Fragrance Event: Scratch + Sniff @ The Book Club, London. Feb 9th
Lizzie Ostrom who is organising the event told Basenotes that: "I don't want to say too much at this stage, as this would ruin the surprise, but what I can say is this:
- It will take participants on an olfactory adventure.
- It will open their minds as to the links between smells and other creative disciplines.
- It will invite us to consider perfume as an art in itself - developing the delight people experienced at reading perfume the guide, we'll really push the argument that you can appreciate a great perfume as you can any other kind of art.
- Because the evening will be about creative and personal interpretations of perfume, Scratch + Sniff should have something of interest from beginners just embarking on their perfume journey, through to old hands!
- Excitingly, Les Senteurs are partnering with me on this event, and will be helping me to run some great, participative elements.
Basically anyone who'd like to come should arrive noses clear, an open mind, and most definitely should avoid spraying on any perfume before they come...
At the moment, Scratch + Sniff is new and an experiment, but I'm really keen to explore ways it might be able to develop into something more regular. So would really appreciate the feedback from the Basenotes community. "
Those interest can find out how to book at the link below.
- Tuesday 9th February at 7pm
- At The Book Club, 100 Leonard Street, Shoreditch, London EC2A 4RH
- Nearest Tube: Old Street
- Tickets are £5 on the door including a glass of wine.
- Advance registration is advised as places are limited: Pre-register at http://www.scratchandsniff.eventbrite.com
Leave a comment
You need to log in to leave a comment