In your opinion, which do I need first: Dior Homme or Terre D'Hermes

    In your opinion, which do I need first: Dior Homme or Terre D'Hermes

    post #1 of 18
    Thread Starter 

    I'm slowly getting a collection started, and I was wondering what I should get first in your opinion. Dior Homme or Terre D'Hermes, both in their newest formulations.


    Thanks,

    Zach Parks

    post #2 of 18

    If I had to choose between both, I'd go for TdH. 

     

    DH smells like warm lipstick, I don't see why anyone would want to smell like warm lipstick. I've never smelled lipstick and thought "I need to smell like that!". I've sampled it extensively, in the end not for me.

     

    TdH on the other side is a wonderful rich and lush scent. Every other wear, I'll discover new layers to it, or a new angle.

     

    In the end, I find TdH to be a classier scent.

     

    But your nose might think different. Sample both if you can ;)

    post #3 of 18
    Either one really.
    post #4 of 18

    While I much prefer TdH over Dior Homme (though I thoroughly enjoy the latter), I find DH to be a much safer scent to start off with.  A bit chocolatey, some powder... good stuff, gets compliments.  Terre d'Hermes on the other hand is not for everybody.  It's very citrusy, the vetiver is pronounced, and some people find it to smell repulsive.  It's definitely one you should test before buying if you have not already.

     

    Although TdH works well in the winter in my experience, depending on where you live, DH may be a better choice going into this time of year if you're worried about that sort of thing.  I know I separate by weather, not everyone else does.  

     

     

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pdescendo View Post
     

     

    DH smells like warm lipstick

     

    pdescendo, I do not get this from Dior Homme, though I hear it often.  Perhaps I haven't been searching for it.  

    post #5 of 18

    I love Terre d'Hermes and am indifferent to Dior Homme...  I guess you can guess my answer. :-)

    post #6 of 18

    Terre D'Hermes could be your first choise[try if you can EDT &EDP[quiet better].

    Live DH for later choise[too lipstick,man!!!].

    post #7 of 18

    Have you smelled them both? if thats the case, then pick the one you like best. Or buy both!

     

    Otherwise if you're blind buying, i would go with Hermes first. I think its got more mass appeal. DH can seem a bit feminine, and to a close minded nose, even off putting. Although personally, i would pick Dior Homme ANY day over TDH.

    post #8 of 18

    The Dior formulas don't smell good on my skin.

    I do own both the EdT and the EdP of Terre D'Hermes.

    I prefer the EdT.

    post #9 of 18
    Terre D'Hermes would be my first choice and then Dior Homme. However, if you like both as suggested, get both. Both very nice scents IMO.
    post #10 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
     

    Have you smelled them both? if thats the case, then pick the one you like best. Or buy both!

     

    Otherwise if you're blind buying, i would go with Hermes first. I think its got more mass appeal. DH can seem a bit feminine, and to a close minded nose, even off putting.

    Sums up my thoughts! TdH first because it's easier to like for most people.

    post #11 of 18

    I would also go with TdH.

    post #12 of 18

    I'd choose TDH. 

    post #13 of 18

    Dior

    post #14 of 18

    I would say neither. Go with Dior Homme Intense. I might be crazy, but I just dont like TDH

    post #15 of 18
    I personally would buy Dior Homme, because i am not a fan of TdH. But i am not you.
    post #16 of 18

    You can't go wrong with either one IMO.

    post #17 of 18

    TdH Pure Parfum

    post #18 of 18
    Have both...love TDH...wish I hadn't bought the Dior...
    class="

    10/18/13 at 10:08pm

    zachparks said:



    I'm slowly getting a collection started, and I was wondering what I should get first in your opinion. Dior Homme or Terre D'Hermes, both in their newest formulations.


    Thanks,

    Zach Parks

    10/18/13 at 10:20pm

    pdescendo said:



    If I had to choose between both, I'd go for TdH. 

     

    DH smells like warm lipstick, I don't see why anyone would want to smell like warm lipstick. I've never smelled lipstick and thought "I need to smell like that!". I've sampled it extensively, in the end not for me.

     

    TdH on the other side is a wonderful rich and lush scent. Every other wear, I'll discover new layers to it, or a new angle.

     

    In the end, I find TdH to be a classier scent.

     

    But your nose might think different. Sample both if you can ;)

    10/19/13 at 12:34am

    hedonist222 said:



    Either one really.

    10/19/13 at 12:35am

    King Michael said:



    While I much prefer TdH over Dior Homme (though I thoroughly enjoy the latter), I find DH to be a much safer scent to start off with.  A bit chocolatey, some powder... good stuff, gets compliments.  Terre d'Hermes on the other hand is not for everybody.  It's very citrusy, the vetiver is pronounced, and some people find it to smell repulsive.  It's definitely one you should test before buying if you have not already.

     

    Although TdH works well in the winter in my experience, depending on where you live, DH may be a better choice going into this time of year if you're worried about that sort of thing.  I know I separate by weather, not everyone else does.  

     

     

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pdescendo View Post
     

     

    DH smells like warm lipstick

     

    pdescendo, I do not get this from Dior Homme, though I hear it often.  Perhaps I haven't been searching for it.  

    10/19/13 at 2:36am

    drseid said:



    I love Terre d'Hermes and am indifferent to Dior Homme...  I guess you can guess my answer. :-)

    10/19/13 at 2:55am

    mirmidon said:



    Terre D'Hermes could be your first choise[try if you can EDT &EDP[quiet better].

    Live DH for later choise[too lipstick,man!!!].

    10/19/13 at 4:06am

    aphexacid said:



    Have you smelled them both? if thats the case, then pick the one you like best. Or buy both!

     

    Otherwise if you're blind buying, i would go with Hermes first. I think its got more mass appeal. DH can seem a bit feminine, and to a close minded nose, even off putting. Although personally, i would pick Dior Homme ANY day over TDH.

    10/19/13 at 4:20am

    thines01 said:



    The Dior formulas don't smell good on my skin.

    I do own both the EdT and the EdP of Terre D'Hermes.

    I prefer the EdT.

    10/19/13 at 4:21am

    hednic said:



    Terre D'Hermes would be my first choice and then Dior Homme. However, if you like both as suggested, get both. Both very nice scents IMO.

    10/19/13 at 6:21am

    tonghpafu said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
     

    Have you smelled them both? if thats the case, then pick the one you like best. Or buy both!

     

    Otherwise if you're blind buying, i would go with Hermes first. I think its got more mass appeal. DH can seem a bit feminine, and to a close minded nose, even off putting.

    Sums up my thoughts! TdH first because it's easier to like for most people.

    10/19/13 at 6:35am

    dougczar said:



    I would also go with TdH.

    10/19/13 at 7:14am

    Ken_Russell said:



    I'd choose TDH. 

    10/19/13 at 7:16am

    Tony T said:



    Dior

    10/19/13 at 9:26am

    JJMAN said:



    I would say neither. Go with Dior Homme Intense. I might be crazy, but I just dont like TDH

    10/19/13 at 9:37am

    timmy-j said:



    I personally would buy Dior Homme, because i am not a fan of TdH. But i am not you.

    10/19/13 at 12:39pm

    sjg3839 said:



    You can't go wrong with either one IMO.

    10/19/13 at 12:43pm

    reachtop said:



    TdH Pure Parfum

    10/19/13 at 12:55pm

    Sniffers said:



    Have both...love TDH...wish I hadn't bought the Dior...