Beware of scammers

    Beware of scammers

    post #1 of 11
    Thread Starter 
    Amy Ward, Ward Aimi, and Daniel Lassa - all the same person, always asks for free samples, and then claims that they broke in shipment, send more.

     

    Wants a duplicate set of free samples to send to a friend in Russia for evaluation.

     

    Do not ever respond to this person:

     

    Email: fakejazzz@gmail.com
    Message:

    hello I opened up a store inside a family owned pharmacy owned for 50 years and I am trying to carry some really special niche items that inspire me , I travel a lot so I am always finding new things that inspire my taste, I really love perfume and I know a lot about it it is a big passion of mine , I think that your brand sounds really nice to me and special and I am looking to carry a few brands that can really speak to me , I don't want to carry to many perfumes but more a few brands that showcase my taste , I am not trying to carry things that every store in the world has because I want to offer my customers options to try new things that they don't have a chance to get because they cant travel as much as I can but still have amazing taste like me . right know I two Italian brands memo fuscini , and odriu , they sound really amazing to me , I am also going to carry a few niche perfume brands that I feel in the future will be very popular it is only a matter of time ,

    ive been looking into a few skincare brands that i feel will be a nice fit in what i am looking for also,

    if it is possible maybe you can send a few sample of your scents so i can try them out on my skin ,

    you can send to my adress

    ward aimi 213 maple street white river junction vermont 05001 usa

    hope to hear from you and support your fine brand take care

     

     

     

    Then he says, after receipt of the second set of samples, that his store is really too small to sell anything like my perfumes in his store.  Do not befriend him, do not respond to him, tell all your frinds and fellow perfumers about his ways...

    post #2 of 11
    Hmmm that fakejazzz person is occasionally sending me PMs asking me to sell him my discontinued Slumberhouses......or at least the sample vials I have as well.

    I wouldn't have ever considered selling my SHs, but I'm sorry to hear about the experience, Paul.
    Edited by timdoeswell - Yesterday at 5:43 pm
    post #3 of 11

    I imagine you would see those samples for sale on eBay or the like. Sad.

    post #4 of 11

    This is better suited to a General Fragrance discussion than DIY since anyone can be solicited by this person.

    post #5 of 11
    That's sad indeed.
    post #6 of 11

    People will try anything to get over on you..

    post #7 of 11
    Got a message from this person a few weeks ago. Asking if I wanted to purchase a fragrance. The subject was Nuhi. Never responded. Thanks for that info.
    post #8 of 11
    Thread Starter 

    Hi Stuigi, except that this person, has plagued the Artisanal Perfumers from all over the United states and EU.   His pattern is asking for multiple multiple free samples, double sets, replacement sets after claimed breakage, and enlarged sample sizes from perfumers.  The entire reason I posted it to the DIY forum is to warn other perfumers who may be solicited by him.

     

    I do not have personal experience with him and his dealings with other fumeheads, other than an account by Mark Behnke from Cafleurebon about his interactions with Ward Aimi, and how Ward Aimi tried to wheedle for decants.  But primarily my other perfumer friends have been plagued by this &%*$#(#(@? person...     

     

    Can we please possibly move it back to DIY, since it was intended for perfumers?

    post #9 of 11

    Sorry to hear this Paul and applaud you for trying to make more people aware. I never understand the mindset of these gits, they seem to take delight in ripping off those who are trying to make an honest living. I hope this has not hurt your business to much. Adam

    post #10 of 11
    Thanks for the warning sir...
    post #11 of 11

    He will find this thread at some point with a search string and will change all of his known names to new ones.

     

     Instead of giving out decants perhaps you could change to a sample type that is harder to sell.  A new sample should be developed such as an alcohol wipe pad in a ziploc or heat sealed pouch.  It could be used a few times and then would dry out.  It wouldn't break in the mail and most likely, nobody would buy it.  This kind of packaging could be easily labeled in a way that makes it obvious that it's just a sample.  Just a thought.

    class="

    10/23/13 at 4:07pm

    pkiler said:



    Amy Ward, Ward Aimi, and Daniel Lassa - all the same person, always asks for free samples, and then claims that they broke in shipment, send more.

