Here's my thoughts on what different tech CEOs would wear:
- Steve Jobs (Apple): Thinks different, so he'd wear something by The Different Company...
- Steve Ballmer (Microsoft): Loud, overplayed, and poorly put together, just like Vista... I'd say original Aramis.
- Eric Schmidt (Google): Google's corporate culture is "complicated simplicity", just like Comme des Garcons fragrances (probably one of the Odeur series or CdG 2/2 MAN).
- Jerry Yang (Yahoo!): You just got done fighting a takeover bid from Microsoft (see Steve Ballmer). Now, you're fighting activist shareholder/corporate raider (take your pick) Carl Icahn. Time for something calming, like the Eau d'Italie line?
- Mark Hurd (Hewlett-Packard): This one's easy... Clive Christian No. 1. The only fragrance more expensive than HP's overpriced printer ink.
- Larry Ellison (Oracle): In addition to databases, he has good taste in clothes.. I'd say that Green Irish Tweed fits him well.
- John Chambers (Cisco): Narciso Rodriguez for Him sounds awfully similar to Nar-cisco Router-iguez for geeks...
- Michael Dell (Dell): Acqua di Gio... the Dell Inspiron of fragrances. Easy to buy and used by millions, but you smell the same as everyone else.
- Rob Glaser (RealNetworks): His favorite snack is Krispy Kreme doughnuts, so it would have to be a gourmand. Maybe A*Men?