away! thumbdown.gif eek!

    It's beautiful stuff (both pre and post personalisation). Don't discount it so easily! wink.gif
    post #5 of 9

    @Mick Trick, I completely agree. If you don't "personalize" you are still in for a very pleasant surprise. Its a nice scent. This is a wonderful "niche" house with great staffing too.

    post #6 of 9

    Peety is delicious, forgetting about personalisation etc, it's just a wonderful fragrance. It has a stunning bitter orange note that blends with the Tonka to giveproceedings a sparkling and tart faux chypre identity. The heart exposes a softer velvety side as the tonka and musks build. This theme continues to the never ending drydown. Now my favourite release of 2013, amasterfully created piece of art.

    I know it's marketed as an EdP, but there's an oil slick residue where you spray and longevity is incredible, easily +18 hours, I'd guess the concentration is closer to or exceeding parfum extrait.

    For anyone who loves Terre d'Hermes or Chypre Palatin I would put this to the top of your sampling list, you will seriously dig this believe me!

    post #7 of 9

    I really wanna try this one but I'm afraid the creator personalized it himself already!!! You never know :evil:

    post #8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hawkView Post

    I really wanna try this one but I'm afraid the creator personalized it himself already!!! You never know evil.gif
    Dindt even think about that! Lol smile.gif
    Im definetly on the conservative side Here in the question of personilisation, now I dont think Ill even dare to sample it..
    post #9 of 9
    Thread Starter 

    I may include this one in my next sample order from STC, just because the notes (by themselves!!!) sound interesting & so nice-

    ' rose, jasmine, tobacco, mandarin, bitter orange, amber, cinnamon, pink pepper, patchouli, sandalwood and tonka bean.'

    Absolutely no 'personalization' happening here tho. I cringe at that thought!

    My first thought when I heard about this was 'is the perfume market so saturated that this is what it takes to get buyers interested?'

    I'm not so sure that the 'personalization' aspect does a thing to enhance the quality and experience of the perfumers virgin, original, unadulterated scent.

    Except keep others from using that 'particular' perfume of yours. (That is, if they really knew what was done to it!)

    "Whatcha wearing? "

    "Peety".

    Just doesn't sound right. lol.

    class="

    10/10/13 at 8:21am

    Meow7 said:



    Info just in from STC-

    Sorry that is O'Driu "Peety"

    Notes of rose, jasmine, tobacco, mandarin, bitter orange, amber, cinnamon, pink pepper, patchouli, sandalwood and tonka bean.

    Okay, so far so good.

    Now, the personal aspect.

    You are told to add a few drops of your urine (or someone elses-hey- I don't even want to know about that) to the bottle. That's the marketing gimmick to garner attention.

    As it was explained, hence the name 'Peety'.

    Why would someone (even want) do that? (To use as a marketing gimmick as a very oddball way to sell your wares)

    Um, no thanks-

    Sheesh.

    10/10/13 at 1:08pm

    Meow7 said:



    Thanks Mick_Trick...for that link.

    This was the first time I've even heard of this one, STC just got samples in.

    The notes by themselves sound like they could be okay; but the rest of the hype?

    I think I'll stay far, far away! :thumbdown: eek!

    10/10/13 at 1:21pm

    Mick_Trick said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Meow7View Post

    Thanks Mick_Trick...for that link.

    This was the first time I've even heard of this one, STC just got samples in.

    The notes by themselves sound like they could be okay; but the rest of the hype?

    I think I'll stay far, far away! thumbdown.gif eek!

    It's beautiful stuff (both pre and post personalisation). Don't discount it so easily! wink.gif

    10/10/13 at 3:03pm

    trex57 said:



    @Mick Trick, I completely agree. If you don't "personalize" you are still in for a very pleasant surprise. Its a nice scent. This is a wonderful "niche" house with great staffing too.

    10/11/13 at 2:59am

    Mick_Trick said:



    Peety is delicious, forgetting about personalisation etc, it's just a wonderful fragrance. It has a stunning bitter orange note that blends with the Tonka to giveproceedings a sparkling and tart faux chypre identity. The heart exposes a softer velvety side as the tonka and musks build. This theme continues to the never ending drydown. Now my favourite release of 2013, amasterfully created piece of art.

    I know it's marketed as an EdP, but there's an oil slick residue where you spray and longevity is incredible, easily +18 hours, I'd guess the concentration is closer to or exceeding parfum extrait.

    For anyone who loves Terre d'Hermes or Chypre Palatin I would put this to the top of your sampling list, you will seriously dig this believe me!

    10/11/13 at 11:45pm

    hawk said:



    I really wanna try this one but I'm afraid the creator personalized it himself already!!! You never know :evil:

    10/12/13 at 2:01am

    lottalotta said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hawkView Post

    I really wanna try this one but I'm afraid the creator personalized it himself already!!! You never know evil.gif
    Dindt even think about that! Lol smile.gif
    Im definetly on the conservative side Here in the question of personilisation, now I dont think Ill even dare to sample it..

    10/12/13 at 4:02am

    Meow7 said:



    I may include this one in my next sample order from STC, just because the notes (by themselves!!!) sound interesting & so nice-

    ' rose, jasmine, tobacco, mandarin, bitter orange, amber, cinnamon, pink pepper, patchouli, sandalwood and tonka bean.'

    Absolutely no 'personalization' happening here tho. I cringe at that thought!

    My first thought when I heard about this was 'is the perfume market so saturated that this is what it takes to get buyers interested?'

    I'm not so sure that the 'personalization' aspect does a thing to enhance the quality and experience of the perfumers virgin, original, unadulterated scent.

    Except keep others from using that 'particular' perfume of yours. (That is, if they really knew what was done to it!)

    "Whatcha wearing? "

    "Peety".

    Just doesn't sound right. lol.





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000