     

    Wants a duplicate set of free samples to send to a friend in Russia for evaluation.

     

    Do not ever respond to this person:

     

    Email: fakejazzz@gmail.com
    Message:

    hello I opened up a store inside a family owned pharmacy owned for 50 years and I am trying to carry some really special niche items that inspire me , I travel a lot so I am always finding new things that inspire my taste, I really love perfume and I know a lot about it it is a big passion of mine , I think that your brand sounds really nice to me and special and I am looking to carry a few brands that can really speak to me , I don't want to carry to many perfumes but more a few brands that showcase my taste , I am not trying to carry things that every store in the world has because I want to offer my customers options to try new things that they don't have a chance to get because they cant travel as much as I can but still have amazing taste like me . right know I two Italian brands memo fuscini , and odriu , they sound really amazing to me , I am also going to carry a few niche perfume brands that I feel in the future will be very popular it is only a matter of time ,

    ive been looking into a few skincare brands that i feel will be a nice fit in what i am looking for also,

    if it is possible maybe you can send a few sample of your scents so i can try them out on my skin ,

    you can send to my adress

    ward aimi 213 maple street white river junction vermont 05001 usa

    hope to hear from you and support your fine brand take care

     

     

     

    Then he says, after receipt of the second set of samples, that his store is really too small to sell anything like my perfumes in his store.  Do not befriend him, do not respond to him, tell all your frinds and fellow perfumers about his ways...

    10/23/13 at 5:31pm

    timdoeswell said:



    Hmmm that fakejazzz person is occasionally sending me PMs asking me to sell him my discontinued Slumberhouses......or at least the sample vials I have as well.

    I wouldn't have ever considered selling my SHs, but I'm sorry to hear about the experience, Paul.
    Edited by timdoeswell - Yesterday at 5:43 pm

    10/23/13 at 5:50pm

    kbe said:



    I imagine you would see those samples for sale on eBay or the like. Sad.

    10/24/13 at 4:11am

    stuigi said:



    This is better suited to a General Fragrance discussion than DIY since anyone can be solicited by this person.

    10/24/13 at 4:29am

    hednic said:



    That's sad indeed.

    10/24/13 at 5:43am

    Tony T said:



    People will try anything to get over on you..

    10/24/13 at 6:23am

    sjg3839 said:



    Got a message from this person a few weeks ago. Asking if I wanted to purchase a fragrance. The subject was Nuhi. Never responded. Thanks for that info.

    10/24/13 at 7:51am

    pkiler said:



    Hi Stuigi, except that this person, has plagued the Artisanal Perfumers from all over the United states and EU.   His pattern is asking for multiple multiple free samples, double sets, replacement sets after claimed breakage, and enlarged sample sizes from perfumers.  The entire reason I posted it to the DIY forum is to warn other perfumers who may be solicited by him.

     

    I do not have personal experience with him and his dealings with other fumeheads, other than an account by Mark Behnke from Cafleurebon about his interactions with Ward Aimi, and how Ward Aimi tried to wheedle for decants.  But primarily my other perfumer friends have been plagued by this &%*$#(#(@? person...     

     

    Can we please possibly move it back to DIY, since it was intended for perfumers?

    10/24/13 at 8:05am

    Hermitage Oils said:



    Sorry to hear this Paul and applaud you for trying to make more people aware. I never understand the mindset of these gits, they seem to take delight in ripping off those who are trying to make an honest living. I hope this has not hurt your business to much. Adam

    10/24/13 at 8:37am

    magnus611 said:



    Thanks for the warning sir...

    10/24/13 at 9:34pm

    JEBeasley said:



    He will find this thread at some point with a search string and will change all of his known names to new ones.

     

     Instead of giving out decants perhaps you could change to a sample type that is harder to sell.  A new sample should be developed such as an alcohol wipe pad in a ziploc or heat sealed pouch.  It could be used a few times and then would dry out.  It wouldn't break in the mail and most likely, nobody would buy it.  This kind of packaging could be easily labeled in a way that makes it obvious that it's just a sample.  Just a thought.