My dears, I am back in the saddle in front of my monitor in the study, and the timing of course, could not have been more stupid! Thank you very much for bearing with me and my not so frequent visits to the local library. Congratulations to all because we all identified the fragrances correctly.
Here is the answer to the last question: "Why was C (aka Jean Patou Divine Folie) included into the Cuckoo for Coco Round?" Because Jean Patou and M-lle Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel were born on the same day, August 19
, three years apart: JP in 1880 and CC in 1883. For many years I have been celebrating Coco's birthday with a drop of #19 extrait, but as of January -- while creating the birthday calendar for the year (how do you think I remember when Serge L. or Olivia G. were born? ) I came across that fact and decided to play on it. And what better fragrance with a word "Cuckoo" in it than Divine Folie? In the grand scheme of things I do believe that people born on the same day are somehow connected through the invisible humanitarian bond (What a coincidence -- as of today my twin brother Magnifiscent became my BN friend!). Please do not be surprised if this year I will wear Coctail or Caline on August 19th (among other people born on this glorious day are Ogden Nash and Hillarie Clinton).
1) Please DO make a partner/backup in case you are left without the Internet.
2) MikePerez and I must have similar skin chemistry or diet, or both.
3) Lady_in_Black -- I think I know how she guessed that last one -- immersion?
Trying to totally put herself into my shoes and living my experiences of Divine Folie? No wonder, we wear same type of socks and enjoy same type of chocolate!
4) Future hosts: make it difficult! Make us all work and wonder. Make us lose sleep over the fragrance in question. Removing these particular fragrances from your Wardrobe a week or two in advance is a matter of preference, BTW.
5) Purplebird7 -- do not feel that bad, you did all the fine work sniffing and identifying the notes. Teamwork is what matters most.
6) Out of 16 guesses that were PMed to me during the course of one week, only one fragrance was identified correctly: it was PdeC Fireworks guessed by darkdreams. I thought I would mention it.
Thanks again to everybody who was supporting this thread by posting or reading it, it has been a great exercise and I hope more are yet to come.