Yikes--I do know how to spell "parasitic", honest.
Just read your excellent "Black March" review, and it made me want some. But please, even though I'm a near-lifelong gardener and soil-lover, let me talk you out of tasting soil. The eggs and larvae of several parasic worms are VERY common in soil, mostly shed there by animals. They live a longish time, and can cause harm to humans ranging from minor stomach upset to parasitic pneumonia or blindness. So it is just not a good idea even to taste; the eggs are almost microscopic and easily washed down in saliva, or by any liquid you rinse the dirt out with. (Maybe straight liquor would kill 'em, though I can't vouch.) And if you're still gonna do it, you may want to get checked for parasites at your annual physical.
Basenotes is an online guide to perfume and fragrance, featuring news, a database of fragrances, perfume glossary, fragrance forums, user reviews and more.