One of my favorite categories.~ Inis
- a "kinder, gentler" Issey~ Polo Blue
- nice use of cucumber, but poor duration~ Acqua di Gio
- the king of being much maligned is still quite good to my nose and I don't find myself in environments where it is "overused".~ Bond No. 9 Wall Street
- overpriced for what it is, but I still do enjoy it. I've not worn it that much yet since it was a winter acquisition and I tend to wear these more in warmer weather. Much more ozonic than any of the others I've tried and also has a nice cucumbery note.~ Halston Unbound
- the king of inexpensive marines, very similar to AdG, but with a bit more sweet watermelon opening. I found a set at TJ Maxx that included the 50 ml EdT and aftershave balm for $7!. Unfortunately, the bottle fell and shattered on my bathroom floor.~ Hermes Eau de Merveilles
- you'll have to check the women's counter for this one. I only have a small decant of this one and while I really like it, its too faint in the two wearings I've tried so far. http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/for...176953;start=0
will take you to Serpent's excellent review of this one.~ Angel Schlesser Homme
- another one similar to AdG, but better from my recollection. The faint rice notes are what make it interesting.~ CSP Aqua Motu
- still on my want to try list~ Calypso Marine
- it has been a long time since I've sampled this one, but I remember really liking it. Another on my want list.~ Body Shop Oceanus
- another on my want to try list, as recommended to me by scenteur7.~ CK Escape
- it has been a LONG time since I've smelled this one, but I think it was probably most responsible in terms of launching the marine / ozonic phase that dominated men's fragrance releases in the 90's.
Hope that helps.