Gorilla Perfume at Lush was created to showcase the perfumery of Mark and Simon Constantine with the aim of getting people excited about good quality perfume. Lush say "We believe great perfumes are like works of art. They are memorable, inspiring and delightful."
Lush add that "Gorilla Perfume offers a refreshing approach to an industry whereby packaging and advertising are too often the focus. With Gorilla, perfume is the point.". And to give people the opportunity to try the scents they are offering a limited edition sample pack of 7 samples. The seven scents are the ones that will be available in the Gorilla range.
Imogen Rose, Orange Blossom, Lust, Tuca Tuca, Karma and Vanillary will also be available in UK Lush stores nationwide from the 13th of August. International launch dates to follow.
The full range will available at gorillaperfume.com will include:
- NEW: Imogen Rose – Inspired by Simon’s daughter, Imogen Rose is an exquisite rose perfume with dry vetivert notes and a powdery amber accord.
- NEW: Orange Blossom - Fresh orange blossom and neroli perfume, with honeyed and woody notes, that smells like a distilled Mediterranean moment.
- NEW: Lust – Carnal and sexy jasmine with an indolic character; rich floral notes and a soft, woody base.
- NEW: Tuca Tuca – Feminine and flirty violet perfume with violet leaf, cassie and vanilla to evoke memories of that first intoxicating crush.
- NEW (gorillaperfume.com exclusive): The Smell of Weather Turning – The perfume that captures a thunderstorm in reverse, with a fresh scent of rain on grass that develops a dark, smoky character and back into a smell of sweet hay.
- NEW:The Smell of Freedom - Opens with a fresh, herbal accord and reveals its complex, spicy and woody nature as it warms on your skin. It's a masterpiece of profound complexity and beauty.
- Karma – The trippy signature Lush scent of pine, patchouli and orange.
- Vanillary – The sweet and sensual vanilla perfume with floral and smoky notes.
- Flower Market - a re-launched Retro Lush fragrance, inspired by Audrey Hepburn and the Covent Garden flower market.
- Icon - An intoxicating blend of citrus and resins. Another Retro Lush fragrance,
- Ginger - One of the first fine fragrances from the Constantine stable, Ginger was launched back in the Cosmetics to Go days. It's a fresh, uplifting ginger root scent.
Several of the B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful fragrances will also be available again. Full list of these to follow.
Basenotes Plus members have chance to win a set of the 7 samples currently on offer., Find out how to enter in this thread here. We have 10 to give away - when they're gone they're gone!
The next Gorilla gallery event will take place in New York on the week commencing 20th of September. More details to follow
Further information about Gorilla can be found at the Gorilla Perfume and Lush websites.