Well, on the real bottle and packaging, there are several key differences:
- "Jean-Paul Gaultier" is not hyphenated on the real Le Male can fine print like it is on the fake.
- The bottom of the can should also say "© Beaute Prestige International 1995" and the full address of Beaute Prestige International, which is 28/32, Avenue Victor Hugo, 75116 Paris.
- Newer real Le Male bottles have laser-etched text on the bottom, along with "Gaultier" stamped on the shoulderblades of the guy's back.
- The bulge at the bottom is slightly smaller and more curved.
- On the bottom of the bottle, it's spelled "B.P.I.", not "BPI".
Still, this is one of the better fakes I have seen... good enough to trick the average Joe.