I'm still looking for my holy grail frag. Here are my top 5, though:
1. Bvlgari Black - My favorite "night out" frag. I love the aura it gives me. This is the closest thing to a holy grail frag I've found.
2. CK be/CK one - My favorite fallback frags for when I can't think of anything else I'd rather wear. Plus they both have tons of sentimental value for me.
3. Clinique Happy - The one that "introduced" me to the idea that men's frags are more my style than womens frags. It's been 2 & a half years since that realization, & I still wear happy at least once a week.
4. Silver Mountain Water - Probably the most beautiful frag I've encountered. I needed a break from this one for awhile because it had lost its luster in my eyes. Now I'm ready to welcome it back w/ open arms.
5. Lolita Lempicka au masculin - Makes me feel like a sexy Good N Plenty.
1) Hermes Eau l'Orange Verte (i keep a splash of this in my briefcase and reapply often. possibly the best smell ever on me)
2) Gucci PH (dry and woody - and i know lots of folks say it's a cold weather scent, but living in Florida I find it works quite well against the humidity to keep a dry, clean sensation. but just spicy enough to make me keep sniffing my wrist)
3) Givenchy Pi (Just bought a bottle of this on the strength of a test schpritz from Sephora at the mall and yum - vanilla creme brulee with caramel toffees on top. I like to give myself one spray before going to bed, make me have SWEET dreams)
4) Must de Cartier pour Homme (This is my grown up scent. Nice clean citrusy opening, done in a way that isn't overdone - though I'm not sure how or why. Dries down to the most amazing scent - with sparkles of anise popping up unexpectedly. Class scent from a class operation.)
5) Gaultier² (OK I know this is out of step with the rest of my choices, but it's such a fun, delicious, sweet and bubblygumfun scent that I can't help but enjoy it. I wore it HEAVY, HEAVY HEAVY - think CoL with a cold and stuffy nose - on Halloween and had such a fun night that it reaffirmed my belief that this stuff is childlike happiness and carefree good times bottled up in a fun magnetic toy.)
I don't know if it's HG but I've been wearing it lot lately because I get nothing but compliments each time I wear it. Here goes: Norma Kamali Perfume LAYERED with Norma Kamali Incense. I balance the floral of the NK Perfume with the linear smoky Incense. The result an outstanding floral/ oriental blend. I'd like to add that it lasts for hours! My top all - time favorites are: 1.) Carnal Flower 2.) Garofano 3.) Cuir Mauresque 4.) Black Aoud 5.) Vetiver Extraordinaire.
Tastes change and they do vary, but the above mentioned are my flavors of the moment.
"All-time" is a tall order. There's ten million fragrances out there I do not even know yet and more coming daily. Plus I refuse to limit my olfactory lust to five favorite fragrant concubines. Variation is the thing. That said:
Villoresi - Piper Nigrum
Villoresi - Sandalo
Creed - Bois du Portugal
Lutens - Ambre Sultan
Crown Perfumery - Sandringham
D'Orsay - Etiquette Bleue
Cacharel pour homme
Adolfo Dominguez - Vetiver Hombre
are my favorite 5star fragrances.
New York is in the process of joining them. And I'm only just starting to explore LV Spezie, C&S No.88 and a host of other candidates.
Angel is the closest that comes to HG status. If I could only wear one more frag for the rest of my life, Angel would probably be it. And she is my all time favorite, that never changes. The rest of my list is sort of a revolving door. So for today, my top five are: